SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Gophers

AZSIOUX

Mario's best game in a Sioux uniform? Uhh....well....best half game?

Were the gophers that good the first half of the game and the Sioux that bad? And likewise, were the gophers that bad when the Sioux were turning it on in the third period?

The Gophers were that good and the Sioux were equally that bad in the first 35 minutes of the game. In the 3rd period, the Gophers quit skating, started standing/watching in disbelief it seemed like as each goal went in.

The Gophers were that good and the Sioux were equally that bad in the first 35 minutes of the game. In the 3rd period, the Gophers quit skating, started standing/watching in disbelief it seemed like as each goal went in.

LaPanta was spot on when he said that Minnesota could have been up 6-0. 3-0 midway through the game was a helluva lot closer score than the game was at that time. The gophs found themselves some quicksand, and found it fast.

Wowzers, that was a hell of an effort from the Sioux in the 3rd period. I didn't see that coming at all after watching the first period and a half.

Gopher fans were saying that UND didn't have the depth to match UMN...but UND dominated in the 3rd, when they should have been tired.

Gopher fans were saying that UND only had one line that could score...but only two of the six goals were scored by the top line.

GPL has crashed from the fail.

And the unbelievable, but UND is now (for the time being) a #1 seed. Who saw that coming in Nov/Dec?? :)

Crazy. Now finish off the logo in style and kick some Pio butt tomorrow.

Right now we don't have the depth of Minnesota, but the Sioux certainly had the heart in the 3rd period. Maybe the Sioux were doing the rope a dope and saved their energy the first two periods to give an amazing effort in the third.

Wowzers, that was a hell of an effort from the Sioux in the 3rd period. I didn't see that coming at all after watching the first period and a half.

Gopher fans were saying that UND didn't have the depth to match UMN...but UND dominated in the 3rd, when they should have been tired.

Gopher fans were saying that UND only had one line that could score...but only two of the six goals were scored by the top line.

GPL has crashed from the fail.

And the unbelievable, but UND is now (for the time being) a #1 seed. Who saw that coming in Nov/Dec?? :)

Crazy. Now finish off the logo in style and kick some Pio butt tomorrow.

I never expected them to make the tournament other than winning the Broadmoor - now it looks like winning the Broadmoor is just icing on the cake - and a number 1 seed. Wow!

One of the highlights was watching the Gopher fans head for the exit when the score hit 6-3. It was incredible how fast they left with the game still in progress. Heck of a party going on in the Sioux tent at McGoverns Tavern right now. Sioux fans are whooping it up.

In all honesty, how can you explain a game like this? It defies description. For MN fans, this hit to their psyche has to rank right up there with the Holy Cross loss. This was simply a mammoth collapse on their part.

I just can't get over the fact we are doing this with only 17 skaters.

Lost:

Frattin

Gregoire

Marto

Genoway

LaPoint

Davidson

Malone

Trupp

Hextall

Grimaldi

O'Donnell

Rodwell

Dickin

Cichy

Hill

Bruneteau

St. Clair

Miller

...all since the same time last year. Hak & Co. have done an unbelievable job. Win or lose, this has been one heck of a great season for these guys. There are 18 guys on that list. That's more than the number of skaters we've had lately.

Where is that dip"@&$ buckysieve, what happened to the already crowned goofs?

You can have all the no meaning games you want! But a Sioux victory when it counts, awesome!!!

GO SIOUX!

Three Pete!!!!!!!!!!!

I would watch the arrogance, I remember when gopher fans were giving North Dakota fans what for after the Blake Wheeler goal that gave them the Final Five and seems to me they had their come uppance a week later when the Sioux ended their season in the regionals. I would doubly watch it since the Sioux may indeed have to play the gophers again at the "X" in a similar type situation, only they would basically have home ice.

While I'm still enjoying this win, I just wanted to mention that I absolutely hate Kevin Gorg. Thank god they stuck him between the 2 benches during the game so we didn't have to listen to his homer !@#$ too much. Casey Hankinson(sp?), who replaced him in the booth to provide color commentary was excellent. He was very fair and was complimentary of the Sioux even when they were down 3-0. He had a lot of respect for UND and he was a Minnesota player to boot.

Also enjoyed seeing fans of other teams cheering for the Sioux when they started the comeback. Sure people hate the Sioux but more people hate the Gophers.

• Upvote 1

Was it just me or did anyone notice our third line out there pretty often with Minnesota's top line? I know that Mario's first goal was against the top line, can't remember if his second was or not. Just seemed that everytime I saw Mario, Gleason, and Pattyn out there I also saw the UM topline.

Great win, great comeback, great story. This team has come so far since the beginning of the year it's hard to believe. Hakstol has done an outstanding job and his job security definitely should not be in question after this.

While I'm still enjoying this win, I just wanted to mention that I absolutely hate Kevin Gorg. Thank god they stuck him between the 2 benches during the game so we didn't have to listen to his homer !@#$ too much. Casey Hankinson(sp?), who replaced him in the booth to provide color commentary was excellent. He was very fair and was complimentary of the Sioux even when they were down 3-0. He had a lot of respect for UND and he was a Minnesota player to boot.

Also enjoyed seeing fans of other teams cheering for the Sioux when they started the comeback. Sure people hate the Sioux but more people hate the Gophers.

Playing against the Sioux for 4 years he knows what the game is. It's the same when Doug was in the booth a gopher guy but always respectable toward any of the wcha teams.

The only difference between the Gophers first period and our third period was Dell and Patterson. The 1st-Team All-WCHA goalie sieved it up and ours stood tall most of the time.

Bingo...Dell was clearly the difference as why UND was still in the game before Forbort scored. He was outstanding and I'm sure is overlooked as to how this game unfolded. It easily should of been 5-0 prior to Forbort's goal.

This team has more character than ANY Sioux team I've seen in 25 years. One can't quantify that and that's starts at the top with Hak. I think in some years he hasn't got the most out of his talent, but this year his leadership in undeniable.

One word IMO describes last night...amazing!

Ready to book my tickets back to the X next weekend after tonight! (I hope)