SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. UNO

AZSIOUX

Was at the game and was pretty good game despite the low score. UNO's first goal was so flukey that it hurts. Just took a real odd bounce and ended up behind Dell, otherwise he was spectacular and easily the best player on the ice. UND had several good chances to score and simply couldn't find the back of the net.

The officiating, wow...I've come to expect bad officiating in the WCHA but that was pretty bad. UNO started head-hunting on Kristo and nothing was called. MacWilliams gets taken down in front of his own net and nothing called. They sure as hell swallowed their whistles and it was predominantly in UNO's favor.

It was a hard fought game and got pretty chippy at one point. Wouldn't doubt there is a fight tomorrow night.

One last thing, anyone else notice that Dickin got a lot of playing time in the 3rd period being put on the first line with Kristo/Nelson, as well as getting time shuffled on with MacMillian and O'Donnell?

Was at the game and was pretty good game despite the low score. UNO's first goal was so flukey that it hurts. Just took a real odd bounce and ended up behind Dell, otherwise he was spectacular and easily the best player on the ice. UND had several good chances to score and simply couldn't find the back of the net.

The officiating, wow...I've come to expect bad officiating in the WCHA but that was pretty bad. UNO started head-hunting on Kristo and nothing was called. MacWilliams gets taken down in front of his own net and nothing called. They sure as hell swallowed their whistles and it was predominantly in UNO's favor.

It was a hard fought game and got pretty chippy at one point. Wouldn't doubt there is a fight tomorrow night.

One last thing, anyone else notice that Dickin got a lot of playing time in the 3rd period being put on the first line with Kristo/Nelson, as well as getting time shuffled on with MacMillian and O'Donnell?

If you mean that UNO headhunted Kristo and we didn't do much about it, I agree - we can't always wait for the refs

If anyone thinks the mavs are less talented... they were not at the game tonight....watched it on tv or saw the stat where they have outshot their opponents by more than 12 shots per game. fact is that they made one more play than the sioux. If knight buries his rebound chance before uno's game winner we're talking about a 5 game winning streak.

Dean Blais is a better coach than Hak, but Hak is still a good coach. There's a reason Blais keeps getting chosen to coach the WJC team, and there's a reason when he coached last they won gold. Blais is probably an all time great in college coaching

If Blais actually is better than Hak, what's UND supposed to do about it? Blais left UND, UND didn't fire him. Who's out there that will bring more success than Hakstol has? You can probably only count on one hand the number colleges that wouldn't want a Dave Hakstol as their coach.

At some point, the players have to win the game, the coaches can only do so much.

• Upvote 4

You also have to remember that Dean Blais has never won a title in the current NCAA playoff format.

What about UNO's losses to: Colgate, UAF, UAA, and Alabama-Huntsville?

Format, Format, blah, blah, blah - there are the same amount of teams and 1 wins the championship

The odds are the same- Please let's stop using this as an excuse

You also have to remember that Dean Blais has never won a title in the current NCAA playoff format.

What about UNO's losses to: Colgate, UAF, UAA, and Alabama-Huntsville?

Good points, tonight was a good game, it was a hard fought entertaining game. I expect a different result tomorrow.

Dean Blais is a better coach than Hak, but Hak is still a good coach. There's a reason Blais keeps getting chosen to coach the WJC team, and there's a reason when he coached last they won gold. Blais is probably an all time great in college coaching

All true, but to be fair to Hak he has been approached about coaching Canada's WJC team despite Hockey Canada's complete bias for CHL guys

Format, Format, blah, blah, blah - there are the same amount of teams and 1 wins the championship

The odds are the same- Please let's stop using this as an excuse

Actually, there were only 12 teams in the tournament, not 16. Odds aren't the same. It's a little tougher to get in the tournament, but easier to win it all, even if you still have to play 4 games.

I'm not trying to discredit Blais, I'm just trying to support Hakstol. What better option is out there that is a realistic candidate?

Hak takes over the top program in the country which has just moved into the best arena in the country

Blais takes over a start up program

He's in our building kicking our ass - do the math

Haha. The "bring Dean back" crew will always make me laugh.

I don't recall seeing an "ass kicking" tonight...a 2-1 OT loss is hardly that.

I'm not trying to discredit Blais, I'm just trying to support Hakstol. What better option is out there that is a realistic candidate?

1. Those posters will never support Hakstol until he wins a national title.

2. The only possible replacement candidate to them is Dean Blais. UND will never win another national title unless Blais is back at the helm.

:lol: