SiouxSports.com Forum

New Nickname

ShilohSioux

319 members have voted

1. 1. What name should replace "Fighting Sioux" after it's retired?

• Aviators or Pilots
    • Cavalry
    • Nodaks
    • Nokotas
    • Norse, Nordics, Fighting Norsemen
    • Outlaws
    • Plainsmen
    • Rangers
    • Rough Riders
    • Other

Didnt know where to put this.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item336e06d13a

Anyone remember this jersey? Is it a UND jersey? Didn't know UND ever branded as Nodak.

No way this is a UND jersey. It is green and yellow. No way would a UND team have those colors on any jersey. I doubt it is an NDSU jersey either. Neither school ever ever went by Nodak. Probably some old city league jersey some guy is trying to make money off of pushing it as a former UND jersey. Lame!!

No way this is a UND jersey. It is green and yellow. No way would a UND team have those colors on any jersey. I doubt it is an NDSU jersey either. Neither school ever ever went by Nodak. Probably some old city league jersey some guy is trying to make money off of pushing it as a former UND jersey. Lame!!

UND did put Nodaks on BB uniforms back in the 20s or 30's..... http://forum.siouxsp...post__p__396915

The ebay uniform looks like a cheesy 1970s NDSU uniform, but I don't recall them using Nodak.

Lucky for us, if we all hate the new name with a passion our legislators will step in and remove it for us. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the university administration couldn't be bullied into just being referred to as North Dakota. I'm not sure I could ever accept another nickname and logo, I would rather go without.

• Upvote 1

Its President Kelly, a dartboard full of names, and 1 dart. :lol:

That won't be it. I expect some contrived process where various aggrieved groups (aka the Cabal of Victimhood) participate in the process along with students, fans, and alumni, as "equal partners" but the Cabal will have veto power as well. (Think about it: " ... the pigs are more equal ... " -- George Orwell)

If you've never seen the campy, so-so movie "PCU" watch that and you'll see how the process will work. The cause-heads will be out in force.

• Upvote 2

The problem with that is they could choose the best nickname on the planet and people here will absolutely hate it, we should at least wait 6-10 years before moving on. Look at Ole Miss, they gave hardcore supporters an appropriate amount of time to grieve before beginning the search for a replacement. I wish there were someway to change the Sioux logo for all sports with the exception of men's hockey (that's where it will hurt the most to see it's absence)

Huh? The mascot Colonel Reb may have been changed to Rebel Black Bear, but the Ole Miss nickname is still "Rebels."

i think the petition should be for und to mandate a new nickname be put to popular vote.

What could go wrong giving a voice to those that don't really care or even worse, those that would love to see something that is easily ridiculed put in place (i.e. our friends to the south).

This possible nickname is what should've happened when Myles Brand came up with this "catalyst for social change" agenda at the NCAA.

It should've happened: Fire Brand.

And there's the new moniker to "toss the bird" to the NCAA: Firebrand.

fire·brand

1. a person who kindles strife or encourages unrest; an agitator; troublemaker.

2. a burning stick carried by somebody as a torch or a weapon

• Upvote 1

What could go wrong giving a voice to those that don't really care or even worse, those that would love to see something that is easily ridiculed put in place (i.e. our friends to the south).

Show your UND ID you get to vote. but unfortunately that will never happen it will be a small group of people in a room picking the future tradition of The University of North Dakota.

It will be a corny name and totally PC like "Force" or "Spirit." Then lot of UND fans will bitch about the fact afterwards yet none of them took a proactive approach to help determine the new nickname.

• 3 weeks later...

This possible nickname is what should've happened when Myles Brand came up with this "catalyst for social change" agenda at the NCAA.

It should've happened: Fire Brand.

And there's the new moniker to "toss the bird" to the NCAA: Firebrand.

fire·brand

1. a person who kindles strife or encourages unrest; an agitator; troublemaker.

2. a burning stick carried by somebody as a torch or a weapon

That's pretty good. I'd be all for it if he was still the top guy, and alive.

I'm hoping it's still a good message to the "devilish" head master of where I hope Mr. Brand currently resides. (There! I said it. So what.)

With the "Sioux Crew" changing its name to "Nodak Nation", how about The University of North Dakota Nodaks? Keep the interlocking ND as the logo and incorporate the name "Nodaks" in script for the jerseys. This may have been mentioned before, but its a thought.

Nodaks was UND's unofficial nickname back in the 1920's and even when called the Flickertails people still called UND the Nodaks.