SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

I ask because it seems many on here have turned their back on the team because they hate the coach. I've had numerous conversations with people at UND, plus with others who have a long history with the program, knowledge of the Big Sky and experience in coaching college football since we joined the Big Sky. Since that time, the prevailing view of these people has been it will take at least until year 4 or 5 in the Big Sky for our program to get the point where we are a legitimate playoff team, year in and year out. The consenus of these people, whose opinions I value, feels there is zero chance Coach Mussman is fired. We think the UND Athletic Dept is going to stay the course, because it's the right thing to do and because firing a coach almost always sets a program back.

This post still haunts the thread. If the people green_sioux is talking about are as well connected as he makes it sound, this board may implode next week. Really curious about what is going on behind those closed doors.

This post still haunts the thread. If the people green_sioux is talking about are as well connected as he makes it sound, this board may implode next week. Really curious about what is going on behind those closed doors.

I won't implode. It'll be pretty tough to care though. If the mussman era has a theme song its build me buttercup. I'm not gonna get builtup to be let down again. I let it affect my mood too many Saturdays this year. I'll just kinda be over und football for a while. Fool meonce....

I won't implode. It'll be pretty tough to care though. If the mussman era has a theme song its build me buttercup. I'm not gonna get builtup to be let down again. I let it affect my mood too many Saturdays this year. I'll just kinda be over und football for a while. Fool meonce....

This makes a buyout cheaper in the long run than maintaining the status quo. The vision of a sub 6,000 Potato Bowl attendance figure should make Faison and Kelley think twice about keeping Mussman on board.

Wayne Nelson tweeted a picture of Muss leaving the field tonight. His head was buried in his hand. I think he's done and I think he knows it. I know Faison makes every trip with the football team but the fact that Kelly made the trip also makes me hope that there was a lot of discussion about what needs to be done on Monday.

I talked to someone within the AD at the hockey game last night...he said he "wouldn't want to be in Muss's shoes right now"!

Said issues are no organization and little preparation and discipline within the FB program. Did say Muss was a "great guy" though...for what that's worth.

By noon tomorrow it should all be over, either Mussman is fired or UND football is sunk for next year.

I just hope Faison doesn't rush out and just hire someone for the sake of getting a warm body in the position. If it takes until the second week of January so be it. This is going to be a long term project and we'll only get one shot at doing it right. And another thing, get rid of the coordinators too. It's time to start completely over with a blank sheet of paper.

If we have a coach in 2 weeks, it means Faison promoted from within. We need someone who has HC D1 experience. Anything less will just be rolling the dice.

By noon tomorrow it should all be over, either Mussman is fired or UND football is sunk for next year.

I just hope Faison doesn't rush out and just hire someone for the sake of getting a warm body in the position. If it takes until the second week of January so be it. This is going to be a long term project and we'll only get one shot at doing it right. And another thing, get rid of the coordinators too. It's time to start completely over with a blank sheet of paper.

If we have a coach in 2 weeks, it means Faison promoted from within. We need someone who has HC D1 experience. Anything less will just be rolling the dice.

Disagree that we need someone with D1 experience and that this is a long term project.