SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 NHL Stanley Cup playoffs

jimdahl

A couple of my Friends that are bloggers in Boston think he is done in Boston.

As much as I love the guy for bringing the Cup to Boston last year, I must say I think I may be in favor of this. Le'ts face it, he's still a good goalie but he's getting older and at his age (38) he's not going to get any better. It's all downhill from here. Plus, Goon, I must agree with the others - not going to the White House was not the right move. I don't care what his political views are - and he probably could have made a bigger statement by going, but hockey is the #1 team game and what he did was put himself above the team. Even in his Facebook postings or whatever he did all he talked about was MY choice and an INDIVIDUAL choice. Whatever - it was the wrong choice and in my opinion that caused some issues with this team. If they can get something for him during the offseason or at the draft - adios. Turn the team over to Rask who will be a #1 goalie for years to come.

• Upvote 1

As much as I love the guy for bringing the Cup to Boston last year, I must say I think I may be in favor of this. Le'ts face it, he's still a good goalie but he's getting older and at his age (38) he's not going to get any better. It's all downhill from here. Plus, Goon, I must agree with the others - not going to the White House was not the right move. I don't care what his political views are - and he probably could have made a bigger statement by going, but hockey is the #1 team game and what he did was put himself above the team. Even in his Facebook postings or whatever he did all he talked about was MY choice and an INDIVIDUAL choice. Whatever - it was the wrong choice and in my opinion that caused some issues with this team. If they can get something for him during the offseason or at the draft - adios. Turn the team over to Rask who will be a #1 goalie for years to come.

I think Joe Haggerty and James Murphy are going to help Timmy Pack.

Well, I wouldn't help him pack. I'm not THAT anxious to see him go!

I know there are a few in the Boston Media that are hoping that this is it for him. I am just hoping a division rival doesn't go after him and he comes back and stones the Bruins in the playoffs. Also, I am not very confident in Tuukka.

I know there are a few in the Boston Media that are hoping that this is it for him. I am just hoping a division rival doesn't go after him and he comes back and stones the Bruins in the playoffs. Also, I am not very confident in Tuukka.

You're not serious, are you? He could be a top goalie in the NHL for years to come.

• Upvote 1

You're not serious, are you? He could be a top goalie in the NHL for years to come.

I don't know I just don't feel comfortable with him between the pipes. Just my gut feelings. The Philly series a few years back might have soured me on him. Maybe I will change my mind.

Well, I wouldn't help him pack. I'm not THAT anxious to see him go!

This is not good.

"Our best players, we probably needed more out of their game," said Boston coach Claude Julien, referring to a number of Bruins. "I didn't think our team was in tune as much as it was this time last year."

And with that, a year in which Boston's season was at least partly defined by Thomas' refusal to visit the President in the White House with his teammates in January ended with some degree of irony. Some Boston reporters said Thomas walked on the sacred Bruins logo after the game; there is speculation that the divisive former Vezina winner will be on the market this summer. And it was Ward and the Capitals who sent him there.

At least fans in Vancouver don't act like this after a game 7 loss....they just burn and loot! :DFans let loose with racist comments after loss

That's despicable and makes me sick. I'm not sure if anything can be done to them for this, but if so, I hope they get the max. On SportsCenter they said something about someone overseas doing something similar to a soccer player and they got 56 days in jail.

• Upvote 1

Once upon a time there was a difference between being a sports fan and being a good sport. Vancouver fans obviously don't know the difference!

Once upon a time there was no need for a distinction (because all sports fans realized it's a game and not worth rioting or showing what sort of baffoon you are inside).

Well, here we go, with what I originally thought would be the opening series... NY Rangers vs. Washington coming up.

As I said before the playoffs started, I'm pretty happy to play the Rangers. WAS's new defensive style was showcased well in the last series, but I think matches up particularly well against the Rangers. While not flashy or high-scoring like the Caps of old, a strong PP kill, strong box out, backchecking, etc... is what advances you in the playoffs.

Finally, you can't help but think about goaltending. Thomas struggled this Spring, while Lundqvist has been pretty solid. A rookie slip by Holtby could cost the series; or a few key saves could seal it up.

The OT in tonight's NJ/FLA game has been very entertaining.

About the BOS/WASH series clinching goal - I'm not complaining, the series is over and it is what it is...but this is interesting...

FRASER: SHOULD GOALTENDER INTERFERENCE HAVE BEEN CALLED?

What matters most is that all the elements of rule 69.1 were violated and the goal should have been waved off.

The OT in tonight's NJ/FLA game has been very entertaining.

About the BOS/WASH series clinching goal - I'm not complaining, the series is over and it is what it is...but this is interesting...

FRASER: SHOULD GOALTENDER INTERFERENCE HAVE BEEN CALLED?

I thought that the Washington goal was clearly goalie interference. I was very surprised there wasn't any complaining by Boston.

And, I thought there was goalie interference on the Panthers' tying goal tonight. The Panthers player in front of Brodeur cross-checks the NJ defenseman, knocking him down, and then flops over backwards into Brodeur as the goal is being scored.

Chris Kreider just scored his second goal in his first handful of NHL games ever. and now an assist.

I can't believe the Rangers put a guy straight outta college into the NHL playoffs. ??? I always hear from NHL fans how college is so much slower than Major Juniors and the AHL, and college is just wasted development time, especially from Canadian NHL fans.

Anyone else think Derek Forbort is almost a clone of Braydon Coburn. Both 6'5", Forbort should fill out to be 220 at least. Their skating stride is eerily similar. Doesn't put up a ton of points offensively, thats because neither are aggressive offensively, not from lack of skills or instincts.

I'd like to know who woke the Kings up for the playoffs, I wasn't really that surprised they beat the Vancouver Figure Skaters but they have been putting the wood to St. Louis on the road and they had one of the best home records this year...not looking good for that Oshie/Parise-Zajac final.

I'd like to know who woke the Kings up for the playoffs, I wasn't really that surprised they beat the Vancouver Figure Skaters but they have been putting the wood to St. Louis on the road and they had one of the best home records this year...not looking good for that Oshie/Parise-Zajac final.

So, we would get a Greene/Parise-Zajac final....no biggie.