SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 NHL Stanley Cup playoffs

jimdahl

Caps beat Boston on a goal that Thomas probably should have had, puts the defending champs on the brink going to Washington.

Flyers must be feeling a little pressure now too, last thing they want to do is go back to Pittsburgh for a game 7.

Been a fun playoffs thus far.

25 games? Geez, that seems excessive. 2 or 3 would have been plenty. As a Penguins fan it doesn't affect me all that much one way or the other, but if I liked the Coyotes I would feel like I had been severely violated.

Torres charged Hossa when he didn't have the puck and hit him square in the head, injuring Hoss and keeping him out of the last two playoff games. and he's a 5-time repeat offender, including recently. So, wrong again, Dave.

I spose you're just proud of Torres for not agreeing to fight Bollig after it happened.

• Upvote 2

How fitting that the Canucks season ends on a blatant flop attempt that leads to an easy 2 on 1 break.

Yes. I thought it was a mugging at first until I saw the replay. The Vancouver player was holding the stick of the King's player and pretty much took himself out of the play.

The Canucks are a bunch of Whining Divers... I am glad their season is over... I am also glad the whining Pens are done as well. I am hoping and praying for a Philly and Boston second round match up, but who knows the Captials are a tough out. The NHL is probably having kittens at the prospects of that one. That series would probably have a record number of penalty minutes.

Edited by Goon

Out west it's LAK/STL** and keeping the LA television market in play has to make the NHL happy; however, ...

The notion of a NAS/PHX series (can you say "zero television interest"?) surely has them terrified.

And if OTT goes down, sure they keep NY television interest, but they lose the last Canadian team!

**LATE EDIT -- just realized this ensures at least one UND alumnus in the Western finals. (Greene or Oshie and Porter).

You missed on number of games but for picking an 8 over a 1 you still get the bow.gif

Why thank you! :blush: Yeah, it's always a crapshoot picking, and this year's playoffs have been as entertaining and unpredictable as ever.

- I thought the NYR would roll through OTT - I was very disappointed when WASH moved into 6th place and were matched up against the Bruins because I figured BOS would easily beat OTT - apparently I was wrong! I'm actually hoping for an OTT upset over the NYR.

- Once I saw BOS got WASH, I was initially worried because even though WASH had a bad year, they can get hot at any time. Then I saw that their #1 and #2 goalies were hurt so they'd be starting their #3, I figured that'd be an easier road to the 2nd round. Again, was I ever wrong!

- In the #3 (FLA and PHO) vs. the #6 (NJD and CHI) series, I was never a believer in either FLA or PHO. Looks like I could be wrong with both of these...I see a trend forming here.

- I don't have much to say about the PHI/PITT series. I think I'm still in disbelief with how that all went down. Not necessarily that PHI won, but how it happened.

- That leaves me with the STL/SJ, NASH/DET and LA/VAN series, which I ended up being right about.

The number of games will decrease as teams are eliminated. In the next couple of weeks, we'll won't have to flip back and forth much.

I'm just happy NBC has offered up as many games as they have. And, generally, they do a good job of each game.

Let's go Caps!

Seeing that idiot Tim Thomas eliminated in DC would be pretty satisfying. Maybe it would make him think twice about his little stunt he pulled when he disrespected the office of President of the United States.

It's called first amendment rights. Thomas is hardly an idiot.

You forgot Bruins fans, always trying to defend their thuggy little angels ;)

So, what's the over-under on total points for tonight's Pens-Flyers game? I'll take 12.

Ah Jim, you didn't, the Crapitals Head Coach Dale "cross check" Hunter is one of the dirtiest players to ever play the game of hockey. I found it Hilarious that he would whine about the Boston Bruins being dirty. Hunter for his efforts received a 21 game suspension the 6th longest all time for cross checking the New York Islanders forward Pierre Turgeon in the face after he scored a goal. I have yet to see a Boston Bruin do that since. Sorry Jim...

Edited by Goon

Ah Jim, you didn't, the Crapitals Head Coach Dale "cross check" Hunter is one of the dirtiest players to ever play the game of hockey.

Ahhh... intentional misspellings of a team name and dredging up ancient history -- the true marks of a fan desperately trying to distract from his losing argument. No question Hunter was was one of the biggest thugs in the game... 15 years ago in a completely different era. What I actually said was that "Boston fans try desperately to defend their thuggy little angels", and you chimed in right on script. To continue to try to deny that Boston was one of the cheapest teams in the league this year is truly to be blinded by gold and black glasses.

That aside, Boston has actually played a pretty clean series and it's been some really good hockey. Fun fact for those not watching... it's been the closest series in NHL playoff history -- never before has a series opened with six 1 goal games.

Given the Caps' recent game 7 history, there probably shouldn't be much reason for optimism. But, I've really liked the defensive style they've brought to the playoffs this year, so I'm hoping they can reverse the curse and be on the other side of sending a heavily favored team to the golf course from their home ice in game 7.

• Upvote 2

Ahhh... intentional misspellings of a team name and dredging up ancient history -- the true marks of a fan desperately trying to distract from his losing argument. No question Hunter was was one of the biggest thugs in the game... 15 years ago in a completely different era. What I actually said was that "Boston fans try desperately to defend their thuggy little angels", and you chimed in right on script. To continue to try to deny that Boston was one of the cheapest teams in the league this year is truly to be blinded by gold and black glasses.

That aside, Boston has actually played a pretty clean series and it's been some really good hockey. Fun fact for those not watching... it's been the closest series in NHL playoff history -- never before has a series opened with six 1 goal games.

Given the Caps' recent game 7 history, there probably shouldn't be much reason for optimism. But, I've really liked the defensive style they've brought to the playoffs this year, so I'm hoping they can reverse the curse and be on the other side of sending a heavily favored team to the golf course from their home ice in game 7.

Ha!!!! I was doing a little bit of fishing Jim and I don't have very high expectations about this season's Boston Bruins… The Crapitals was a Freudian Slip, but I still can't stand the Capitals... Yep you’re right the Boston Bruins have lived up to the name the “Big Bad Bruins,” as a team this season and have had the second most Fighting Majors in the NHL this season, next to the New York Rangers and last season they bullied their way to the Stanley Cup Championships. The Boston Bruins had numerous players suspended this season, including the Little Ball of Hate’s five gamer for a check on one of the Sedin Sisters... Not going to argue there.

I just thought it was funny that Dale Hunter would complain about the Bruins. I am kind of nervous about Wednesday’s game against the Capitals.

Edited by Goon

Only because Chicago and Phoenix have yet to play their 6th straight overtime game.

I didn't realize every game had gone to OT, I couldn't stay awake for a couple of the games at Phoenix and just caught the final score.

Have they said if that has ever happened before?