SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

Yes it's a Thursday night but last year it was an exhibition game vs SD Mines (no counter) this year it's Valpo a DI team that counts towards playoffs so it will be a good crowd. Then you have SDSU so it will be 11-12k at least.

I have no idea how many people tailgate at NDSU games, I just know it's a lot.

I am not saying it's true, because I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if more people tailgated than went to the games. I know of many, many people who tailgate with no plans of going to the game.

Yes it's a Thursday night but last year it was an exhibition game vs SD Mines (no counter) this year it's Valpo a DI team that counts towards playoffs so it will be a good crowd. Then you have SDSU so it will be 11-12k at least.

I'll bet UND getes about 8-9 for the Valpo game. Thursday nights are not conducive for good crowds.

I have no idea how many people tailgate at NDSU games, I just know it's a lot.

I am not saying it's true, because I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if more people tailgated than went to the games. I know of many, many people who tailgate with no plans of going to the game.

I know you and others like to slam UND football attendance ( its not like it was back in the DII days) but will NDSU pack the dome against FSU? If they pan the crowd will they be dressed like blue seats?

I know you and others like to slam UND football attendance ( its not like it was back in the DII days) but will NDSU pack the dome against FSU? If they pan the crowd will they be dressed like blue seats?

It will be sold out, whether or not all those people come to the game is another story.

Edit: My guess is it will be packed. Raising a banner tends to bring people out.

That brings up the old question...what else is there to do in Grand Forks?

I would say being it's a Thursday night game, it's more about people having to travel than it is what else there is to do.

Yes. The game should be pretty dang full. People wanna see the banner raising and all that.

That brings up the old question...what else is there to do in Grand Forks?

Absolutely nothing. But I can't imagine my out of towners showing up.

:lol:

I'm sorry, I'm just picturing an inanimate object with a gun to your head while you type on your keyboard.

Actually it was a gun and he had a National Championship ring on his finger. I think his name was Travis. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Actually it was a gun and he had a National Championship ring on his finger. I think his name was Travis. :lol:

Wonder who that'd be, we have a Travis on our football team but he would be wearing two rings so it definitely wasn't him!

• Upvote 1

Wonder who that'd be, we have a Travis on our football team but he would be wearing two rings so it definitely wasn't him!

His second ring was lodged in the head of some guy he put in a coma, completely unprovoked :devil:

That's a foolish estimate and you're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you actually expect 12,000 people to be there. I know SDSU is a good draw and all us die hards on a message board are really excited about it but we rarely broke 11,000 in our big D2 days. I'm optimistic that will be the first time we break 10,000 in far too long but 11-12k is absolutely a fantasy.

That's a foolish estimate and you're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you actually expect 12,000 people to be there. I know SDSU is a good draw and all us die hards on a message board are really excited about it but we rarely broke 11,000 in our big D2 days. I'm optimistic that will be the first time we break 10,000 in far too long but 11-12k is absolutely a fantasy.

How about SDSU fans how many of them will be there. Brookings isn't too far away.

How about SDSU fans how many of them will be there. Brookings isn't too far away.

SDSU won't bring more fans than Montana did last year and they didn't have a significant impact. For a little perspective, the last time SDSU came up to Grand Forks we only drew 9100. That was in our first year in a brand new stadium and with a national championship team on the field. I'd be shocked if we get any more than 10,500 but that'd be a pretty solid number considering the state of our attendance the last few years.

Been catching up a bit on my research, sharpening my pencil a bit...turns out NDSU would very likely be the third best team in the PAC-12 this season and would likely be in line for a New Year's Day bowl of sorts. Sounds like a bodybag game to me with very little payout...UND should just stay away for the foreseeable future. ;)

Great like those egos need feeding. The reality is UND has one of the best football schedules in the division we are just a few years into being on a level playing field as far as recruiting - having come out of transition. Really not much upside to adding FU to a schedule that is already the best in the region - no DIIs here.

• Upvote 1

Great like those egos need feeding. The reality is UND has one of the best football schedules in the division we are just a few years into being on a level playing field as far as recruiting - having come out of transition. Really not much upside to adding FU to a schedule that is already the best in the region - no DIIs here.

Had a chance to run some analytics over lunch against the database...with some rather disturbing findings. It's highly probable that NDSU would dispatch of UCLA in Pasadena and ASU in Tempe with relative ease. ???;)

• Upvote 1