SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

55 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

NDSU and SDSU could jump to the MWC and leave UND and USD to beg the Big Sky to let them back in…

Would the South Dakota legislature allow this ?

they sort of indicated before the 2 state schools need to be together when South Dakota bailed on the big sky 

If UND's time in the BSC showed but one thing it's that a school on an island (geographically isolate) does not work. I'm not sure two is much better. 

< standard words here about media markets, exposure to potential students, alumni in area, potential donors, as key to conference decisions >
< additional standard words about presidents, not ADs, pick conference mates > 

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

are-you-serious-clark-clark.gif

You saying that isn't a possibility?  If so, can you explain why it isn't?  I'm not predicting it, but I think your head is in the sand if you think the odds of that happening are 0%. 

3 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

You saying that isn't a possibility?  If so, can you explain why it isn't?  I'm not predicting it, but I think your head is in the sand if you think the odds of that happening are 0%. 

odds of ndac and sdac going to mwc TOGETHER........less than 1%

und and usd going to bsc......less than 2%

18 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Should the MWC need backfill all options are on the table, but I do believe they'd look WAC or Texas options first. 

yep...or stay within their time zone with idaho, montana, or msu...or cal davis 

5 hours ago, farce poobah said:

Sounds fine.

Do they have a men's soccer team in need of a conference?  How about tennis?

Exactly who cares about ASU right now. The UND administration needs to be focused on who fills the Summit holes. If that means bringing in two schools to the NCHC and one with a matching Summit invite (MN Mankato) then I’m in bring ASU into the conversation 

13 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Exactly who cares about ASU right now. The UND administration needs to be focused on who fills the Summit holes. If that means bringing in two schools to the NCHC and one with a matching Summit invite (MN Mankato) then I’m in bring ASU into the conversation 

If the NCHC is bringing in another school with ASU.  I would hope that it would be St. Thomas hockey.  Or I would be all in favor of kicking St. Cloud out - they should have never been included to start with.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, FSSD said:

If we were bringing in another school with ASU.  I would hope that it would St. Thomas hockey.  Or I would be all in favor of kicking St. Cloud out - they should have never been included to start with.

Makes sense UST is in the Summit already and plays FCS football. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, FSSD said:

If we were bringing in another school with ASU.  I would hope that it would St. Thomas hockey.  Or I would be all in favor of kicking St. Cloud out - they should have never been included to start with.

I am all in on St. Thomas. Regardless of what moves the NCHC makes, the number of schools should never go above 10. The old WCHA got bloated and watered-down with 12 teams at the time of realignment.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Sioux&gt;Bison said:

Only if they start sponsoring summit football. We need another men’s sport. Don’t give them a NCHC invite for nothing!

So, you would have:

Hockey: Summit - Omaha/Denver/UND/StT (4)   Non Summit - SCSU/CC/UMD/WM/UM (5)

Football:  USD/SDSU/UND/NDSU/StT (5)

1 hour ago, FSSD said:

So, you would have:

Hockey: Summit - Omaha/Denver/UND/StT (4)   Non Summit - SCSU/CC/UMD/WM/UM (5)

Football:  USD/SDSU/UND/NDSU/StT (5)

Exactly why give up a coveted NCHC spot for nothing. We need the leverage to fill the summit. Mankato can have a spot too if they go D1 in all sports.