SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. UNO

AZSIOUX

Dell was a stud all weekend.

Surprised at UNO's play in both games...clogging it up with a ton of the game being played in the neutral zone. Made for a lot of stoppages in play and not much flow.

I'm getting more and more impressed with Gaarder every time he plays. I like his style, plays with speed, isn't afraid to mix it up in the corners, and has good skill. He could be fun to watch develop over the next couple seasons.

Huge win over UNO to get back to .500 in league play before the Xmas break.

Now time to take it to Harvard and Clarkson before UMN comes to town!

I'm getting more and more impressed with Gaarder every time he plays. I like his style, plays with speed, isn't afraid to mix it up in the corners, and has good skill. He could be fun to watch develop over the next couple seasons.

Yes, I've been noticing his play too, though I only see him through TV, and that doesn't give the whole picture. What is his story?

Good win, Grasshopper.

Fitting Kristo gets the only goal. He was far and away the best skater on the ice last night and really the only guy from either team that was able to create his own offensive.

Boring hockey to watch with Deano's crew going MTU all weekend with the 1-2-2 trap.

Dell was brillant all weekend IMO.

I'll say it again, Gleason is just a hockey player. Kid can fly and is so useful at F or D. That 4th line only had 2 or 3 shifts in the 3rd, but their shift at about the 10 minute mark was one of the best shift's in the 3rd period by any line.

Gaarder IMO is a very poor man's version of Oshie with the way he plays. He is fast, plays physical...doesn't back down from getting hit and is looking to dish one out and he has some skill offensively. I really like that he plays both ends with a little bit of edge to him.

Last night's gritty, tough effort comes down to one guy...Mario. With Knight out, he suited up and was basically playing with one arm and at about 70% speed. He was a gamer last night.

This team, by winning 6 of 8, has set themselves up to control their own destiny in the 2nd half. Sweep Harvard and beat Kelly Clarkson...that's 9 of 11 with tDon and his girls coming to town. Get Rocco and Knight back and then this team could be salty come Feb. and March.

GO SIOUX!

GO PACK GO!

• Upvote 2

I thought they were playing a trap Friday, and then I thought, "You don't know enough about hockey to make that judgement." But the no flow games and the posters here are confirming that I was right, I guess.

You're correct, it was the NZT all weekend long... God awful hockey all weekend long. Nice to see the guy gut out a win on Saturday.

• Upvote 1

You're correct, it was the NZT all weekend long... God awful hockey all weekend long. Nice to see the guy gut out a win on Saturday.

I was bitching at my TV both nights because it was not very entertaining (especially for us). The 3rd period of Saturday was just fine, though.

Fitting Kristo gets the only goal. He was far and away the best skater on the ice last night and really the only guy from either team that was able to create his own offensive.

Boring hockey to watch with Deano's crew going MTU all weekend with the 1-2-2 trap.

Dell was brillant all weekend IMO.

I'll say it again, Gleason is just a hockey player. Kid can fly and is so useful at F or D. That 4th line only had 2 or 3 shifts in the 3rd, but their shift at about the 10 minute mark was one of the best shift's in the 3rd period by any line.

Gaarder IMO is a very poor man's version of Oshie with the way he plays. He is fast, plays physical...doesn't back down from getting hit and is looking to dish one out and he has some skill offensively. I really like that he plays both ends with a little bit of edge to him.

Last night's gritty, tough effort comes down to one guy...Mario. With Knight out, he suited up and was basically playing with one arm and at about 70% speed. He was a gamer last night.

This team, by winning 6 of 8, has set themselves up to control their own destiny in the 2nd half. Sweep Harvard and beat Kelly Clarkson...that's 9 of 11 with tDon and his girls coming to town. Get Rocco and Knight back and then this team could be salty come Feb. and March.

GO SIOUX!

GO PACK GO!

Good post ('cept for the Go Pack Go :) ). Did I read sometime back that Gaarder is a walkon and not on scholarship?