SiouxSports.com Forum

Seth Jones Watch

siouxnami

that's not just a college problem.... that's a life problem haha

Lol, can't argue with that. Country music, grilling, sports and beer is pretty much my life haha.

Most of my pay goes to supporting the above haha

Well, the US U-18s are in the gold medal game after defeating Canada 2-1 today in the semifinals. Jones with 2 assists.

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/292/IHM292227_74_3_0.pdf

I almost feel sorry for the lad.

Soon he's going from that pressure cooker back to the states and the pressure cooker of "what'd you decide?"

Man Seth is good. Getting him would be totally huge for UND but not counting on it. If he goes to UND many schools r going be saying. Damn I wish we had a chance at this kid. What ever happened to Seth's older brother and I believe he also has a younger brother that plays hockey? Come Seth choose The Sioux

Man Seth is good. Getting him would be totally huge for UND but not counting on it. If he goes to UND many schools r going be saying. Damn I wish we had a chance at this kid. What ever happened to Seth's older brother and I believe he also has a younger brother that plays hockey? Come Seth choose The Sioux

I would love if we could land Seth but I have a fishy feeling that he plans to go WHL because he will feel like it is the fastest path to the NHL.

When you r that good? does it really matter where u go

Just like Toews, Parise etc, Seth Jones could play in China and still be an extremely good player. It doesn't matter if he comes here or goes to Everett, he will make it to the NHL. It just comes down to where he wants to spend a year of his life, which is essentially his last year of non-professional life.

I see there is only kid on the USA team going for the gold not committed anywhere. What's the scoop on this kid? Andrew Copp

He was a mid season add last year. Apparently a really good football player also. So he has opportunities there too. But hockey's his first choice.

I don't understand the negativity, is this reverse psychology? We have a better league, program, history, facilities, nhl track record, alumni. He should pick UND.

It is totally reverse psychology. I would say our chances of landing him are better than 1%. If that was the case he would have never come on an official visit. We have just as good a chance as Everett and it really probably comes down to a few reasons why one way or the other.