SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

When (not if) Muss is fired, should he retained as as a position coach or coordinator, or just let him be gone from the program altogether.

Yea, because that's what every new head coach wants...the former head coach reporting to him. No possible conflict there...

Scottie hazelton??

Honest question, because his name has come up multiple times as a replacement.

What makes anyone on this board think he will take the UND job if offered. He is an NDSU guy, I honestly doubt he would want to coach at UND. Could be wrong though.

What makes anyone on this board think he will take the UND job if offered. He is an NDSU guy, I honestly doubt he would want to coach at UND. Could be wrong though.

I wouldn't consider him an NDSU guy. Fuchs and Vigen, now those are NDSU guys. Did Hazelton even coach against UND at NDSU? And for those who think that makes it impossible look no further than Bo Schembechler who was an OSU guy before being the all time Michigan man.

I have no idea what job he would want, but he has coached at 6 schools not located in Fargo and played at Fort Lewis College.

This "NDSU Guy" or "UND guy" stuff is nonsense for fans to babble about.

I wouldn't consider him an NDSU guy. Fuchs and Vigen, now those are NDSU guys. Did Hazelton even coach against UND at NDSU? And for those who think that makes it impossible look no further than Bo Schembechler who was an OSU guy before being the all time Michigan man.

Hazelton is an NDSU guy, don't doubt that. Not having played for the Bison doesn't make him any less of "one of our guys".

Setting that aside for a moment though, what about the UND job would be enticing to a man who is in his position?

I have no idea what job he would want, but he has coached at 6 schools not located in Fargo and played at Fort Lewis College.

Gus Bradley is the connection to Fort Lewis, brought him on at NDSU as a GA. HIs roots lie with NDSU. Call it nonsense if you want.

Ego or ambition for being the head guy. I and most assume the replacement will make marketably more than Mussman. Maybe ndsu is the most loyal place in the world but I think most people look at job offers on an individual basis as in what's best for their career goals and what's best for the well being of their family. Case in point, this weekend we saw a former player coach against us in our marquee sport.

Ego or ambition for being the head guy. I and most assume the replacement will make marketably more than Mussman. Maybe ndsu is the most loyal place in the world but I think most people look at job offers on an individual basis as in what's best for their career goals and what's best for the well being of their family. Case in point, this weekend we saw a former player coach against us in our marquee sport.

This is part of my point. I don't see anything enticing about coming to UND as the head guy for him. It seems like an enormous step backwards, regardless of money. Where do you go from UND? He is already in a great position as a DC at a Mid level FBS school who has position coach experience at a major FBS program. Not to mention a national championship as a DC in FCS.

Just seems to me like UND wouldn't be a move in the right direction for his career.

I am just surprised to hear his name come up on this board.

You mean like Greg McDermott and Ben Jacobson?

This is part of my point. I don't see anything enticing about coming to UND as the head guy for him. It seems like an enormous step backwards, regardless of money. Where do you go from UND? He is already in a great position as a DC at a Mid level FBS school who has schoolsposition coach hasexperience at a major FBS program. Not to mention a national championship as a DC in FCS.

Just seems to me like UND wouldn't be a move in the right direction for his career.

I am just surprised to hear his name come up on this board.

That's a fair question. This board isn't a search committee but rather a wish list. The idea would be he has success here and gets his chance at fbs a la Jerry Kill. As far as FCS and the open positions UND still isn't that bad of choice for the rank despite the last few years. Talk to event promoters who do stuff for other schools. North Dakota has great support for its sports. Ask objective opinions and it's disporportionately impressive.

Right on. Bo's a good example...Dean Blais is another one. Sioux fans conveniently seem to forget where he played his college hockey.

Hazelton is an NDSU guy, don't doubt that. Not having played for the Bison doesn't make him any less of "one of our guys".

Setting that aside for a moment though, what about the UND job would be enticing to a man who is in his position?

The future is bright with the indoor facility in the immediate future with state of the art facilities. That will make it a great job for recruiting purposes. Also the young talent on the team is obvious and PJ Sparks showed last night that just because the young guys haven't been playing doesn't mean they aren't better. Also UND has no D1 success, that mean a guy can come in here and make it from scratch and leave here a legend. That has to be enticing to any coach with ambition.

The future is bright with the indoor facility in the immediate future with state of the art facilities. That will make it a great job for recruiting purposes. Also the young talent on the team is obvious and PJ Sparks showed last night that just because the young guys haven't been playing doesn't mean they aren't better. Also UND has no D1 success, that mean a guy can come in here and make it from scratch and leave here a legend. That has to be enticing to any coach with ambition.

I have to admire your optimism.

Hardin..."We never came together as a team". Think any player has said those words under Bohl's leadership?

Just saying...

Yes the year they went 3-8. That was also the year all the genuises on the chat rooms were calling to fire Bohl and all his coordinators. Dang - guess their AD doesn't listen to the chat rooms the way ours does. Not saying a change isn't needed just saying this thread continues to fuel negativity that isn't necessary. Just sayin (oh and I do beleve that all opinioins are still welcome in a chat room.)
  • Upvote 1

Yes the year they went 3-8. That was also the year all the genuises on the chat rooms were calling to fire Bohl and all his coordinators. Dang - guess their AD doesn't listen to the chat rooms the way ours does. Not saying a change isn't needed just saying this thread continues to fuel negativity that isn't necessary. Just sayin (oh and I do beleve that all opinioins are still welcome in a chat room.)

I don't think any coach can survive going 3-8 twice. Maybe at a place like Valpo but our program is better than that.

And we admire your interest in Sioux sports, isn't it time for the daily reminder of how much better FU is than UND in all facets?

Didn't you just say that ALL opinions are still welcome in a chat room right before this post?

I also didn't see any Penn State players snapping each other with towels or dancing on the sidelines during the Ohio State debacle. Just sayin'...