SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 early look

UND92,96

oh bud. what f u c k ed it up was when altru bouth the doctors. from what ive heard it was ready to be annoucned then altru stepped in and bought the doctors. now altru is cash staped and trying to raise money via bonds...

u must not be from/live in grrand forks

altru is the citys hospital

bonds is a way of raising money through the public

I just don't think he is bilingual.

I like the size and the experience of the offensive line. It all starts in the trenches.

Skill positions look great.

Improved quarterback play and defensive backfield play would make a world of difference. Improvement in those two areas could make a good team into a great team.

I believe everything is in place for the QB position to improve next season, regardless of who is taking snaps. The secondary is a much bigger issue in my mind.....................

The whole IPF is starting to look the same as the 30,000 seat retractable roof stadium on UND's campus.

They are working on getting everything out of the old Ralph. The department that uses the entry addition is waiting for their new space to be remodeled. The building should be empty by summer at the latest. The building will probably come down this summer.

They are working on getting everything out of the old Ralph. The department that uses the entry addition is waiting for their new space to be remodeled. The building should be empty by summer at the latest. The building will probably come down this summer.

By everything do you mean the lead based paint, asbestos, and Jimmy Hoffa?

• Upvote 1

By everything do you mean the lead based paint, asbestos, and Jimmy Hoffa?

They have been storing things in the arena. I think that most of it is gone. The department that is located there is preparing to pack up as soon as their new space is ready. Anything actually part of the building like paint, asbestos, and Hoffa won't be removed until the department gets moved. They didn't have a date the last I heard, the new space needed more work than was originally planned.

Been attending spring practices for a few minutes after i get off work. Highlights from today included an awesome one-handed outstretched snag by sophomore Taylor Grant. Braden Hanson either led Grant too much or he was trying to put the ball where only the receiver could get it. Hanson hit Grant on about a 25-yard out pattern. Grant calmly reached out and snatched it with his finger tips. He did this while being defended in drills and not just during some solo route running exercise. Impressive!

Been attending spring practices for a few minutes after i get off work. Highlights from today included an awesome one-handed outstretched snag by sophomore Taylor Grant. Braden Hanson either led Grant too much or he was trying to put the ball where only the receiver could get it. Hanson hit Grant on about a 25-yard out pattern. Grant calmly reached out and snatched it with his finger tips. He did this while being defended in drills and not just during some solo route running exercise. Impressive!

Any News on how Braden Hanson has looked so far?

Thanks for the insight - keep it coming!

• 4 weeks later...

After watching the spring game, I am definitely really excited to see this team! The wide receivers have me really excited and I can't wait to see more of Jer Garman. Joey Bradley looked good during the game but I would still rather see Braden Hanson be the starter.

Two things stood out at the spring game that have me very excited for this season and the seasons to follow.

First, quarterback play.

The difference in Joey Bradley from last season to yesterday is night and day. Last season Joey looked absolutely dreadful and balls weren't going anywhere near where they needed to be. He made some throws yesterday that I never imagined he could make after watching him last year. The first deep ball to Hardin could not have been put in a better place and it was made 40 yards down the field. Then the throw he made on Hardin's toe dragging catch on the sideline was one of those "where only your guy can get it" throws. Joey will likely be the backup as a junior but I have infinitely more confidence in him today than I did on Saturday morning. You still have to believe that Braden will get the starting nod, but Joey will at least make it a difficult decision for Mussman and the coaching staff.

Second, holy s*$t for wide receiver depth!

We've seen two season's worth of what Greg Hardin can do and he showed it yet again yesterday with some impressive catches. RJ looked very solid making every catch he needed to all over the field and it looks like he'll build on the success he had last year. Blair Townsend made a series of catches near the end of the game that ended with the great one handed touchdown catch. It was a pleasant surprise to see him make an impact. His size at 6-3 and good hands should make him a matchup issue. Those three guys will be juniors.

Tyrhe Ivery didn't play yesterday but was pretty solid when Hardin was out last season. He'll be just a sophomore next year.

One of the guys I was really excited to see was Jameer Jackson. He wasn't a standout but he showed me exactly why I'm excited about his potential. You just don't see receivers with his kind of size very often. He's going to be very hard to bring down when he gets his hands on a ball and I could see him being a force on 3rd and 6 or 7 type situations when you have to fight to get to the sticks. This will be his freshman season.

Wide receiver might currently be our best position group and NONE of them will be seniors. As a group, these guys are very versatile and the possibilities are endless in terms of what we'll be able to do with our passing game. I have visions of matchup problems dancing in my head.

Watching our passing game the last few years has been very frustrating. It looks like those days are over. If nothing else, this team will be very fun to watch in our first season in the Big Sky.

I was excited going into the spring game yesterday and left ecstatic.

Braden Hanson had zero time for most of the game thanks to patchy OL but was still 5 of 6 with very nice catchable throws. Bradley has improved a bunch and has gotten stronger although you'd like to see higher completion percentage than 12 of 24 in a spring game. Hendrickson made some serious plays, he had some lazers and some nice deeper throws and showed his speed.

The receivers made our poor DBs look terrible. Townsend looks like his ankle is coming around which is great since last year you could tell he wasn't 100% explosive on his cuts and running ability. Hardin was Hardin. McGill looked quicker. Jackson didn't get much oportunity but did have that nice catch where he made 3 people miss and then ran over a safety for extra yards. At 240 what DB will want to cover and/or tackle him?

I would have liked to have seen more PJ Sparks, 1 carry was a bit of a slap to the face.

Im very pumped to see the D next year. With two big time LBs not playing the D still looked good for the most part. Holes in the secandary were more apparent with the units split between teams.

Next year I'm expecting a playoff run and contention for a Big Sky crown. And I'd love to meet up with NDSU in the playoffs I refresh their memories a bit of what we're all about.

Gotta agree but at the same time there simply was not a lot of running in the spring game. You could see the coaches wanted to evaluate the QB position and so just about every play was a pass it seemed.

I know Bradley had over 200 yards and 2 tds but I was still impressed with what Hansen was able to do on only 6 passes considering his protection was terrible for the most part. With all day to throw Bradley was still only 50% which isn't very good for a scrimmage, although he did have some dimes.