SiouxSports.com Forum

UND v. Black Hills State......

WYOBISONMAN

I do.

This is a trap game.

It's time go out out and win the games you are supposed to (and maybe work out some kinks and take out some frustrations along the way).

What he said..................

This is an extremely important game. UND cannot play on Saturday like they did in 2009 against Sioux Falls and Southern Oregon. They need to whip this team with authority. They need to use this game as an opportunity for every player on the roster to get better for the next game. Good teams improve each week, regardless of the opponent. I'm not sure we improved from week 1 to week 2, but we did from week 2 to week 3. Need to expand upon that.

I'll be disappointed if North Dakota doesn't win by at least 30..............................

The team I saw last Saturday was deserving of a Top 25 ranking. I hope that the one I see this weekend is too...............

What he said..................

This is an extremely important game. UND cannot play on Saturday like they did in 2009 against Sioux Falls and Southern Oregon. They need to whip this team with authority. They need to use this game as an opportunity for every player on the roster to get better for the next game. Good teams improve each week, regardless of the opponent. I'm not sure we improved from week 1 to week 2, but we did from week 2 to week 3. Need to expand upon that.

I'll be disappointed if North Dakota doesn't win by at least 30..............................

The team I saw last Saturday was deserving of a Top 25 ranking. I hope that the one I see this weekend is too...............

I would suspect BHS is in for a hell of a beating. The game is at home. The kids and the coach have a new found confidence after the showing at Fresno. I think the fact that UND is starting to pull it together could also make for some entertaining games in the GWC. Those teams (GWC) were counting the Sioux as a doormat and that appears to be changing.

I would suspect BHS is in for a hell of a beating. The game is at home. The kids and the coach have a new found confidence after the showing at Fresno. I think the fact that UND is starting to pull it together could also make for some entertaining games in the GWC. Those teams (GWC) were counting the Sioux as a doormat and that appears to be changing.

Black Hills State better be in for a hell of a beating. I'm usually all for sportsmanship, but I really hope that the team goes out and puts this game away early but doesn't back off. We are in the middle of trying to build a program for the BSC next year. We need to get everyone, especially the younger guys, as many reps as possible and have them play as if it is a playoff game.

I think people know and attendance is going to be good but what do you want to talk about?

Absolutely anything besides whether I should cheer for the Gophers or the Bison this weekend.

• Upvote 1

I bet (almost) everyone in the area has tried them. They supply McDonalds with the fries.

I used to work for Simplot. From throwing out the rotted potatos to cutting off the green and black specs to packaging them up (my favorite job), to seeing my buddies in the lab for free fries. MMM good!! As for the game if its over at halftime at least the youngsters can get in for playing experience. I just pray for....NO INJURIES!!!

I want an absolutely ridiculous, throat stomping, over by halftime, BHS players are crying and their moms are on the field trying to comfort them, Sack City poster needs another digit, student section plays beach ball with the mascot head, BHS coach is stomping on his clipboard, inconsiderate crushing by the Sioux. That's it.

196-0 Sioux.

Black Hills State better be in for a hell of a beating. I'm usually all for sportsmanship, but I really hope that the team goes out and puts this game away early but doesn't back off. We are in the middle of trying to build a program for the BSC next year. We need to get everyone, especially the younger guys, as many reps as possible and have them play as if it is a playoff game.

Absolutely anything besides whether I should cheer for the Gophers or the Bison this weekend.

Well said.....

I'm hoping everyone, from coaches all the way down to the last player on the roster learned their lesson a few years ago with Sioux Falls. Don't overlook anyone. The guys need a nice blowout to continue to build the confidence that Wyo was talking about and continue to pull it together come conference time. This better be a good game to get some reps, work on some timing etc., etc. But I did think the same thing about Drake. This team has improved dramatically since thta time.

Go Sioux!!!

Historically the Sioux have not been a crush them into submission team, very few 56-3 scores in school history. That's not to say we have not dominated teams on the field. I would like to see dominating offensive and defensive lines, some long down the field completitions, a couple of interceptions and super solid special teams - this of course lends itself to a lopsided score.

In the past when the Sioux were in their better days of D2 when they played inferior teams, such as Crookston, Morningside, etc. they were into crushing teams. Its only been the last couple years that this hasn't been the case. The talent level is much better now though.

The Sioux should crush the Yellow Jackets. They were a bad NAIA team and are will need huge improvments to be a competitive D2 team. May be even more of a mismatch than my Yotes going against the Badgers.

I'm really looking forward to the yotes game; I would really like to see them stay competitive.

Historically the Sioux have not been a crush them into submission team, very few 56-3 scores in school history. That's not to say we have not dominated teams on the field. I would like to see dominating offensive and defensive lines, some long down the field completitions, a couple of interceptions and super solid special teams - this of course lends itself to a lopsided score.

A quick look at the schedules/results over the past few years going back to 2000 and ending when we started the transition to D1:

2000 - Central Washington - 52-7

2000 - UM-Crookston - 49-3

2000 - Morningside - 54-6

2000 - SDSU - 42-0

2001 - UM-Crookston - 57-6

2002 - UM-Crookston - 57-0

2003 - UM-Crookston - 59-0

2004 - Mesa State - 65-7

2005 - Winona State - 51-6

2005 - Augustana - 52-3

2005 - Ferris State - 44-7

2006 - Winona State - 49-2

2006 - Winona State (again) - 42-0 (1st round playoffs)

2007 - Humboldt State - 59-0

2007 - St Cloud State - 59-14

2007 - Winona State - 44-2

A quick look at the schedules/results over the past few years going back to 2000 and ending when we started the transition to D1:

2000 - Central Washington - 52-7

2000 - UM-Crookston - 49-3

2000 - Morningside - 54-6

2000 - SDSU - 42-0

2001 - UM-Crookston - 57-6

2002 - UM-Crookston - 57-0

2003 - UM-Crookston - 59-0

2004 - Mesa State - 65-7

2005 - Winona State - 51-6

2005 - Augustana - 52-3

2005 - Ferris State - 44-7

2006 - Winona State - 49-2

2006 - Winona State (again) - 42-0 (1st round playoffs)

2007 - Humboldt State - 59-0

2007 - St Cloud State - 59-14

2007 - Winona State - 44-2

I think Winona is glad UND left dII. ;)

The funny thing is I remember some pretty hefty smack talk from some Winona fans leading up to the playoff game. They were certain they had a shot to win the game. They did win the NSIC, afterall.

They played really well in the 2003 playoff game, when they had that receiver (Samp?) who UND had trouble covering. After that season, it was all down hill.

LOL.....this from the biggest fool on this board. Guys like Trex and I agree on very little, but the one thing we have agreed on is that you are a complete fool. :lol:

Coming from a moderator of Bisonville - which has already gained a reputation within FCS as having the most delusional fans - Montana, N Iowa, and Appy State all are in agreement on that - I'm actually flattered by that personal attack. :lol:

Also nice to know that Bisonville posters observe and extensively discuss every single word written here. Also thanks for the vote on Bisonville for being the being the biggest Sioux douche - that's quite an honor too. :lol:

Considering that you've been one of the voices of Bisonville conventional "wisdom", could understand why you've especially taken offense at my postings lately:

star2city, on 16 September 2011 - 04:46 PM, said:

You need a history lesson: the reason my writings are detested on bisonville is that I have a proven track record vs bisonville conventional "wisdom":

When all bisonville was stating they were a lock for the Big Sky, I said they would not get in.

When all bisonville was stating they weren't even sure they'd get in the Summit, I said they were a lock.

When all bisonville was stating that there was no way that UND would go DI because of money, I said it would and the Big Sky was interested.

When all bisonville was stating that hockey and women's hockey forces would stop UND from going DI, I said hockey forces actually needed UND to go DI (if a Big Ten Hockey league was to form).

When all bisonville was stating UND would never ever get in the Big Sky, I said they would.

When all bisonville was stating that UND's satellite capabilities wouldn't matter for conference or for a TV deal, I said they would matter greatly.

Your problem is that you listen to bisonville conventional "wisdom" , so you too, will be proven a fool.

That post caused a lot of consternation among the birdbrain trust at Bisonville. ;) The younger, smugger parrots were taken aback that their elder statesmen could be in constant error. At least now they know their leaders are not only naked of wisdom, but full of sh*t. :D