SiouxSports.com Forum

UND v. Black Hills State......

WYOBISONMAN

Good grief Sioux fans.....get a damn thread started on this so the game can be dicsussed.

My first question....

Has BH State completed the jump to D2 and is it at the full D2 scholie level yet?

This is their second year of a two-year transition. Next year, they will be a provisional dII member (and will join the RMAC). I believe they are playoff eligible starting in the 2013-14 season. Not sure if they are up to the 28-scholarship RMAC limit yet, but I doubt they are.

One interesting factoid about this matchup is that UND radio analyst Mike Berg is a member of the Black Hills State athletic hall of fame for his high school coaching career: http://www.bhsu.edu/DesktopModules/DnnForge%20-%20NewsArticles/Print.aspx?tabid=3454&tabmoduleid=30538&articleId=518&moduleId=5092&PortalID=0

Also, former UND football player Matt Field is a starting OL for BHSU.

It is Potato Bowl Week people! How about we quit discussing those other two schools and focus on all of the fun activities going on in the region this week!

http://potatobowl.org/

Monday, September 19th

Hugo’s Potato Bowl Pete Hidden Madallion Contest begins!

Tuesday, September 20th

Hugo’s Potato Bowl Golf Scrabble – Open to anyone, call 218-773-3633 to register

Time: Registration: 12:00 noon

Tee Time: 1:00 PM

Fees: $95 entry fee includes: green fees, cart, dinner, Potato Bowl gift, & golf prizes

Wednesday, September 21st

Chip Giveaway – Columbia Mall

Thursday, September 22nd

Baked Potato Bar, served 11 AM – 1 PM (all Hugo’s locations)

Chip Giveaway – Frandsen Bank & Trust (all bank locations)

French Fry Feed and Fireworks

Time: 4:30 PM – dusk

•World’s Largest French Feed courtesy the J.R. Simplot Co.

•Food & Soda Stands

•Large, Inflatable Games

•Live Music

•Meet the Sioux Athletes

•Potato Picking Contest (for children)

•French Fry Eating Contest

•Fireworks Display sponsored by Rydell Auto Center at Memorial Stadium

•Potato Giveaway – Black Gold Farms will give a coupon valued at $2.50 for potatoes at any Hugo’s location to the first 500 families to enter the gates at Memorial Stadium

•Kids will get a free glow stick while supplies last, also courtesy of Black Gold Farms!

Friday, September 23rd

Sioux Booster Luncheon – Noon – Alerus Center

Baked Potato Bar, served 11 AM – 1 PM (all Hugo’s locations)

Hugo’s Potato Bowl 8K Run & Tater Tot Trot – Begins in Riverside Park in Grand Forks. Registration begins at 4 PM. 8K entry fee is $18 before Sept. 8th ($20 after Sept. 8th) and $8 for Tater Tot Trot before Sept. 8th ($10 after Sept. 8th). Registration forms are available on this website by clicking here or call 218-773-3633.

Saturday, September 24th

GF Rotary Club Pancake Breakfast – 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM at Grand Forks Central High School

Sons of Norway Potato Pancake Breakfast – 7:30 AM t0 1:00 PM at 1401 9th Avenue South in Grand Forks.

Jaycees Potato Bowl Parade – 10:30 AM – The route starts behind the YMCA and goes to Demers Avenue and heads east over the river into East Grand Forks, MN and then continues to 4th Street NW and ends in the Riverwalk Centre parking lot.

Tailgating Party & NPPGA Potato Associates Baked Potato Bar – 2:00 PM at the Alerus Center in Grand Forks.

46th Annual Potato Bowl Footbal Game – ND Fight Sioux vs Black Hills State – Kick off is at 6 PM at the Alerus Center in Grand Forks

I would guess that BHS is going to blitz all day. Things that Bradley needs to improve:

1) Taking a snap under center and pulling away from the center without falling down or tripping (In three games he has done this twice and he does not take many snaps under center) this lead to the 4 and 15 sequence in the 4th Q against Fresno St.

2) Sensing pressure in the pocket - he really has no feel for this yet and opponents are going to see it on film and they are going to put as much pressure on him as possible.

3) Throw the ball away - he has taken two or three sacks so far this year that could have been avoided.

4) He does not look comfortable running or throwing on the run. Again, teams are going to try and force him to run.

FYI, I have been impressed with him so far and I do think that Bradley does do a good job of throwing to a spot, he has a very catchable ball and reading defenses out of the pistol and making the quick 2 or 3 count throw. I don't want to sound too critical.

Pretty sad when the NDSU vs Minnesota thread is more active on SiouxSports than the UND football thread. Kinda explains the small attendance numbers at the games, doesn't it?

UND 35

BHSC 3

I'm afraid UND vs Montana Western and UND vs SIoux Falls may get the same attention although we are looking for payback with SF.

http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/

What I wouldn't give to have this team back.

This weeks game against Black Hills State is the annual Potato Bowl game but it is also the Hall of Fame game. The 2001 University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Football National Championship team will be returning to campus this weekend. They are being honored by the university as a 2011 inductee in to the UND Hall of Fame. They will serve as honorary game captains prior to the game and they will be introduced at halftime. Game time is 6pm. From what we heard they expect as many as 50-60 players back for the weekend festivities

â– The single season attendance mark was set that year with a total of 100, 238 over 10 games. Yes that is correct, 10 home games including the playoffs.

â– In the Semi-Finals, the Sioux beat UC-Davis 14-2 before a raucous Alerus Center crowd. Klosterman hit Graf twice for TDs to take a lead they would never relinquish. Davis had 7 illegal procedure penalties in the game. The Sioux voluntarily took a safety when they were backed up to give Davis their only points.

I was at that game with my dad and I never heard the Alerus so loud. I cannot wait to see the dome packed again!

Don't forget to head out to the world's largest French Fry Feed going on right now!!!

Mmmmmm, I love Simplot fries.

P.S. The UND football team actually has a home game this weekend. Apparently nobody has noticed that yet.

I think people know and attendance is going to be good but what do you want to talk about? We play Black Hills. We better win by 30-40 points. I don't know what to talk about with this game and I think others are in the same boat.

• Upvote 1