SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

3:16 spacer.gif

[Comment From JeffJeff: ] Any chance Oxbow or Darrell or any of the other "real football experts" on SiouxSports.com gets named FB coach on Monday? They have all the answers.

Wednesday November 13, 2013 3:16 Jeff

3:17

Tom Miller, GF Herald: UND might need new coordinators .....

From the live chat, Hey Tom I wouldn't mind being a coordinator. :)

It will be the same eight posters in a daisy chain - either breaking their arms patting themselves on the back or walking out on the ledge.

Or it will be you and 2 or 3 more apologists campaigning for Muss to keep his job AND get a new contract extension if they win tomorrow and put a 2 game winning streak together.

Just go peddle your t-shirts and be happy...

• Upvote 1

In today's world, a coach and his staff have a limited amount of time to prove that they can get the job done and at least be competitive. Sadly, Muss and his staff have not reached that point and have failed at even showing progress. I will agree that they have been successful in bringing in some talent, but not nearly enough to turn the program into a contender. It has become obvious to everyone that follows the program that something needs to change and in this case, it is the leadership. We don't need a big name, we need a coach and staff that understand how to recruit locally and regionally. We need a staff that is driven to put the best product on the field and inspire players to believe they can achieve the ultimate team goal. Most of all, you need a staff that connects with the players on a level that they truly become a men both on and off the field. Mediocrity can not be accepted any longer, if we want to be a respected and desired by future student/athletes.

Sorry for the rant!

• Upvote 1

Some reasons to be excited:

~Receiving corps.....

~No more Mackey......

~Two young QB's that have shown at times to be capable......

~No more Mussman?

If Mussman is back I'm not following....quit.....done. I can't stand watching/listening.....uff.....

• Upvote 1

~Receiving corps.....

~No more Mackey......

~No more Mussman?

If Mussman is back I'm not following....quit.....done. I can't stand watching/listening.....uff.....

I'm not sure we have a quarterback on the roster that will be the starting qb in 2 years. Maybe, maybe not. I have not been sold on either one.

• Upvote 1

~Receiving corps.....

~No more Mackey......

~No more Mussman?

If the Patriarch of Positivity is talking like this, then you know things are bad. :p

Muss has one year left.

This is the FCS, money doesn't grow on trees. Muss will finish out his contract.

I'd have believed you until:

(a) Tom Miller of the Herald said he thinks Muss is gone (on Monday), and

(b) I could have brought close to 10,000 friends to the UNC @ UND game*

*Empty seats equal no ticket sales, no parking revenue, no concessions. Those last two impact not just UND but the Alerus Center. I'm pretty sure pressure will be brought to bear from those interests. Remember the obvious: It's about the Benjamins.