SiouxSports.com Forum

2011-12 Season

UND Fan

Take note of the time of the game that he decided to try showing off as well. UND was up big and it was early in the 2nd half. He likely thought that he should've been given free reign to "showcase" his abilities instead of just continuing on with what was working in the first half. I really think it was a planned thing of his coming out of the lockerroom which just shows the kind of attitude and "get mine" approach to the game that is far too prevalent, not just a Huff thing.

He plays within the gameplan and along with his teammates, he can be absolutely amazing and a very dynamic player. But he can't constantly try to force things and think that he's far superior to everyone else. Team defense will almost always shut down a single player and that has happened over and over this year and yet he won't learn. Hopefully his teammates can help him figure it out as well as try to get him to reason things out and stay.

I find it pretty amazing what today's opponent Utah Valley has accomplished the past two seasons, despite 1) still facing an uphill battle to gain admission into an autobid conference; 2) being probably the least prominent of Utah's six dI schools; and 3) having to deal with the challenge of trying to recruit at least some non-Mormons to an area which is very much Mormon. Hunsaker deserves a lot of credit for winning roughly 40 games the past two seasons.

No doubt Utah Valley has done an amazing job the last couple of years. We've lost to them the last 3 times but honestly we should have beaten them each and every time. Today we will finally hang on to a win against them on SENIOR day and send Micthell and Mathison away with a big victory and a 13-1 home record for this year. Go Seniors and go Sioux.

• Upvote 1

March madness update:

Big South champs-UNC-Ashville

Ohio Valley champs- Murray State

That Murray State-Tennessee State game was a doozy. All the bubble teams have to have sighed with relief when the Racers pulled that one out. Murray State has a decent shot at a 4 seed or so, which is remarkable. This year has really shown the parity that exists in college basketball. Really hope we put the right resources into the program, as there is not reason UND can't achieve that kind of success. Would love to see Phil Jackson get more involved, and perhaps now in retirement that will be possible.

That Murray State-Tennessee State game was a doozy. All the bubble teams have to have sighed with relief when the Racers pulled that one out. Murray State has a decent shot at a 4 seed or so, which is remarkable. This year has really shown the parity that exists in college basketball. Really hope we put the right resources into the program, as there is not reason UND can't achieve that kind of success. Would love to see Phil Jackson get more involved, and perhaps now in retirement that will be possible.

Phil Jackson Court @ the Ralph Engelstad Arena / Betty Engelstad Arena

P.S. I started a game thread for the UVU game.

SDSU just won the summit tournament. They are dancing. Montana won the big sky regular season. That 2 huge wins we had this year. It proves we can play with teams that are dancing. Add some down low help and we have potential to dance ourselves. Go sioux

hey kopack/izzo/all annoying bison/ncc 2.1 fans?

ncc2.1 one bid--14th seed

big sky conference one bid --13th seed

with all that smack comin from sioux falls/fargo u would think this might shut them up for the rest of the year. hopefully.

good luck to the griz

• Upvote 1

hey kopack/izzo/all annoying bison/ncc 2.1 fans?

ncc2.1 one bid--14th seed

big sky conference one bid --13th seed

with all that smack comin from sioux falls/fargo u would think this might shut them up for the rest of the year. hopefully.

good luck to the griz

Oral Roberts had zero chance of getting in the tournament.  I don't know where they come up with this stuff, complete lunacy.  If Drexel and Mississippi State weren't getting in, neither was Oral Boberts.Also, Oral is a #4 seed in the NIT tourney. That tells me there was 12 teams rated higher than them in the NIT.

Oral Roberts had zero chance of getting in the tournament. I don't know where they come up with this stuff, complete lunacy. If Drexel and Mississippi State weren't getting in, neither was Oral Boberts.Also, Oral is a #4 seed in the NIT tourney. That tells me there was 12 teams rated higher than them in the NIT.

Yep it was completely ridiculous...

For the first time, the committee released the seeding, from 1 to 68. It also listed the first six teams left out: Drexel, Miami, Mississippi State, Nevada, Oral Roberts and Seton Hall.

http://www.nj.com/se...aa_tournam.html

Yep the talk of ORU making the field was complete lunacy.....

Committee chair Jeff Hathaway said Oral Roberts was the first team left out, which means the Summit League champs can blame Saint Bonaventure winning Sunday's A-10 tournament title game for their absence. That made the A-10 a four-bid league and robbed Oral Roberts of its spot in the field. The Golden Eagles probably feel they too had a stronger case than Iona considering their gaudy record and quality win over Xavier, but that victory came while the Musketeers were shorthanded. It was also the only noteworthy non-league win Oral Roberts can boast.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/drexel-headlines-list-biggest-ncaa-tournament-snubs-235101188.html

Our final RPI is 242, which is considerably higher than last year. As of yet we do not have as many wins as last year but with the stronger schedule I'd say we did improve alittle. We had big wins over SDSU(rpi 43) and Montana (rpi 74) but had horrible road losses to Bradley, UMKC, Texas Pan Am and Houston Baptist. All of these teams have RPI's in the 300+ range. Hopefully we get a few more wins but if not, based on numbers we have had a better year than last year. We will however need to make an even bigger improvement for next year to advance to post season play. Go Sioux

Our final RPI is 242, which is considerably higher than last year. As of yet we do not have as many wins as last year but with the stronger schedule I'd say we did improve alittle. We had big wins over SDSU(rpi 43) and Montana (rpi 74) but had horrible road losses to Bradley, UMKC, Texas Pan Am and Houston Baptist. All of these teams have RPI's in the 300+ range. Hopefully we get a few more wins but if not, based on numbers we have had a better year than last year. We will however need to make an even bigger improvement for next year to advance to post season play. Go Sioux

Don't forget a big win over #184....NDSU (another tournament team..the CBI).

Yep it was completely ridiculous...

http://www.nj.com/se...aa_tournam.html

Yep the talk of ORU making the field was complete lunacy.....

http://sports.yahoo....-235101188.html

Like a good politician I'm sure Hathaway will always say that "whatever person is in front of me asking me questions team" was the first one out to make those particular fans feel like they were just about good enough to get in. But weren't.

It looks like ORU was one of the last four out of the tournament. They had a very nice team. Best of luck to ORU as they move to the Southland.

What a winter season for the UND:

W-Basketball - GW Champ and postseason bid

M-Basketball - GW Champ and postseason bid

M-Hockey - WCHA 5 final five trip and pending NCAA bid

W-Hockey - First NCAA bid in program history and hometown canidate for Patty Kazmaier Award for best female collegiate hockey player.

• Upvote 2

He even looks like a politician. I'm sure he said what he had to on tv-- "you had a fantastic year but you were the first one out...sorry!" When in his head he was screaming "You play in the f-ing Summit League. 17 of your wins came from teams named iupiiu, uifpufw, umkcc, and northwestern illinois for christs sake!! We wouldn't have invited you even if you had 30 wins!!! Hahahahahahmuah."

He even looks like a politician. I'm sure he said what he had to on tv-- "you had a fantastic year but you were the first one out...sorry!" When in his head he was screaming "You play in the f-ing Summit League. 17 of your wins came from teams named iupiiu, uifpufw, umkcc, and northwestern illinois for christs sake!! We wouldn't have invited you even if you had 30 wins!!! Hahahahahahmuah."

It is obvious that you do not like the Summit League or NDSU for that matter. Just so you know, I don't like either as well. But it is also obvious that Oral Roberts had a very good team this year...............

The Summit League is pretty bad, only half of the conference is in some kind of postseason tournament and the league has an RPI right between the CAA and MAC. Yep it's pretty pathetic, I'm sure the committee that spends hours upon hours of watching basketball just put ORU in the last four out for kicks.

With Oral Roberts bolting out of the Summit the RPI in the future for the Summit will take a major hit. Some people are even worrying about Oakland leaving the Siummit. If they left too the Summit RPI in the future won't be very impressive.

With Oral Roberts bolting out of the Summit the RPI in the future for the Summit will take a major hit. Some people are even worrying about Oakland leaving the Siummit. If they left too the Summit RPI in the future won't be very impressive.

While this might be true, it doesn't change the fact that there was some good basketball being played in the Summit this year.

Yah but some fans of some schools like being in a weak conference it makes it easier for them to make the tournement.