SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-13 Season

geaux_sioux

Remember we still are waiting on Parks to get 100% too.

I think we will see:

Knight with Kristo and MacMillan

Grimaldi with Caggiula and Parks

Rowney with Gaarder and St Clair

O'Donnell with Pattyn and Rodwell

From Hak's recent and past comments he seems to really like Drake, Rocco and Colton together. My guess would be Parks goes back to Rowney's line with Gaarder.

From Hak's recent and past comments he seems to really like Drake, Rocco and Colton together. My guess would be Parks goes back to Rowney's line with Gaarder.

In time that is going to be one of, if not, the top line in college hockey. Think what these guys will be like when they are juniors or senoirs. You would think no matter what they should be kept together for the future. Let them learn, grow , and meld together.
  • Upvote 1

I like those guys together too- I think that Parks could be the key player that could get Rowney going too...you need to have 3 scoring lines and an energy line...one would think that O'Donnell would be more of that third line scoring threat and Gaarder would move to the energy line with the General and Rodwell, but right now Gaarder is playing better than Brendan.

I know he really likes the combination of Pattyn-St. Clair-Rodwell. With a healthy Parks, that would be our energy line.

I like those guys together too- I think that Parks could be the key player that could get Rowney going too...you need to have 3 scoring lines and an energy line...one would think that O'Donnell would be more of that third line scoring threat and Gaarder would move to the energy line with the General and Rodwell, but right now Gaarder is playing better than Brendan.

Agree...Parks is the guy IMO to get Rowney going. Parks is a beast on the wall and in the corners. ODonnell has be a big disappointment to date and I agree he sits if Parks is healthy. St. Clair and Gaarder bring more to the table at this point and although Rodwell couldn't score on an open net his other attributes are too great to bench.

That gives me a little vindication when I wanted St. Clair's speed and work ethic in combination with Grimaldi's last year, and some felt that St. Clair would be struggling to even play. Hopefully Grimaldi sticks around and gives that line a chance to grow together for a while. Certainly we all know that with any team slump, changes will be made and that line combinations will be shuffled anyway. Who would have thought that when Parks gets back that he wouldn't automatically be playing with MacMillan and Rowney!

and i really thought that O'Donnell would be a machine this year and skating on the top line...

Possibly not even a regular after the break if everyone is healthy. Jim could see some time as well ad Bryn. Drake is the real deal and don't see him out of the lineup if healthy.

Mitch Macmillin is back jan 4/5 right? Add him into the mix. Jim and chyzk will be sitting many games and the if parks is back healthy add one more forward to that press box

Not so sure. If St. Clair can't match up skill wise on that line I think Chyzyk would get a shot.

Not so sure. If St. Clair can't match up skill wise on that line I think Chyzyk would get a shot.

Yes things could change no doubt but st Clair hasn't sat a game this year. I like him on 3rd or 4th line. St clair rodwell and the general are a tough trio to play against.

would love to see what Rocco Danny and Corban could do for a full 120 minutes! We saw small glimpses of it at beginning of season. This should be most electric series of the season in grand forks! Hope they come out flying and hitting like the mac truck Friday

and i really thought that O'Donnell would be a machine this year and skating on the top line...

No kidding, he has been a big disappointment. I thought he would be a 20 point player this year. I can't decide who is a bigger disappointment this year, him or Rowney.

No kidding, he has been a big disappointment. I thought he would be a 20 point player this year. I can't decide who is a bigger disappointment this year, him or Rowney.

I think there is a couple upperclassmen (Soph,Jr, Sr) who could look themselves in the mirror and say I have not pulled my weight. Those players need to be active participants and not bystanders any longer. Time to man up!

Does anyone know if the Student Section tickets for the Holy Cross series have opened up yet?? I am trying to buy tickets and so far my options are horrible. I don't know whether to just pull the trigger now or wait to see if the Student Section opens up closer to the series. I would appreciate any insight. Thanks.

Does anyone know if the Student Section tickets for the Holy Cross series have opened up yet?? I am trying to buy tickets and so far my options are horrible. I don't know whether to just pull the trigger now or wait to see if the Student Section opens up closer to the series. I would appreciate any insight. Thanks.

Student section tickets usually get released one month prior to the series.

Here's on thing to try:

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/group_claim_login.htmI?l=EN&logout=1&wnc=1&team=und&ID=6a09df8a3c1959620f116344174bfa37

Some regional businesses have an option open to get discount tickets for the Holy Cross series and they are vacated student tickets. You will need to build an account (FREE) but if you enter the promo 'GOUND' you wil fit into the discount. I believe tickets are $20 and each user can reserve up to 8.

I already picked some up via this tool in late October and I am in the lower bowl. Not sure what may still be out there.