SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 NHL Stanley Cup playoffs

jimdahl

I thought this article from an LA writer was a little premature the other day after the Kings went up 3-0, and it's looking funnier and funnier...

http://www.latimes.c...,4292019.column

It's all over but the polishing of the Stanley Cup.

All over but for a day and a half of the Kings dutifully insisting they can play better and the New Jersey Devils reminding everyone that other NHL teams have erased a series deficit of three games to none and there's no reason they can't too.

Except the Devils can't do it. And won't.

"You get nothing for three," Kings defenseman Willie Mitchell cautioned, but in this case it's not true. Winning the third game means the Kings will get a chance on Wednesday to lift the Cup, to reward themselves for the steadfast belief they alone held through so many regular-season struggles, and reward fans who have agonized and waited so long for this that the walls of Staples Center might not contain their joy.

Way to go, Bernier.

Goodbye, Stanley Cup, but at least you sent a message, right?

2-0 Kings with over 2 minutes left in the 5 minute major.

edit: Now 3-0 with 8 seconds left in the major penalty.

I am beyond pissed right now.....this never happens if the Stoll checking from behind hit was called first. The refs just handed the stanley cup to the kings......there needs to be some firings over this.

I am beyond pissed right now.....this never happens if the Stoll checking from behind hit was called first. The refs just handed the stanley cup to the kings......there needs to be some firings over this.

Come on. There are missed calls in every game. Damn I hate it when people put the entire blame on the stripes. The better team is winning and were dominating before the major. Happy as hell for Greene.

Come on. There are missed calls in every game. Damn I hate it when people put the entire blame on the stripes. The better team is winning and were dominating before the major. Happy as hell for Greene.

The refs indirectly lead to all 4 goals, 1 of a pick and roll and 3 off a penalty that should never have had the opportunity to happen. The kings probably would still be winnning, but lets not say the refs didn't play a part in this because it is just simply untrue. They lost control of this game.....that shouldn't happen in game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals...

The refs indirectly lead to all 4 goals, 1 of a pick and roll and 3 off a penalty that should never have had the opportunity to happen. The kings probably would still be winnning, but lets not say the refs didn't play a part in this because it is just simply untrue. They lost control of this game.....that shouldn't happen in game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals...

Holy crap. Bernier ran they guy all on his own and cost his team big.

Holy crap. Bernier ran they guy all on his own and cost his team big.

I agree and I hope he never sees another game in the NHL for the rest of his career because of it........i'm a bitter fan and feel it's been stolen from us....just let me whine for a bit haha.

• Upvote 1

I agree and I hope he never sees another game in the NHL for the rest of his career because of it........i'm a bitter fan and feel it's been stolen from us....just let me whine for a bit haha.

Hey I'm pissed too but what do ya do but grin and bear it.

35 years ago, a Los Angeles Kings fan arrived on campus at UND. As if to prove that wasn't strange enough, he founded / cofounded the Farce. Tonight, I'm happy for one of my friends, who's waited a long time.

I'm also happy for Matt Greene, the prototype against which UND defensemen can be measured.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that the Cup Finals are over July 1 (NHL free agency) is just around the corner.

I was of the belief that NJD was the front-runner for Parise ... until the draft. Now with PIT sending Jordan Stahl to CAR I see a bunch of money having freed up in PIT. I won't be surprised to see Parise and Suter both end up in PIT in an attempt to get a Stanley Cup.

Now that the Cup Finals are over July 1 (NHL free agency) is just around the corner.

I was of the belief that NJD was the front-runner for Parise ... until the draft. Now with PIT sending Jordan Stahl to CAR I see a bunch of money having freed up in PIT. I won't be surprised to see Parise and Suter both end up in PIT in an attempt to get a Stanley Cup.

But isn't PIT also having to re-sign Crosby?