SiouxSports.com Forum

2011-12 Season

UND Fan

Sorry but 21 turnovers does not sound like a coaching issue, that sounds like a player issue. Simply inexcusable either at home or on the road.

Another note while listening to the game, as attrocious as we sounded with turnovers and free throws, the officiating sounded pretty terrible as well.

Sorry but 21 turnovers does not sound like a coaching issue, that sounds like a player issue. Simply inexcusable either at home or on the road.

Another note while listening to the game, as attrocious as we sounded with turnovers and free throws, the officiating sounded pretty terrible as well.

Agree, 18 turnovers by our starters is not going to win many or any games. As early as the league play is this one may have done us in. We are now 2 games behind Utah Valley with only 6 games to go. Dont see anyone beating Utah Valley except us at home. Very disappointing loss. Huff and Allard played well offensively while Anderson, Mitchell and Schuler struggled . Webb has got to start cutting down on his turnovers and play smarter with the ball. The regular season is in trouble but we have time to straighten things out for the league tournament.

UND loses another close one on the road, 69-62. I'm sure they are quite frustrated.

At this point, considering the opponent, that's actually quite embarassing to me.

I'm very disappointed with the fact that it is now February and we still don't have a road win.

Inconsistency is one thing......................ineptitude is an entirely different story in my book.

It is starting to look like the wins against Montana, SDSU, and NDSU were flukes.................

I was at the game and UND really didn't play well for large chunks of the game but one official really screwed them tonight as well. I still can't figure out the techs, and on one play he watched the HBU player catch the ball with his foot planted well out of bounds and didn't blow the whistle. I don't know who the guy is but he shouldn't work a basketball game ever again, it was brutal.

Tonight was definitely a "must win"...... Im not sure if what it is with our turnovers. I believe Huff had 4, Anderson 5, Webb 6....our guards have to protect the ball better. Free throw shooting is killing us as well. This isn't a coaching issue. He has them shoot tons of free throws in practice and shoot around, so they have to start making them count in the game....I still believe we will win the conference tourney. Texas Pan Am Saturday, let's get the W guys. Please!

Tonight was definitely a "must win"...... Im not sure if what it is with our turnovers. I believe Huff had 4, Anderson 5, Webb 6....our guards have to protect the ball better. Free throw shooting is killing us as well. This isn't a coaching issue. He has them shoot tons of free throws in practice and shoot around, so they have to start making them count in the game....I still believe we will win the conference tourney. Texas Pan Am Saturday, let's get the W guys. Please!

Given the choice of the conference regular season or the conference tournament I would rather us win the conference tournament so we can move on and play in the CIT. Prior to now I was definately wanting both but its not looking so good for the regular season crown. Saturdays game is going to be even tougher than last nights since it appears Texas Pan American is a better team than Houston Baptist. At least we can watch this game on the webcast. I dont think we can do worse but who knows with this team when it comes to road games. Lets go Sioux and start a road winning streak.

I don't want to belabor the point much more regarding UND's terrible road record under Coach Jones, so I'll just let the numbers speak for themselves:

15-59 (.203)--overall road record in nearly six full seasons

And once you consider that the majority of those road wins were either against low-level DAC/NSIC teams during the dII years, and Great West teams who likely won't be on the schedule after this year, you can't help but wonder about the likelihood of improvement in the coming years as the schedule gets more difficult.

I don't want to belabor the point much more regarding UND's terrible road record under Coach Jones, so I'll just let the numbers speak for themselves:

15-59 (.203)--overall road record in nearly six full seasons

And once you consider that the majority of those road wins were either against low-level DAC/NSIC teams during the dII years, and Great West teams who likely won't be on the schedule after this year, you can't help but wonder about the likelihood of improvement in the coming years as the schedule gets more difficult.

Ouch, that is bad. Its got to be alot more than just the coach. I'm sure they prepare for their opponent exactly the same whether it's at home or on the road. They generally win at home and as we all know lose on the road. Doesn't make sense. Maybe each player should take something from their house or apartment with them on the road and pretend they are at home, like a teddy bear or something. Whatever it is or whatever they are doing it needs to change. Like you said, next year and beyound will be tougher. Greenteam, always like to read your ideas, whats your thoughts about our troubles on the road or causes for all the losses? Go Sioux

Absolutely pathetic.

You got that right. Time to mix things up on the road. Players and COACHES need to know who should shoot what shot. Not going to mention any names but our worst three point shooter has missed his last 18 3's but still shoots them and they aren't even close. Its the players and the coaches faults for taking shots they cannot make on a consistant basis. Defense was not as good tonight. Next year we need to schedule all non league games at HOME sweet HOME. How many times does a team make a shot on us when the clock is winding down to 0 and they throw up a 3 and it goes in. Unbelievable. Oh well only 4 more road games and we are back home. Go Sioux