SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

51 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Why Not Minot too?

Not saying I agree with it.  They have been rumored for what…..2 years.   Plus they have the major donor money behind them that also is a major donor for 3 other teams in the conference. 

14 hours ago, FSSD said:

RE: What's next for realignment?

Welp, I don't think the paywall is going to get fixed this week, so I might as well make everything free for the next two days. I have a story I am contractually required to run tomorrow AM, and then I promise I'll share the low major realignment stuff

last clue, and I promise I wont string yall along like this ever again

it involves a D-II team

It sounds like D-II school.

The article was about the OVC and West Georgia as a candidate for possible expansion. Also mentioned the ASUN as a possible landing spot for WGa.  

Briefly mentioned Missouri state due to a review their Athletics Department is doing m.  But sounds like that is more about making a stronger athletics department at MSU than it is about its conference affiliation.  

13 hours ago, nodakvindy said:

I can.  League already has Minnesota presence and unless Miami leaves, no need to add another team.  8 is ideal. 

They would be playing against UND men’s and women’s bball in the same building as summit league members and are 5 miles from the nchc conference tournament site. 8 is ideal. Getting to Oxford Ohio, not so much. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

They would be playing against UND men’s and women’s bball in the same building as summit league members and are 5 miles from the nchc conference tournament site. 8 is ideal. Getting to Oxford Ohio, not so much. 

Just a reminder that St Thomas' coach is the guy that couldn't get the job done at Miami.  No reason yet to believe he will at UST.

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I imagine Miami didn't provide the necessary resources to win. They haven't been competitive in the NCHC since the beginning.

I agree with their objective (10 years ago) to not be stuck in a D-2 bus league with Ferris et al.   I'm not smart enough to know why they haven't been competitive, but it seems clear that Bergeron hasn't improved things after 4 years of his tenure. 

On 3/4/2023 at 9:33 AM, fightingsioux4life said:

I imagine Miami didn't provide the necessary resources to win. They haven't been competitive in the NCHC since the beginning.

Miami was literally a minute away (and up two goals) from hanging a National Championship in 2009. 

38 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

They had resources to get to the final in 2009 ... and by 2013 and entry to the NCHC they didn't? 

Look at their record in the NCHC. They are at or near the bottom every season. They changed coaches a few years ago and that hasn't changed anything either. I think the 2009 team was an outlier. It is a shame they couldn't close the deal after getting so close.

How long does Seattle U wait for the WCC invite...are they happy playing a bunch of schools in Utah and Texas?  And if they are would Oral Roberts and Kansas City be happier going South (WAC) instead of almost always traveling North (Summit) (and having to play their postseason tournament in Sioux Falls, SD instead of Las Vegas, NV)?