SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 early look

UND92,96

I've been so busy at work I haven't had much time to be on the internet. Could people post links to articles about camp when they come across them? I'd really appreciate it.

When you come to Sioux Sports, do you come straight to the forums page? On the main page, there is a list of articles with links that might help you catch up on any articles or features you may have missed. I use it frequently because sometimes links get lost in threads and it is more of a one stop shop for me. If you already knew about that feature of Sioux Sports or just prefer for the articles to be linked in the thread, my apologies.

From GF Herald article this morning:

“We’ll see great skill kids in the Big Sky,” Mannausau said. “We just can’t give up big plays. We also need to be good in underneath coverage, challenging those routes. We can’t let athletic kids run free down the field on us.”

Mannausau said the team’s tweaked its approach in the secondary.

“We’re letting them be more aggressive,” he said, “and we’re seeing improvements every day.”

I have been waiting to hear something like this for a while because I am not a fan of corners playing 12 yards off the ball. It really sounds like they are playing to win, rather than playing to not get beat. Good sign IMO.

• Upvote 1

Amazing. Phenomenal.

Kudos to the people responsible for this production in the athletic department. What a great job.

Might not hurt for us to all email Brian Faison and let him know our thoughts on this. I'm sure he'd love to hear something by email on the positive side of things.

Since the jersey conversation has drifted over here... I'm 95% sure we will see black jersey's before the Montana game. UND doesn't have the budget for alternate jersey games like you see at the Bowl Championship level. The jerseys are simply delayed in arrival so likely won't be on display until the 2nd or 3rd game. With the distaste for the current uni's - they will wear the new ones as soon as they get in.

Since the jersey conversation has drifted over here... I'm 95% sure we will see black jersey's before the Montana game. UND doesn't have the budget for alternate jersey games like you see at the Bowl Championship level. The jerseys are simply delayed in arrival so likely won't be on display until the 2nd or 3rd game. With the distaste for the current uni's - they will wear the new ones as soon as they get in.

I agree we obviously don't have the budget of FBS programs, but Montana, Montana St., and Eastern Washington, among others FCS programs, all have alternate jerseys. No big deal, we will have one now too.

Well the money for the jerseys was supposedly donated specifically for the jerseys by Chris Kuper. I think the first time we will see them on the field will be the Montana game and then some more important games.

I could be wrong... that's just my guess. They have adjusted the helmet color to better match the green, eliminating that problem with the green ones. We'll see.

Yeah, I think the green jerseys will look alot better now since the helmets match. With that the case, they should be alright to keep wearing them.

Well the money for the jerseys was supposedly donated specifically for the jerseys by Chris Kuper. I think the first time we will see them on the field will be the Montana game and then some more important games.

The Montana game is the 5th of 6 home games so I think they will save them for that game only. (Or potentially playoffs if we make it). Then maybe next season use them more often.

Very good video. The more the athletic department promotes the fb program like this the better. The more people get to know the athletes and see how things work behind the scene the more likely they are to become bigger fans. Stuff like this will help get the casual fans to jump on board.

Also, the brighter green helmets looked really good in the video. I can't wait to see them in person!

• Upvote 3

Mike Edwards was the star of the show today in the live session. The last three plays all ended with Mr Edwards having a tackle for loss after man handling the center and guard, the last being a sack. Granted these were at the end when mostly freshman were in. It was still massively impressive and showed that he is more than just a normal freshman.

Mitch Sutton also pounded the rock and was impissible to bring down.

Will Rattell had some nice tackles.

Overall the defense had a huge advantage against the offense with their familiarity with the plays and had the better day by far.

• Upvote 3

2012 Big Sky position rankings: Wide receivers

8. GREG HARDIN, JR., NORTH DAKOTA 2011: 43 rec, 549 yds, 3 TD, 12.8 avg. THE BUZZ FOR 2012: Hardin was a first-team All-Great West Conference selection as a sophomore. He was leading the team in virtually every receiving category before an injury put him out for the final two games of the year. In the three games before that, though, Hardin combined to catch 23 passes for 295 yards. So Hardin comes into 2012 on a solid run.

EWU has 3 in the top 10

“During the summer, the coaches would text me and ask how summer is going,” receiver R.J. McGill said. “I would text them back and ask them if they are pushing to throw more. We’re going to need to do that in the Big Sky. Teams know we can run. We’ll still be able to run, but it will help out our running game so much more if we’re able to pass. I really believe we can."

From the Herald.

My iPhone don't show the quote box option when replying.

“During the summer, the coaches would text me and ask how summer is going,” receiver R.J. McGill said. “I would text them back and ask them if they are pushing to throw more. We’re going to need to do that in the Big Sky. Teams know we can run. We’ll still be able to run, but it will help out our running game so much more if we’re able to pass. I really believe we can."

From the Herald.

My iPhone don't show the quote box option when replying.

We beat MSU with something like 5 completions. Sometimes you don't need to be able to throw Mr. McGill ;)

He is right though, need to have some threat to throw in order to win.