SiouxSports.com Forum

Kelley has done it again

gfhockey

She's 85 y/o, well over the legal drinking age in ND. A UND alum, widow of a UND med school graduate, a supporter of UND and UND student athletes is being held up to current UND students and the country at large as a 'bad example!!!

WTF Kelley!! WTF!!!

• Upvote 1

She's 85 y/o, well over the legal drinking age in ND. A UND alum, widow of a UND med school graduate, a supporter of UND and UND student athletes is being held up to current UND students and the country at large as a 'bad example!!!

WTF Kelley!! WTF!!!

Kelly knows what is best for the University I guess... :crazy:

Kelly is a tool. He gets way to butt hurt over nothing if you ask me. UND has always been known as a party school, does he really think not showing a grandma with a beer is gonna change that?

Next up is banning the band from playing "In heaven there is no beer"...Kelly IMO on all fronts has been a disaster to/for the university I graduated from. Guy's a total JA.

I usually defend Kelley's unpopular decisions as they typically are in the best interest of the university, but this time I am utterly speechless at such a ridiculous move. Beth Delano has been a fixture at Fighting Sioux hockey games since 1947 and it's great to see her supporting her favorite team 64 years later. It's not so much that she can be found at the REA enjoying a beer and watching a hockey game that makes people cheer for her, but rather no matter the elements outside she still manages to make to the Ralph with the rest of us watching the sport she loves. If Kelley would spend as much time focusing on raising the prestige of the university as he does trying to concoct ways of taking away our traditions we would be at the level of a Big 10 school or possibly even the Ivy League.

Hard to believe he would waste his time on this. He may want to spend more time trying to get Englestad filled up again. UND played Boston College and the attendence was embarassing. Last week UND hosts Maine and it was no where near filled. The band is great and the crowds have been great but UND can't afford to lose the following for UND hockey.

I thought he understood the relationship between athletics and the University. Not sure who came up wih this dumb idea but it is a mistake. The Beer Lady gets a charge out of the fans and I believe she is of age. Great fan to showcase. There is nothing wrong with beer and I would rather showcase her smiling and having a beer from one of the local distributors who happens to be a great UND booster than some fat ass stuffing nachos down their throat in between pieces of pizza washed down with a diet coke.

• Upvote 1

Hard to believe he would waste his time on this. He may want to spend more time trying to get Englestad filled up again. UND played Boston College and the attendence was embarassing. Last week UND hosts Maine and it was no where near filled. The band is great and the crowds have been great but UND can't afford to lose the following for UND hockey.

I thought he understood the relationship between athletics and the University. Not sure who came up wih this dumb idea but it is a mistake. The Beer Lady gets a charge out of the fans and I believe she is of age. Great fan to showcase. There is nothing wrong with beer and I would rather showcase her smiling and having a beer from one of the local distributors who happens to be a great UND booster than some fat ass stuffing nachos down their throat in between pieces of pizza washed down with a diet coke.

Exactly!

You know, these bozos running UND are really pissing me off. Issues like this make me wonder what other arbitrary and idiotic decisions they make that don't even get noticed by the public, much less the weak kneed media in the GF region.

• Upvote 2

This is just the sort of meaningless minutia that preoccupies administrators who have a complete disconnect both with sporting activities and with those who attend them. He needs to get out of the office more and interact with people outside of the occasional petty wine socials with other like-minded sorts. I'd say his duplicity concerning other issues reflects much more negatively upon the university than the Beer Grandma. Good Lord, even an 85 year-old, life-long hockey game attendee who enjoys having a beer and who gets recognized at games can pique the effete social consciousness of this guy? That speaks volumes. Aren't there bigger and better things to complain about?

• Upvote 1

This is just the sort of meaningless minutia that preoccupies administrators who have a complete disconnect both with sporting activities and with those who attend them. He needs to get out of the office more and interact with people outside of the occasional petty wine socials with other like-minded sorts. I'd say his duplicity concerning other issues reflects much more negatively upon the university than the Beer Grandma. Good Lord, even an 85 year-old, life-long hockey game attendee who enjoys having a beer and who gets recognized at games can pique the effete social consciousness of this guy? That speaks volumes. Aren't there bigger and better things to complain about?

That's what I'm thinking about everybody who's posted in here so far complaining about this. So Kelley decided to not glorify beer drinking, what's the big deal? Does this really affect your life?

• Upvote 1

That's what I'm thinking about everybody who's posted in here so far complaining about this. So Kelley decided to not glorify beer drinking, what's the big deal? Does this really affect your life?

Had REA just stopped putting her on the big screen, it's likely few would have noticed. It became a big deal when UND and REA released their decision to the media. It became a big deal for me when this fan became an example of 'how we don't want to viewed' by the UND administration.

It doesn't affect my life just like a lot of things that I oppose don't affect my life. That doesn't mean I'm going to stand by quietly and turn my back with a 'Hey, not my problem, bro' attitude. Not my style. ;)