SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

Didn't SV say something in the past about Wichita State and football:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/25576548/wichita-state-interested-in-joining-mountain-west-considering-football

Individuals representing Wichita State's athletic interests have approached the Mountain West Conference about membership, multiple sources told CBS Sports.

Led by president John Bardo, Wichita State has been exploring its conference options in basketball and football. Last year, Bardo commissioned an ongoing feasibility study to bring football back to the athletic program. The school dropped the sport in 1986.

3 hours ago, darell1976 said:

The MWC commish said Wichita St could move, but it won't be the MWC.

Perhaps Wichita St could accept a football only bid to the WAC.  The Shockers seem intent on starting an FBS teams.

46 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

All the Jacks and bizon trolls were giddy about NMSU to the Slummit.

It's not even mentioned but the Horizon is.  Slummit is SOL.

The NMSU prez us just using this survey as a PR ruse.  The WAC will go forward with BSC teams and FBS.

• Upvote 1

So how serious is this whole NMSU going to the Horizon? 

If they ever did leave, the WAC would turn into Great West 2.0 with an auto-bid.

Would then the Horizon raid the Summit for the 12th team to give a travel partner to NMSU if it happened?

7 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

So how serious is this whole NMSU going to the Horizon? 

If they ever did leave, the WAC would turn into Great West 2.0 with an auto-bid.

Would then the Horizon raid the Summit for the 12th team to give a travel partner to NMSU if it happened?

Belmont is the team preferred for the Horizon 11th spot.  Another Kentucky school could be in line for the 12th.  Belmont wants the Horizon because it already has its men soccer team there and the Great Lakes is where a bunch of wanna be Belmont music students come from that can afford private tuition.

The Horizon does nothing for NMSU, doesn't help recruit students or athletes or help alumni.  The rumors are just a concoction to make the other WAC schools flee to the Big Sky, and then the Big Sky FBS wannabes go to the WAC without the non football schools.

• 3 weeks later...

It appears NDSU didn't make the long list of potential Big 12 expansion candidates. :D

http://www.campusrush.com/big-12-meetings-preview-expansion-conference-championship-1834486858.html

The three best candidates for those two slots are currently BYU, Cincinnati and Connecticut, but this could change after the data from Navigate Research is analyzed. Houston and Memphis are considered legitimate contenders, but remain on the outside looking in. (Credit Houston for making a move the past few months to insert itself into the conversation, as they've generated some momentum.) The long shots are South Florida, Central Florida, Boise State and Colorado State. Temple, San Diego State and Northern Illinois don't really have a pulse.

• Upvote 1

To me Cincinnati is a no-brainer. It gets West Virginia a local rival and gets the Big XII into (lots of TVs) Ohio. 

After that, Memphis makes the most geographic sense. Connecticut make the "TV" sense, Houston makes no sense at the Big XII already owns Texas, and BYU makes ... what sense? 

8 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

To me Cincinnati is a no-brainer. It gets West Virginia a local rival and gets the Big XII into (lots of TVs) Ohio. 

After that, Memphis makes the most geographic sense. Connecticut make the "TV" sense, Houston makes no sense at the Big XII already owns Texas, and BYU makes ... what sense? 

#butndsuwrestling, #butrpi, #butballstate

How dare they not include NDSU it must be a typo.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, GeauxSioux said:

I challenge you to go one whole week without mentioning or referencing NDSU.

:silly: 

Says the guy who posted about NDSU dorms.

And this:

Zonadub brought up NDSU which prompted the NDSU talk on this thread, but I guess you can blame me. :blink:

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, darell1976 said:

:silly: 

Says the guy who posted about NDSU dorms.

And this:

Zonadub brought up NDSU which prompted the NDSU talk on this thread, but I guess you can blame me. :blink:

I don't think you know how a challenge works. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, darell1976 said:

It's a stupid challenge a lot of people bring up NDSU including yourself. NDSU will get brought up on this board like it or not. 

C'mon, you can't take a week off from your NDSU measuring stick?  Yes, NDSU will be brought up on this board occasionally, but daily??  Even the two posts of mine that you referenced are over a week old. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, GeauxSioux said:

C'mon, you can't take a week off from your NDSU measuring stick?  Yes, NDSU will be brought up on this board occasionally, but daily??  Even the two posts of mine that you referenced are over a week old. 

So new rule if anyone brings up NDSU I cannot respond to it. Got it. So glad you are in charge of this site and not Jim Dahl. :silly:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

7 hours ago, darell1976 said:

Guilty.

I pledge not to post about an ag school 70 miles south of Grand Forks for a minimum of 1 week. (But that won't be as tough for me since Darrell has about 12 X as many posts as I do)

• Upvote 1