SiouxSports.com Forum

Seth Jones Watch

siouxnami

If he does committ to UND we would only have him for a year or two correct? In this article he says He wants to play in the NHL the first year he gets drafted.

He probably would only be here one year maybe two tops. I still think he is going to go the Everett route but I sure hope I am wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm weary about that, as the comment was from a fan of the WHL team that has his rights, but it's a legitimate fear.

Yeah but hasn't that kid come out and basically said that he is committed to playing at UND? I don't know we will see, they said the same thing about Toews as well.

Yeah but hasn't that kid come out and basically said that he is committed to playing at UND? I don't know we will see, they said the same thing about Toews as well.

I wasn't concerned until I saw he follows that WHL team on twitter.

Yeah, I creeped. Go ahead and judge me. :)

With koules lets not forget that his path has almost mirrored grimaldis. They were actually teamates on the LAHC Brick Team. There are highlights of them on you tube. Grimaldi is 23 and Koules is 21 i believe.

This might be a dumb question but i looked at seth's commitment and said he is uncommitted to a college....why are we taking about this kid if he is uncommited. Sorry if i am way out of the loop but i was wondering

This might be a dumb question but i looked at seth's commitment and said he is uncommitted to a college....why are we taking about this kid if he is uncommited. Sorry if i am way out of the loop but i was wondering

He is a huge prospect and he has cut his choices down to either UND or the WHL, he is supposed to be a for sure top 5 pick in the 2013 NHL draft.

He is a huge prospect and he has cut his choices down to either UND or the WHL, he is supposed to be a for sure top 5 pick in the 2013 NHL draft.

You can probably even find some people who say he could go 1 or 2 as well.

Schlossman blogged some interesting stats in regard to Everett's development of NHL players

UND recruiting target Seth Jones is in the Czech Republic right now, but will decide between the Everett Silvertips of the WHL or UND for next season sometime after he returns. In reading around on the Internet, many seem to think Everett is the destination because “it is the best route to the NHL.”

Then, I started researching Everett’s NHLers and was rather surprised to learn of the results.

Everett in NHL this year: 3 guys, 55 games, 7 goals, 18 points.

Essentially, all of Everett’s alums barely outproduced Matt Greene this season (82 games, 4 goals, 15 points).

Furthermore, I found that only one Silvertip has ever scored a goal in the NHL (Peter Mueller) and that every defenseman the Silvertips have ever produced have played a combined 9 NHL games (multiply that by 50 times and you still won’t reach Greene’s games played total).

The Silvertips have had some highly touted talent, too. Zach Hamill went No. 8 overall in 2007 draft and Kyle Beach went No. 11 overall in 2008 (both higher picks than anyone at UND in that span). Combined, they’ve played 37 fewer NHL games than Matt Frattin, who went 91 picks after Hamill and stayed in college four years.

Jones certainly may end up going to the Silvertips — but it won’t be because they have a better track record of producing NHLers than UND.