SiouxSports.com Forum

Brock, Danny, and Derek: PLEASE STAY!!!

yzerman19

Sucks for Minnesota and other teams that Kristo is back, but I have to admit I love seeing kids stay longer, no matter what school they're from. Maybe we'll get a surprise and both Schultz and Bjugstad will stay. Could be some deep, talented teams in the WCHA next year.

Just throwing out information, which is the purpose of a forum. If you don't care for the information then you can go right on by to the next post. No need to try to instigate drama with a fellow Sioux fan on our own message board.

I guess if it was agreed upon that they would all come back, then why did Kristo wait this long to say he was staying?

Great news that Kristo is coming back, he will be a leader and a proven go to guy. Looks like there should be a whole lot of talent around the WCHA next year. I think the whole Nelson situation was he probably had planned to come back and wanted to, but may have felt he just couldn't pass up the contract offer and might have felt that was the best offer he could get. I wish Brock was gonna be playing for the Sioux next year too and he was a bit of an unexpected departure, but a lot of people figured Kristo was gone and he has decided to come back so maybe that balances it out a little. In the end you're always gonna have guys who leave early and you wish they wouldn't but I just appreciate what they have contributed to the program and wish them the best of luck in the future.

I was pretty excited when Chay decided to use his medical redshirt and come back for a 5th year. I believe Brad S. and UNDSID fielded so many questions on was Chay staying or leaving that they had Chay give a press conference regarding his decision. With that said I am real happy Kristo is coming back. That is really awesome and it sets a real good example to others on the team.

I guess if it was agreed upon that they would all come back, then why did Kristo wait this long to say he was staying?

I was told last night that Danny's decision was made a few weeks back but Montreal wanted him to wait to talk with him before he announced it so that is why the wait. Also from what I understand Nelson was quite happy and content to play one more year here but was pressured by his family, especially his grandpa Bill Christian, to sign. I just hope signing too early doesn't ruin him. He certainly didn't get off to a good start with his few games in the AHL. I sure hope he has a huge summer in the weight room.

Getting Kristo to return is HUGE! All the talk about Seth Jones and his potential one year here pales in comparision to getting Kristo back for another year.

If you gave me the option of having Kristo or Jones here for the 2012-2013 season, I would take Kristo 100 times out of 100.

• Upvote 3

I had heard something that he was coming back from someone within the program but I didn't want to spout something off and then have it not come true. But since it appears what I was told was true I suppose I can mention the other half of the convo. I am NOT trying to start any rumors about our guys but the same person that told me about a week ago that Kristo was staying, also told me that the team (players) was not very happy with Nelson's decision to take off. Something about they all thought it was agreed upon that everyone was staying to try and win it all next year and next thing you know Nelson up and left. Again, not trying to bad mouth Nelson, met the kid a few times and he seems like a really good guy. I just really think this time next year Nelson will look back and think leaving was one of the worst decisions he made.

None of us walk in these kid's shoes. None of know what their personal life is like, what their motivations and ambitions are. No way do we know enough about Nelson's decision to even hint at casting aspersions.

Getting Kristo to return is HUGE! All the talk about Seth Jones and his potential one year here pales in comparision to getting Kristo back for another year.

If you gave me the option of having Kristo or Jones here for the 2012-2013 season, I would take Kristo 100 times out of 100.

I agree 100% with that statement. It would be nice to land Seth but I am much more happy to have Kristo returning.

I think Kristo coming back may have some fans on GPL a little worried, some of them are figuring he will still leave, think he is a headcase and using UND as leverage, and that he's not that big of difference maker. I may be in the minority but if I could only choose one who would be back next year between Kristo and Nelson, it would have been Kristo and it would've been a pretty easy decison for me.

I think Kristo coming back may have some fans on GPL a little worried, some of them are figuring he will still leave, think he is a headcase and using UND as leverage, and that he's not that big of difference maker. I may be in the minority but if I could only choose one who would be back next year between Kristo and Nelson, it would have been Kristo and it would've been a pretty easy decison for me.

Careful, Brianvf doesn't approve of what you're doing! :D

Nelson was really coming into his own, but I'd tend to agree. Kristo showed last year how badly he wants to win while, at the same time, being more disciplined on offense. UND will have some real hard-to-contain quickness next year, and Danny's energy will be contagious.

Me too. Too many fans just like at stats to determine a players worth. Don't get me wrong Nelson had a fantastic year and I wish he would've stayed for his Junior year, but the fans that watch the Sioux consistently know who the best/most effective player on the team was this year and that was Danny Kristo. With that being said, if Nelson would have improved as much this offseason as he did last offseason, I think he would have been our best player next year.

Haha, I saw that post on GPL as well.

I thought the leverage deal was a decent point until siouxforce reminded that he needs to withdraw from school to become a free agent, in which case we'd know sooner rather than later if he was planning on signing a contract. As I said on GPL, I expect him to be back after announcing it. He won't abandon his team.

Careful, Brianvf doesn't approve of what you're doing! :D

;):)

I was humored by some of those GPL comments as well. I'm sure the sentiment will be opposite should Bjugstad decide to stick around for another season. Instead, the Gopher fans will say "he just wanted to wear the treasured M another season" instead of "I guess the pro interest wasn't there like expected" or something like that. Haha!

Either way, I would agree with others that Danny will make quite a huge difference to UND's team next year. He was probably the best player on the ice in 80% of UND's games last year. His addition instantly brings UND up a notch or two...

;):)

I was humored by some of those GPL comments as well. I'm sure the sentiment will be opposite should Bjugstad decide to stick around for another season. Instead, the Gopher fans will say "he just wanted to wear the treasured M another season" instead of "I guess the pro interest wasn't there like expected" or something like that. Haha!

Either way, I would agree with others that Danny will make quite a huge difference to UND's team next year. He was probably the best player on the ice in 80% of UND's games last year. His addition instantly brings UND up a notch or two...

Yes, some of those comments bugged me as well, not because they were from Gopher fan's, but because the posters were making comments even though they weren't fully informed. No other team but Montreal could offer Danny a contract, unless he withdrew from school and became a free agent. The comment "I guess the pro interest wasn't there like expected" could not be further from the truth. Understand the process before you start posting about it