SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. UNO

AZSIOUX

The officiating was fine. Some hard hitting both ways, but clean, including Kristo's hit. It did not favor UNO--that's just gotten to be a too familiar excuse with us Sioux fans. MacW should have been called for a minor seconds before he went down--the TV crew caught that.

Dell played very well, as did the D, generally. The forwards are backchecking now like they should, and that is a big difference over the early games. I was disappointed in the PP, though, not so much once it got set up, but getting there.

Our team lost a close one. Move on and win tonight.

The officiating was fine. Some hard hitting both ways, but clean, including Kristo's hit. It did not favor UNO--that's just gotten to be a too familiar excuse with us Sioux fans. MacW should have been called for a minor seconds before he went down--the TV crew caught that.

Dell played very well, as did the D, generally. The forwards are backchecking now like they should, and that is a big difference over the early games. I was disappointed in the PP, though, not so much once it got set up, but getting there.

Our team lost a close one. Move on and win tonight.

Agreed with all of the above. Officiating was fine in that they missed obvious calls both ways. Your Mac example is spot on...happened right in front of us.

Dell was great IMO...D was too minus the very last play when they got caught watching and hoping Knight would bury the winner. Mac can't fall asleep and be a spectator.

Once it hit OT I was just wanting a point with a tie. Didn't happen so got to get 2 points tonight.

Was very disappointed in UNO 1-2-2 trap style defensive play last night. Thought I was watching MTU or UAA play. Was expecting and hoping for more of a CC type game. Guess that's how Deano get gets more out of less??

Was very disappointed in UNO 1-2-2 trap style defensive play last night. Thought I was watching MTU or UAA play. Was expecting and hoping for more of a CC type game. Guess that's how Deano get gets more out of less??

Never thought I'd see a Blais team play that way; is that the way Omaha plays every game or just designed for the Sioux?

Actually, there were only 12 teams in the tournament, not 16. Odds aren't the same. It's a little tougher to get in the tournament, but easier to win it all, even if you still have to play 4 games.

I'm not trying to discredit Blais, I'm just trying to support Hakstol. What better option is out there that is a realistic candidate?

I meant same amount of teams in the country and one wins the championship - regardless of the tournament format there is still one national winner every year. The list of other teams that have gotten it done is revealing, and now includes Minnesota Duluth

• Upvote 1

To state the obvious . . . . Tonight's game is the last conference game until Minnesota comes to town in mid-January. A win will bring the boys back to .500 in the great WCHA. The House that Ralph Built should be packed and rocking. This is a big big game. It is against a rock solid program. The outcome will tell alot about what is likely to happen in the second half and the stretch run. Why does the hockey season seem to fly by some much faster than the off season?

Dell was great IMO...D was too minus the very last play when they got caught watching and hoping Knight would bury the winner. Mac can't fall asleep and be a spectator.

Not sure I would put it on Mac. It looked to me like the GWG was more of a freshman mistake by Mattson - looked like he got caught jumping into the play hunting for a juicy rebound at the wrong time and let Walters get up the wing behind him. I could be wrong, though, as I was in a bit of an irritated state while watching the replay! :lol:

Not sure I would put it on Mac. It looked to me like the GWG was more of a freshman mistake by Mattson - looked like he got caught jumping into the play hunting for a juicy rebound at the wrong time and let Walters get up the wing behind him. I could be wrong, though, as I was in a bit of an irritated state while watching the replay! :lol:

You're right about that. Mattson didn't see Walters sneak behind him and then Mattson followed the puck over to the left side. Mac had to race back and also get over from the left side and still almost caught Walters. The other UNO goal was also a result of a defensive breakdown as the goal scorer took advantage of Blood and Forbort not closing the gap quick enough. No need to despair - Dell was very good when he had to be and Gaarder responsed well to the challenge. Need to see some more big hits from everyone. UNO knows how to play the Sioux. Hard for Kristo and his line to carry the puck in when UNO lines up three across their blue line. Need to dump it in and hit their defence hard. Sioux will come out on fire tonight and as long as they stay out of the penalty box and get lots of pressure on UNO D-men we should be celebrating a win later tonight.

PEr twitter pictures lol. Social media is so bad

A couple underage UNO players hit up und's infamous underage bar last nite.

Including the one who scored the game winner.

Heard it was Tony Turgeon (he's 22) and Ryan Walters (turned 20 this year, apparently used Faulkner's ID)

With all the underage drinking that goes on at Judy's, how does that place still have a liquor license?

• Upvote 1

Heard it was Tony Turgeon (he's 22) and Ryan Walters (turned 20 this year, apparently used Faulkner's ID)

With all the underage drinking that goes on at Judy's, how does that place still have a liquor license?

I am surprised that someone didn't call the cops.

Exactly. I was wondering what the heck they were doing...wonder if they play all their games that way?

Losing Knight is a huge blow...especially with our already very depleted forward group.

Miller and St. Clair before the season, Grimaldi and O'Donnell, and now Lammy and Knight.

This team has had to overcome a ton of injuries in addition to the pre-season stuff with Miller and St. Clair.

Hopefully Knight's injury isn't long-term and he can play again in a couple weeks against Harvard...important non-conference games coming up with them and Clarkson.

Losing Knight is a huge blow...especially with our already very depleted forward group.

Miller and St. Clair before the season, Grimaldi and O'Donnell, and now Lammy and Knight.

This team has had to overcome a ton of injuries in addition to the pre-season stuff with Miller and St. Clair.

Hopefully Knight's injury isn't long-term and he can play again in a couple weeks against Harvard...important non-conference games coming up with them and Clarkson.

I think we can probably glean that per Brad's blog, Corban Knight will be out several weeks with a lower-body injury.

I am not good at Math but that should put him back for the Harvard series I would think? crosses fingers.

I think we can probably glean that per Brad's blog, Corban Knight will be out several weeks with a lower-body injury.

I am not good at Math but that should put him back for the Harvard series I would think? crosses fingers.

I think after Grimaldi's setback they won't be pushing Knight to start before he is ready. I say he is out 4-6 weeks.

Via Brad's Blog

UND’s lines

21 Brendan O’Donnell–29 Brock Nelson–7 Danny Kristo

9 Mario Lamoureux–27 Carter Rowney–15 Michael Parks

16 Mark MacMillan–13 Connor Gaarder–11 Derek Rodwell

8 Dan Senkbeil–28 Stephane Pattyn–20 Joe Gleason

4 Derek Forbort–24 Ben Blood

2 Andrew MacWilliam–5 Nick Mattson

18 Dillon Simpson–22 Andrew Panzarella

32 Aaron Dell

31 Brad Eidsness

35 Tate Maris

Omaha’s lines

17 Terry Broadhurst–11 Jayson Megna–15 Josh Archibald

19 Ryan Walters–12 Brock Montpetit–21 Matt White

23 Johnnie Searfoss–26 Alex Hudson–22 Andrew Schmit

14 Dominic Zombo–25 Brent Gwidt–10 Alex Simonson

7 Michael Young–24 Bryce Aneloski

8 Jaycob Megna–3 Andrej Sustr

4 Tony Turgeon–5 Kyle Ensign

31 Ryan Massa

29 Dayn Belfour

It seems to me that the last few years injuries have always been an issue. In previous "good" years I never remember all these guys getting bunged up. Yeah, I know you're going to say that's not a coincedence, but geez, it's really been prevelent in the last, what, 5 years.