SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Hockey Scores and Updates (Non-Sioux)

brianvf

... and we lament not getting it done when we have high-end talent, can you imagine not making the Final Five with a first line and goaltender like CC has?

No doubt. Before the season began, I seriously thought that CC was a contender for the WCHA title (and a good shot at a national title). For them not even to make the F5, let alone the national tourney is crazy.

No doubt. Before the season began, I seriously thought that CC was a contender for the WCHA title (and a good shot at a national title). For them not even to make the F5, let alone the national tourney is crazy.

If CC's athletic department had any budget at all, you would have to think Scott Owens would be on the hot seat. I also think Dick Umile might be shown the Gasparini/Woog/Sauer ticket to the door after UNH's disastrous season.

If CC's athletic department had any budget at all, you would have to think Scott Owens would be on the hot seat. I also think Dick Umile might be shown the Gasparini/Woog/Sauer ticket to the door after UNH's disastrous season.

I've always liked Umile and have always hoped he would win the NCAA title at some point but thats looking less land less likely. He's had some great teams over the years just could never get it done.

They had a tee time that conflicted with the Final Five.

Hate when that happens!

I don't see how this is possible or how accurate Roman/Charley Walters are, but I'm still extremely skeptical of this report.

"Even though the Florida Panthers want to sign the Gophers' Nick Bjugstad, a former first-round draft pick, it appears the former Mr. Hockey from Blaine will remain for his junior season at Minnesota. Bjugstad, 19, accelerated graduation in high school. Otherwise, he would be a true freshman at Minnesota this season."

http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_20121512/shooter-now-peyton-manning-will-rise-again-ben?IADID=Search-www.twincities.com-www.twincities.com

Hate when that happens!

I don't see how this is possible or how accurate Roman/Charley Walters are, but I'm still extremely skeptical of this report.

"Even though the Florida Panthers want to sign the Gophers' Nick Bjugstad, a former first-round draft pick, it appears the former Mr. Hockey from Blaine will remain for his junior season at Minnesota. Bjugstad, 19, accelerated graduation in high school. Otherwise, he would be a true freshman at Minnesota this season."

http://www.twincitie....twincities.com

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Bjugstad stayed for another year.

Much like Nelson, they both could stand to gain a little strength before moving on to the next level.

Much like Nelson, they both could stand to gain a little strength before moving on to the next level.

It's actually sounding more and more likely he'll be back for at least one more year. According to some people on GPL, people in Bjugstads family (primarily his uncle who played for the Gophers) are trying to get him to stay all four years.

It's actually sounding more and more likely he'll be back for at least one more year. According to some people on GPL, people in Bjugstads family (primarily his uncle who played for the Gophers) are trying to get him to stay all four years.

I really think he is ready for the NHL right now, but I don't mind seeing top end talent staying an extra year. It was fun watching Justin Schultz, even though he had no business playing in the NCAA this year, Bjugstad could be in the same boat if he stays. 4 years is a little overboard though, there is absolutely no reason for him to stay that long. Even if his family was big into education, if he had 3 years of credits already, its pretty easy to finish your degree in 2-3 summers afterwards if it works out.

Nelson more so than Bjugstad, Bjugstad already seems pretty strong. His stride is much better than Brock's right now, but I think that will be improved with added leg strength, look how much it improved from last year to this year.

Nelson's a natural center and wants to play center.

He may have power forward height, but he doesn't have the power forward body (yet).

If his goal for the NHL is to play center he needs to stay another year in college and center a top line and learn the defensive responsibilities of the role. If it's to play power forward, he needs to keep adding mass to that frame.

They just extended Owens' contract.

I really think he is ready for the NHL right now, but I don't mind seeing top end talent staying an extra year. It was fun watching Justin Schultz, even though he had no business playing in the NCAA this year, Bjugstad could be in the same boat if he stays. 4 years is a little overboard though, there is absolutely no reason for him to stay that long. Even if his family was big into education, if he had 3 years of credits already, its pretty easy to finish your degree in 2-3 summers afterwards if it works out.

I really think he's NHL ready as well, although, due to his age alone I can guarantee you that he will be playing at least one year in the AHL if he leaves right now. He doesn't have the skill of someone like Crosby or Toews, where he can compete in the NHL at 19 years old.

I really think he's NHL ready as well, although, due to his age alone I can guarantee you that he will be playing at least one year in the AHL if he leaves right now. He doesn't have the skill of someone like Crosby or Toews, where he can compete in the NHL at 19 years old.

I agree, he can play in the NHL right now, but probably not as a Top-6 forward, which is where they ultimately want him to play, and would want him to further develop those Top-6 skills elsewhere, whether it be the AHL or NCAA.

It has always been said that in the WCHA you can't take a night off and every team is pretty tough. I was looking at the teams that will make up the NCHC and 5 of them will likely be getting into the NCAA tournament with a couple others that could still sneak in. I think that league is going to be much harder than the WCHA, there are no doormats at all. The worst teams based on today's standings will be Western Michigan and St. Cloud neither of which are weak programs.  With as hard as that group will be to play in, I would bet a lot of National Champions will be coming out of the NCHC.

Hate when that happens! I don't see how this is possible or how accurate Roman/Charley Walters are, but I'm still extremely skeptical of this report. "Even though the Florida Panthers want to sign the Gophers' Nick Bjugstad, a former first-round draft pick, it appears the former Mr. Hockey from Blaine will remain for his junior season at Minnesota. Bjugstad, 19, accelerated graduation in high school. Otherwise, he would be a true freshman at Minnesota this season." http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_20121512/shooter-now-peyton-manning-will-rise-again-ben?IADID=Search-www.twincities.com-www.twincities.com

First off that is Shooter so you can just about bet that it's no where near being true.

Good luck with that as well.