SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs South Dakota Mines

Cratter

is tailgate thing free? i would have time paying to eat at these vendors whn i could just go there my self.

I think that it is free to go into the area, but I would be shocked if the food was free. The advantage of purchasing from the vendors while at the game is convenience. You don't have to go to the places, they bring the food where you are going to be.

I think that it is free to go into the area, but I would be shocked if the food was free. The advantage of purchasing from the vendors while at the game is convenience. You don't have to go to the places, they bring the food where you are going to be.

It's great advertising for them don't be surprised if its free

Just read over the week #1 game notes and the media people claim that UND was 11-1 at the Alerus in the DII playoffs. I thought that the Sioux never lost a home playoff game at the Alerus.....

Program historians.....you're on call here.....

Just read over the week #1 game notes and the media people claim that UND was 11-1 at the Alerus in the DII playoffs. I thought that the Sioux never lost a home playoff game at the Alerus.....

Program historians.....you're on call here.....

I think that you are right and they are wrong. First year in the Alerus was 2001. Won the national title and didn't lose in the playoffs. 2002 didn't make the playoffs. 2003 lost in the title game to Grand Valley. Lost at Pittsburg State in semis in 2004. Lost at Grand Valley in 2nd round in 2005, in quarters in 2006, and in 2nd round again in 2007. Started transition in 2008. Only playoff losses were on the road since Alerus Center opened. Close to a .500 record on the road in the playoffs and perfect winning record at home during those years.

I miss days of free tailgating...think more casual fans would show up if it was free?

Tailgating should be free. They can charge for food, but it shouldn't cost money to show up and wander around the tailgating area. In fact, the whole parking lot should be a tailgating area that people can wander around.

Yeah like this MInes game i know people who want to tailgate but could care less seeing und beat down the mines. Now some of them will not come as they dont want to fork over 15 bucks to cook food on a black top parking lot that we all paid taxes for.

How much money do you think Ground Round, Dickies, and Deeks are paying to be the food sponsors for the home opener? Sure as heck aint free to them. If they want to try to recoup some of their investment by selling food, why are you mad at them? Who knows, maybe if you supported the businesses and purchased a meal tailgating, they would decide to do it a 2nd or 3rd time sponsoring the food at tailgating in the future. Think about it.

Anyways, hop on the UND bus and bring your Toy Story lunch box with your peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in it then. Free tailgating.

Problem solved.

• Upvote 1

People need to realize that tailgating is free!! You don't need to buy a spot, bring your grill and go through all that work to tailgate. You can show up and just walk around and there are always sponsers for the game that are giving away free food. If you walk around enough, there are other tailgaters that are handing you food as you pass by. Plenty of free stuff to go around. If you want to go the the Tailgate village to get some Dickie's or Deeks, head over there. Pretty sure it will be reasonably priced. Basically, my point is...get out to the tailgate lot and have a great time!!!

• Upvote 3