SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Hockey Scores and Updates (Non-Sioux)

brianvf

Games are on Thursday. And as Brad Schlossman said (paraphrase) 'JV game at 4; varsity at 7'.

I think Schlossman might be eating his words on that. ANYTHING is possible in the playoffs in this sport. There are really no "bad" teams in college hockey anymore; everyone has some talent. I gave up trying to predict what would happen a long time ago because I would end up eating my words.

I think Schlossman might be eating his words on that. ANYTHING is possible in the playoffs in this sport. There are really no "bad" teams in college hockey anymore; everyone has some talent. I gave up trying to predict what would happen a long time ago because I would end up eating my words.

Actually what one could say, if you want to fall asleep and take an afternoon name watch the first game between FSU and Union. That's going to be a snooze feast.

Actually what one could say, if you want to fall asleep and take an afternoon name watch the first game between FSU and Union. That's going to be a snooze feast.

Remember back in 2000, Boston College faced St. Lawerence in the Frozen Four semifinal in Providence, RI while we faced Maine in the other semifinal. Our game was expected to be close, which it was. But the other semifinal, held in the evening, was also close, which was a bit of a surprise for most people. St. Lawerence, a member of the EZAC, pushed the Eagles to the limit. The lesson here is this: Do not underestimate ANYBODY in April. These teams are here because they earned the right to be here.

I see no reason why this has to be a snooze fest. Even if neither team is as good as BC or MN, they must be 2 pretty decent teams to reach the Frozen Four, and therefore have a chance to give the fans a fun game to watch. Personally, I wish I had the time to watch, snooze fest or not.

I see no reason why this has to be a snooze fest. Even if neither team is as good as BC or MN, they must be 2 pretty decent teams to reach the Frozen Four, and therefore have a chance to give the fans a fun game to watch. Personally, I wish I had the time to watch, snooze fest or not.

They are both good teams. They won the CCHA and ECAC for the regular season. You don't win that many games and not be a pretty good team.

I see one reason for a snooze fest.

Can you say TRAP?

Ferris, I'm looking at you.

I see one reason for a snooze fest.

Can you say TRAP?

Ferris, I'm looking at you.

I guess it's fitting that we have a team playing the trap in St. Pete Times Forum this weekend. Following suit of the regular team that plays in the building. *Cough* Lightning *Cough*

I would love to see Union do this :lol:

I think the first game is going to have horrible ratings. Just my humble opinion.

I guess it's fitting that we have a team playing the trap in St. Pete Times Forum this weekend. Following suit of the regular team that plays in the building. *Cough* Lightning *Cough*

I would love to see Union do this :lol:

That is funny but that is pretty much the truth, I don't know why anyone would want to watch that kind of hockey. Boring. Seriously from what I have seen this season, this is like watching FSU play 1-3-1 trap. I am going to watch it but I might end up taking a nap tomorrow during the game.

That is funny but that is pretty much the truth, I don't know why anyone would want to watch that kind of hockey. Boring. Seriously from what I have seen this season, this is like watching FSU play 1-3-1 trap. I am going to watch it but I might end up taking a nap tomorrow during the game.

I'll be grilling L&M brats and playing beer darts in my backyard during the first game

I'll be grilling L&M brats and playing beer darts in my backyard during the first game

I will be at Walmart after working getting something to grill and then happy harry's to get a beverage that meets my liking. I will be drinking a Bud Light Lime in Adam's honor aka BigHG

if whoever the winner is between bc and the gophs doesn't win the title it will be a considered a HUGE upset as neither union or ferris are of of the caliber of those two teams.

one of them is a #1 seed and the other won the CCHA. the gophers are the lowest seed in the frozen four and from that perspective any gopher win over any of the three is an upset. unless i am missing something?