SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. UNO

AZSIOUX

If Omaha has multiple people in the penalty box, does the second to last one out have to call ... UNO! ... before going back onto the ice?

I think they should have to, and if they forget they should have to put two more guys back in the box.

• Upvote 3

I am very excited to be making my first trip back to the Ralph since the 2008-2009 season :) I am not sure that I have seen UNO play, at all... either on tv or in person. Can someone tell me what their style of play is? Are they the dump and chase and trap kind like UAA/Tech, or are they the high flying speed kind like CC? I would guess with Blais as the coach they'd be more high paced, high scoring...

I am very excited to be making my first trip back to the Ralph since the 2008-2009 season :) I am not sure that I have seen UNO play, at all... either on tv or in person. Can someone tell me what their style of play is? Are they the dump and chase and trap kind like UAA/Tech, or are they the high flying speed kind like CC? I would guess with Blais as the coach they'd be more high paced, high scoring...

More comparable to CC. Maybe with better defense though.

I saw them play st cloud at the crete center two years ago and remeber thinking they looked a lot like the Sioux. Puck possession, cycling ...

I just scored some tickets for Saturday nights game and will be driving to Grand Forks Saturday. The last time I came up I stayed in East Grand and took Whiteys bus to and from the games. I heard Whiteys closed/opened. Is Whiteys open? If so, do they run a bus? If not, does anyone know of another place that runs a bus and has a hotel nearby? I prefer not having to drive if its an option.

I just scored some tickets for Saturday nights game and will be driving to Grand Forks Saturday. The last time I came up I stayed in East Grand and took Whiteys bus to and from the games. I heard Whiteys closed/opened. Is Whiteys open? If so, do they run a bus? If not, does anyone know of another place that runs a bus and has a hotel nearby? I prefer not having to drive if its an option.

I know Whitey's is open, but don't know if they run a bus like they used to.

When i called them in October, they said they did NOT have a bus, and they were on the waiting list to get one. I'd call em.

When i called them in October, they said they did NOT have a bus, and they were on the waiting list to get one. I'd call em.

God, for those of us who have been gone for a long time, places like Whitey's, Frenchy's, Red Pepper, and the Westward Ho sure bring back great hockey memories. Alcohol impaired hockey memories.

I called Whiteys and the guy who answered the phone did not know if they ran a bus. He told me to call back tomorow. That did not inspire any optimism in me. The Red Pepper is definitely going to be on my list. I guess I could just use a cab. I know the El Rocco runs a bus.

The Speedway has a bus; several motels within walking distance, Ramada, Super 8, Econologe

I'm wondering what the effect of this being UNO's last games before the Christmas break will have on the team either positively or negatively. I know as a college kid sometimes they are thinking about getting home to see family after a rigorous first semester. In years past UND has had some lethargic efforts against non-conference opponents and the US under 18's in the same situation. Their minds are on the break and some down time not on the games at hand.

Buffalo Wild Wings has a free bus that leaves 30 minutes before the game. Rumors is a fun time, I think you get a ticket for the bus when you buy 2 for 1 and you can have booze on the bus. BWW you cannot.

I'm wondering what the effect of this being UNO's last games before the Christmas break will have on the team either positively or negatively. I know as a college kid sometimes they are thinking about getting home to see family after a rigorous first semester. In years past UND has had some lethargic efforts against non-conference opponents and the US under 18's in the same situation. Their minds are on the break and some down time not on the games at hand.

I'm guessing that Blais will have them ready to play, and if they aren't on Friday, you can bet that Blais will impart the importance of staying ahead of the Sioux on Saturday in a way that will be unmistakeable. Also, I'm sure the players with parents that played at UND will want to put on a show.