SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 early look

UND92,96

Mussman seems to not abuse twitter so when he speaks using that medium it must be something important and the suspense is killing me (that and being bored in the office on a Monday). I am hoping for the IPF announcement but not holding my breath either.

If it is the remodeling of the locker rooms at Memorial Stadium it must mean that the Indoor practice facility is way on the back burner. The reason I say that is I thought new offices and locker rooms were going to be in the new practice facility. Am I wrong on that? I am sure they wouldn't put money into Memorial Stadium if the big project was close to happening.

If it is the remodeling of the locker rooms at Memorial Stadium it must mean that the Indoor practice facility is way on the back burner. The reason I say that is I thought new offices and locker rooms were going to be in the new practice facility. Am I wrong on that? I am sure they wouldn't put money into Memorial Stadium if the big project was close to happening.

That stuff is easily relocated to the facility once it's built. Memorial in the mean time needs a face lift and is getting it.

Not sure what the announcement will be. Kelly promised some of the FB recruits we would be breaking ground on the practice facility this year. Altru is supposedly finalizing some sort of donation but I don't know what it is for. That is long past due and in my opinion anything less than $10,000,000 isn't enough. They apparently raised enough fuss to convince Kelly and Wynne to decline the $10,000,000 Sanford donation which would have gotten phase started.

Spring prospectus/roster: https://www.nmnathle...DB_OEM_ID=13500

I'm excited spring ball is here. After looking at the roster and depth chart a couple thoughts:

- this year its important to get a couple of the 2's to step up on the d-line. we lose some good seniors there and its an important position.

- the o-line is set for the next few years. The coaches have done a great job building depth there and its no wonder we only brought in 1. Looking at that depth chart and it seems there are about 8 or 9 with starting experience.

- safety will be a question mark this year. Wide open competition.

- I'm really liking our skill guys on offense. A lot of talent and a lot of youth.

- No listing for Belmore's replacement. Luke is listed as the WR coach which I'm sure has WR's and TE's.

Spring prospectus/roster: https://www.nmnathle...DB_OEM_ID=13500

After a quick glance through, the names that seem to be missing that were on last year roster are Javen Butler (DB), Payton DeCoteau (RB), Derrick Dulaney (LB) and Ekenna Anya-Gafu (DL). All four were either Freshman or Red-Shirt Freshman last year. I believe that is was known a while ago one or two of these players were not going to be back, not sure if anyone has any more info than that.

I would guess DeCoteau realized he wouldn't a great deal of playing time. I hadn't heard anything about Dulaney and, as you noted, we knew Butler and Anya-Gafu weren't going to be with the team.

Some newcomers that I wasn't aware of:

Jordan Christianson, a punter from Hurst, TX

Jay Daggett, a WR from Naples, FL

William James, a DB from Sweden (interesting!)

Bobby Gutierrez, a PK from Gainesville, TX (he is listed as a freshman but he apparently was at Northland CC)

Pat Brown, a WR from North Pole, Alaska (also interesting!)

T.J. Draeger, WR from Fargo North

Marcus Laverdure, DL from Belcourt

Some of these guys are listed as redshirt freshmen so I don't know if they just showed up on campus between semesters are if they were with the team last fall but not on the roster.

Some notable changes in size (wt) from last year's fall roster:

WR Ivery +13 to 169 (added weight/strength some help)

RB Garman + 7 to 177 (same as above)

TE Nichols +20 to 245 (he is now TE size - I expect him to have a good year)

DL Jay Nelson -13 to 245 (hopefully, a better playing weight for him)

LB Bennett +16 to 234

OL Hellman +42 to 302 (the Red River product must have been busy pumping weight and eating)

OL Meehan +16 to 306

OL Gillson +27 to 342

DL Henson +12 to 298

OL Windfeldt -14 to 296

OL Hoplin +20 to 265 (another RR product gaining some serious size)

OL Deneui +11 to 304

WR Jackson +23 to 233 (he should be tough to bring down)

WR Young +13 to 198

DL Cummings +29 to 283

TE Adler +22 to 237

DL Woodsmill +19 to 234

DL Brenneman +12 to 266

I'm excited spring ball is here. After looking at the roster and depth chart a couple thoughts:

- this year its important to get a couple of the 2's to step up on the d-line. we lose some good seniors there and its an important position.

- the o-line is set for the next few years. The coaches have done a great job building depth there and its no wonder we only brought in 1. Looking at that depth chart and it seems there are about 8 or 9 with starting experience.

- safety will be a question mark this year. Wide open competition.

- I'm really liking our skill guys on offense. A lot of talent and a lot of youth.

- No listing for Belmore's replacement. Luke is listed as the WR coach which I'm sure has WR's and TE's.

It's interesting to me that out of the DB positions, a RFR is listed as a backup to three of the four positions. Additionally, I see Dwayne Brown is not going to compete in Spring due to injuries. My understanding is that he was close to having his RS pulled last year, so I wonder if he'll at least backup (or maybe even start over) Mackey when the year gets going.

Looking at the depth chart, it looks like we do have some pretty good talent, with the main question marks being QB and DB. If we can get solid play in both of these positions, UND may make some noise this year. I have heard from a former UND QB that Hansen sounds like the real deal, so maybe the QB position will be a strength this year.

I would guess DeCoteau realized he wouldn't a great deal of playing time. I hadn't heard anything about Dulaney and, as you noted, we knew Butler and Anya-Gafu weren't going to be with the team.

Bobby Gutierrez, a PK from Gainesville, TX (he is listed as a freshman but he apparently was at Northland CC)

Some of these guys are listed as redshirt freshmen so I don't know if they just showed up on campus between semesters are if they were with the team last fall but not on the roster.

LB Bennett +16 to 234

OL Hellman +42 to 302 (the Red River product must have been busy pumping weight and eating)

OL Meehan +16 to 306

OL Gillson +27 to 342

DL Henson +12 to 298

OL Windfeldt -14 to 296

OL Deneui +11 to 304

WR Young +13 to 198

DL Cummings +29 to 283

TE Adler +22 to 237

DL Woodsmill +19 to 234

DL Brenneman +12 to 266

I played with Bobby Gutierrez at Northland and he went to high school at Crookston. He played 2 years at Northland, but his last season was 2010-2011 season so not sure why he wouldn't have walked on in the fall. I really wasn't to impressed with him, we often had to go for 2 pt conversions and only kicked 2 or 3 field goals all inside of 30 yards because he wasn't very consistent. I would say maybe he would be a kickoff guy only because he had a decent leg, but then again during one of the games later in the season we had to have someone else attempt an onside kick late in the game because he said he was too cold. :lol:

LB Bennett +16 to 234

OL Meehan +16 to 306

OL Gillson +27 to 342

DL Henson +12 to 298

OL Windfeldt -14 to 296

OL Deneui +11 to 304

WR Young +13 to 198

DL Cummings +29 to 283

TE Adler +22 to 237

DL Woodsmill +19 to 234

DL Brenneman +12 to 266

I now see that Draeger, Pat Brown and Laverdure were listed as redshirts. Also, Adler is listed as a TE but is the No. 2 FB.

It's exciting to see what we have returning/coming up at the skill positions, potentially including the quarterback position. But what really excites me is the experience and depth that we have returning in the offensive line, which should enable the players at the skill positions to effectively do their thing. We could potentially have a fairly high-scoring, if not explosive, offense this season, which, in turn, could keep our defense off the field much more than last season.

Not sure what the announcement will be. Kelly promised some of the FB recruits we would be breaking ground on the practice facility this year. Altru is supposedly finalizing some sort of donation but I don't know what it is for. That is long past due and in my opinion anything less than $10,000,000 isn't enough. They apparently raised enough fuss to convince Kelly and Wynne to decline the $10,000,000 Sanford donation which would have gotten phase started.

What eff you see kayed it all up was when Altru bought the doctors. rom what ive heard it was ready to be annoucned then altru stepped in and bought the doctors hospital. now altru is chas strapped and trying to raise money via bonds.

What eff you see kayed it all up was when Altru bought the doctors. rom what ive heard it was ready to be annoucned then altru stepped in and bought the doctors hospital. now altru is chas strapped and trying to raise money via bonds.

That may have been the most difficult posts that I've read. It'd be nice if you could translate for me.

oh bud. what messed it up was when altru bouth the doctors. from what ive heard it was ready to be annoucned then altru stepped in and bought the doctors. now altru is cash staped and trying to raise money via bonds...

u must not be from/live in grrand forks

altru is the citys hospital

bonds is a way of raising money through the public