SiouxSports.com Forum

New Nickname

ShilohSioux

319 members have voted

1. 1. What name should replace "Fighting Sioux" after it's retired?

• Aviators or Pilots
    • Cavalry
    • Nodaks
    • Nokotas
    • Norse, Nordics, Fighting Norsemen
    • Outlaws
    • Plainsmen
    • Rangers
    • Rough Riders
    • Other

I hope I'm gone by then

(Assuming you're male ... )

Are you married?

Did your wife take your last name after marrying you?

Did you love her less after she {gasp!} changed her name?

Or, were the fundamentals that initially attracted you still there, just renamed.

• Upvote 3

So we are gonna drop the indian head logo for a logo of teddy roosevelt who once said--- "I don't go so far as to think that the only good Indians are dead Indians, but I believe nine out of ten are, and I shouldn't like to inquire too closely into the case of the tenth."

makes sense to me

Ok, lets be honest, that quote is pretty funny. Ethnically charged jokes and statements are always good for a laugh. Especially when the man saying it is dead serious.....oh and has his face on Mount Rushmore....and has a musical in Medora that is kinda about him..and a National Park.

So we are gonna drop the indian head logo for a logo of teddy roosevelt who once said--- "I don't go so far as to think that the only good Indians are dead Indians, but I believe nine out of ten are, and I shouldn't like to inquire too closely into the case of the tenth."

makes sense to me

Now it would be the only good Indian is a logo supporter. Considering the comments that are made about the supporters and the anti-logo ones this would be a true statement.

• 2 weeks later...

For the hockey jerseys instead of Sioux put DAKOTA and then the interlocking ND where the Indian head logo was. And for football and basketball just have DAKOTA. If N. Carolina and S. Carolina can have just Carolina why can't we have just DAKOTA!!

most of our people dont care about und or the nickname, so please drop it. and if you are going to drop the name, drop it for EVERYTHING!

chants, clothes, logo's all must go for us to be satisfied.

First off, you're not fooling anybody Lakes. Second, the Sioux logo won't be apart of the university or on licensed merchandise but it will most certainly always be in the chants. It's called the freedom of speech and neither you or the NCAA can ever take that away from us.

Sioux lighting up the home floors and stadiums since being told the name is being retired. THE SIOUX will always remain CHAMPIONS in football and volleyball. I hope the same will be said about the guys basketball team after this year as well as the wemans team.