SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

9 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

We are going to an FCS WAC first, and if we have funding and an FBS stadium, later our leadership wants FBS when the whole league transitions up.

It doesn't hurt to play nice with Slummit and MVFC people if we don't have money down the road.  It called politics, which much of this board doesn't seem to acknowledge school presidents have to play the politics game even with conferences.  That's often why they make appearances with officials.

This is getting more and more like a bizon board, as UND can't do anything aspirational there, except in hockey.

Ok......but you have always said you don't believe for a second we are going to the Summit, correct?  Do you still believe there's no way that happens?  I guess I thought you said we would never go Summit because of your WAC theories?  Forgive me if I'm incorrect on this.  I'm just a big dummy trying to connect the dots here.

Like I said, I like your ideas to a certain extent and so do others here, but just not sure how it happens any time in the near future.  I hope you are 100% correct on the huge gift for a new stadium.

9 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

We are going to an FCS WAC first, and if we have funding and an FBS stadium, later our leadership wants FBS when the whole league transitions up.

It doesn't hurt to play nice with Slummit and MVFC people if we don't have money down the road.  It called politics, which much of this board doesn't seem to acknowledge school presidents have to play the politics game even with conferences.  That's often why they make appearances with officials.

This is getting more and more like a bizon board, as UND can't do anything aspirational there, except in hockey.

This one statement is what your entire theory is based on.  I'm glad you were the one that mentioned it.  UND is currenly trying to save money especially in athletics (have you been paying attention the last 6 months?!!).  You say "if we have funding".  Well that is a pretty gigantic "if". Unless you know of a donor that is waiting in the wings to donate hundreds of millions of dollars!!

2 hours ago, southpaw said:

How can the WAC be an FCS league without losing its FBS conference status?

55 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

So UND is going to switch to an FCS WAC and then an FCS conference is going to move up to an FBS conference (which isn't allowed)? And if UND doesn't have the funds, they will move back to the Big Sky?

You also didn't actually address the question about what happens to your plan if UND moves to the Summit/MVFC.

No one is saying UND can't be aspirational, people are saying what you are proposing doesn't make sense, won't be beneficial or is based on a lot of conjecture.

These posts prove that your either blithering idiots who have no clue about NCAA regs or just get glazed eyes when I mention FBS

Said for several months now that the NCAA has given former FBS conferences the right to still offer FBS to schools. The NCAA gave the rules for the WAC in 2011.  The WAC, which lost its FBS status, is the only one that qualifies.

Youve lost your chance to even interject now, as your effectively trolls and are on ignore.

• Downvote 2

42 minutes ago, UNDvince97-01 said:

Ok......but you have always said you don't believe for a second we are going to the Summit, correct?  Do you still believe there's no way that happens?  I guess I thought you said we would never go Summit because of your WAC theories?  Forgive me if I'm incorrect on this.  I'm just a big dummy trying to connect the dots here.

Like I said, I like your ideas to a certain extent and so do others here, but just not sure how it happens any time in the near future.  I hope you are 100% correct on the huge gift for a new stadium.

The Montanas and Idaho will be gone from the Sky so no one to support us except maybe N Colo.  If we don't go FBS when they go, the Slummit and MVFC are what we can go to.  By that time, Wichita St will have left the MVC and Mo St may have already.  There would be openings in those conferences down the road.

12 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

These posts prove that your either blithering idiots who have no clue about NCAA regs or just get glazed eyes when I mention FBS

Said for several months now that the NCAA has given former FBS conferences the right to still offer FBS to schools. The NCAA gave the rules for the WAC in 2011.  The WAC, which lost its FBS status, is the only one that qualifies.

Youve lost your chance to even interject now, as your effectively trolls and are on ignore.

I'm crushed.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Blah Blah Blah....UND will be in the Summit League in 2-3 years (my prediction).  Then, this thread will hopefully be shutdown and a new one can start without FBS/WAC/UND/CalBaptist clutter crap in it.  

26 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

No one disputed that is likely the WAC still has the ability to operate as an FBS conference. What is now being questioned is your comment that the WAC will operate as an FCS conference until everyone is ready to move up, which would be unprecedented. Can you provide a source where the WAC will be able to retain its ability to be an FBS conference if it starts operating as an FCS conference?

You also still haven't directly addressed what happens to your plan if UND joins the Summit (and MVFC) in the next couple of years.

10 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

In all seriousness, that WAC still needs to do more than add a member that won't be a full time member in 5 years. A lot can happen in that time.  I do hope the WAC survives from a basketball perspective because I don't want an auto-bid going away from the smaller schools. 

How they decide to do it?  Well only they know

2 hours ago, UND-1 said:

Blah Blah Blah....UND will be in the Summit League in 2-3 years (my prediction).  Then, this thread will hopefully be shutdown and a new one can start without FBS/WAC/UND/CalBaptist clutter crap in it.  

Don't forget UTRGVLMNOP.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

This post proves that your either a few sandwiches short of a picnic or just an angry, unhappy A-hole. Either way I'm done reading this thread or anything else you post. It's sad to think I'm never going to get the time back I've spent on this nonsense...

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Tangolou said:

This post proves that your either a few sandwiches short of a picnic or just an angry, unhappy A-hole. Either way I'm done reading this thread or anything else you post. It's sad to think I'm never going to get the time back I've spent on this nonsense...

Shun the non believer!!!!

Why are we limiting UND to make the jump to FBS and just be in the WAC?!!  If we are going to throw ridiculous aspirations out there, might as well go all in!!  

My cousins roommate who is friends with a guy who's second cousin goes to the U of M heard about a post on a blog that his 9 year old nephew told him about  that UND is making a move to the Big 10 in no less than 5 years!!   :D

#SiouxVolleysources

• Upvote 3

Chicago St has a five year contract with the WAC that ends next year and isnt a permanent member, according to their own documents.  Chicago St is also talking about FCS to placate the WAC and stay in it.  Won't happen.  Some Big Sky schools have been planning a split for five years, hence the five year contract for Chicago St.

WAC FCS football will start in 2018-19 with mostly Big Sky schools.

Some posters here just will do anything to deny the coming changes and not even read these posts. My patience has worn out.

5 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Chicago St has a five year contract with the WAC that ends next year and isnt a permanent member, according to their own documents.  Chicago St is also talking about FCS to placate the WAC and stay in it.  Won't happen.

Some posters here just will do anything to deny the coming changes and not even read these posts. My patience has worn out.

Sounds like you need a break.  Go ahead, we will be OK.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

Chicago St has a five year contract with the WAC that ends next year and isnt a permanent member, according to their own documents.  Chicago St is also talking about FCS to placate the WAC and stay in it.  Won't happen.  Some Big Sky schools have been planning a split for five years, hence the five year contract for Chicago St.

IOW you are running out of BS?   I think I can speak confidently that that will never happen.

If we can determine when the next jubilee year is coming, I'm sure we can begin to establish a timeline for all of this. 2016 must have been more of a joyous year than a full on jubilee year. My Ayurveda practitioner told me my third chakra has been closed for some time and my wind meridian is blocked, I think it's my fault none of these things are happening. On the next blood moon I'll make a sacrifice and see what I can do to help things along. 

• Upvote 2

On 1/17/2017 at 9:14 PM, bison73 said:

NOBODY is against aspirations. What nobody will accept is your convoluted theories to arrive at your preconceived notion as fact. And you have presented much as fact which has been shown to not be true. Not to mention your continued predictions that have all gone down the drain as well.

Aspire all you want. But take no umbridge against those who are leery of your tales.

Again, I don't understand the umbrage toward SV. They guy is putting together a quilt using the vivid patches of information he gathers and stitches together with his thoughts. We all do it. His just happen to be bigger and bolder patterns and ending with something king-sized. 

The rest of us are afraid to go above a monochromatic dinner napkin. 

SV is probably batting 0.240 to 0.300 with his predictions.
Guess what: That and an average glove makes $3 million a year playing second base in Boston. :D 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Again, I don't understand the umbrage toward SV. They guy is putting together a quilt using the vivid patches of information he gathers and stitches together with his thoughts. We all do it. His just happen to be bigger and bolder patterns and ending with something king-sized. 

Guess what: That and an average glove makes $3 million a year playing second base in Boston. :D 

Love the metaphors, Sic. 

12 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I've yet to see something he has predicted come to fruition. Which of them  have actually happened?

Though all this remains this smoldering item:

20.4.2.1 Reclassification from Football Championship Subdivision to Football Bowl Subdivision.  20.4.2.1.1 Eligibility for Reclassification. Before a Football Championship Subdivision institution may apply for reclassification to the Football Bowl Subdivision, the institution must receive a bona fide invitation for membership from a Football Bowl Subdivision conference or a conference that previously met the definition of a Football Bowl Subdivision conference (see Bylaw 20.02.6). (Adopted: 1/15/11 effective 8/1/11) 

The WAC can still offer FBS status to schools looking to more up. 

That is the one last thing the WAC has going for them. It was confirmed last summer in the Idaho (or was it the NMSU) report. 

And others know it.

I see the WAC as ripe for a hostile takeover by a group with common like-minded interests. Call it a "Gordon Gecko" scenario: That group would come in, take over, keep what they really want and strip off the dead weight of the organization. 

The flip side is the WAC also has to know they are vulnerable that way. They need to stay solvent enough to stay alive and keep enough "stock" (internal voting members) to keep from being "corporate raided" as those current members know they are the dead weight to be stripped away.

Remember, the only valuable, salvageable asset is that ability to bequeath FBS status. 

Should a "raider group" come in, they'd look to move out the non-performing assets. 

So, to recap:

The WAC is a distressed company with one good asset. There are folks outside that company that would really like control of that asset. The WAC knows this as well. But the WAC also knows they are distressed and the non-performing assets would be set aside (voted out) should they allow too many raiders into the company. 

To my eyes, the existing WAC members just brought in someone like them (Cal Baptist) to make sure they have votes should they decide to allow the raiders in the door. 

The raiders? They're waiting for the distressed asset to have no choice but to either let them in or have nothing. 

Cal Baptist is at best a provisional, staying, move as Chicago State will tip over shortly and the WAC will be in the "let them in or have nothing" category. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The one that stands out in my mind: UND to BSC. 

Ok, but to be fair, given the timing that prediction wasn't really very difficult to see coming. 

His timelines have come and gone and come and gone over the course of nearly a decade with nothing happening. 

You have to admit it's become very clear that he's making significant logical leaps. 

It would be one thing if he presented it differently. But, he presents it as fact and anyone who doesn't make the leaps with him is labeled an idiot. When he presents the information in that manner it becomes a joy to watch his predictions fall through.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

You have to admit it's become very clear that he's making significant logical leaps. 

He's making his quilt.

You don't have to cuddle up in it. 

I stand and look at it for the patches of information. 

• Upvote 1