SiouxSports.com Forum

Football Champs

breakin face

The fact that this story came out is such a nonstory. If the story was reversed believe me it would of come out in Fargo too. They would of taken great delight in it in Fargo. The real story here is the NCAA and their incompetance.

• Upvote 2

The fact that this story came out is such a nonstory. If the story was reversed believe me it would of come out in Fargo too. They would of taken great delight in it in Fargo. The real story here is the NCAA and their incompetance.

I'm sure the NCAA appreicated UND's actions. What goes around comes around. I wonder if they have long memories?

I'm sure the NCAA appreicated UND's actions. What goes around comes around. I wonder if they have long memories?

You don't think the NCAA has been through enough with UND already? This is a non-issue compared to everthing else going on.

Oh it all adds up.....

What do you mean? Faison called the NCAA and got them to mail the banner to UND. That's why the letter was addressed to him and not Gene Taylor. Its the only explanation. How else would the NCAA confuse UND and ndsu?

What do you mean? Faison called the NCAA and got them to mail the banner to UND. That's why the letter was addressed to him and not Gene Taylor. Its the only explanation. How else would the NCAA confuse UND and ndsu?

It is a conspiracy between Nelson, Faison and the rest of the UND Athletic Department. No doubt that the NCAA will sanction UND heavily for this, in spite of the fact that they dropped then nickname.

Heads will roll! Heck, heads will come off! Well, when they figure out that NDSU exists, then the NCAA will take action...

Your AD could have prevented that from happening, making the ncaa and ndsu look bad. But why do the right thing when its so much more fun to be an a**. And you wonder why GT would prefer not to associate with your athletic department.

Regardless of what happened or what you think should have happened, how does any of it make NDSU look bad?

Regardless of what happened or what you think should have happened, how does any of it make NDSU look bad?

It doesn't make NDSU look bad. It doesn't make UND look bad. And it's a minor blip for the NCAA. Someone at the NCAA made a mistake, and the fact is that neither UND nor NDSU is a major player in collegiate sports. People need to get over these stupid little things that really don't mean anything in the big scheme of life.

People are reading way to much into this. It doesn't mean that the NCAA doesn't know who the NCAA Champions are. It doesn't mean that it is easy to mix up the two schools, especially in the polls. It doesn't mean that the NCAA is clueless on everything they do. This was a case of a secretary at the NCAA office addressed it to the wrong AD, and sent it to the wronf campus. THAT"S IT!!! So stupid that people are trying to turn this into things that it is not.

WTF are people doing still talking about this?

The NCAA screwed up and sent it the wrong school with a cover letter addressed to the wrong person, Faison left a message at NDSU because he had bigger issues to address that day, a few people shared pictures of it to get a laugh, and they packaged it up and sent it on its way.

And that is worth 20 pages on B'ville and 6 pages on here?

Everything in this world is not a conspiracy, get a f'ing grip.

• Upvote 3

And it's a minor blip for the NCAA. Someone at the NCAA made a mistake, ...

I have $10 that says that was not the biggest administrative error that day at the NCAA the day that was shipped.

I have another $10 that says that wasn't a "top ten" administrative screw-up for that week at the NCAA.

Just wait until we move up in the polls...people will get the two schools mixed up and if and when (you know its coming) UND is ranked higher than NDSU...holy crap there will be more posts about it on BVille than the Sioux nickname issue. Anything that makes NDSU the "victim" makes for great news to blame UND. I am sure they blame us for getting rejected from the BSC twice, its UND's fault that the ref in the EWU-NDSU playoff game in 2010 made a call against NDSU. NDSU is always right and UND is always wrong....its the new motto at the AC.

Don't forget it's UND's fault that su is "underfunded" that Whisky joe was "driven out of the state" that members of their football team committed felonies at Best Buy, that the school is losing money on its off-site locations ....

I can't believe that all of you have missed the two key people that are the real culprits behind this.

It is obvious to me, and should be to everybody else, that President Kelley contacted Tom Douple and forced him to pull his established and powerful strings at the NCAA offices in order for UND to get their hands on the first ever DI Football Championship banner every issued to a North Dakota school.

Let's not forget the Jedi mind tricks that President Kelley uses on Douple..............................

Personally, I think the mistake did not lie in shipping a D-1 Football Championship banner to Grand Forks, ND.

It should have been shipped to Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

Aren't they voting to allow NDSU to join their conference? Or is it the Big 12 they are joining.