SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

Had a chance to run some analytics over lunch against the database...with some rather disturbing findings. It's highly probable that NDSU would dispatch of UCLA in Pasadena and ASU in Tempe with relative ease. ???;)

I am sure those stats should have said NDSU would've beaten Indiana State at the dome too but we all know who won that game. That's why the games are played...stats doesn't win the games.

I am sure those stats should have said NDSU would've beaten Indiana State at the dome too but we all know who won that game. That's why the games are played...stats doesn't win the games.

You would have done poorly in statistics I presume.

Darrell, I can assure you the information is quite reliable. The data has been scanned for quality and integrity and is hosted through a state of the art technology incubator located in the Upper Midwest.

So why play the games when you can just go by the stats.

Because there are such things as outliers. They are rare but they happen. They have very little value in the overall scheme of things though.

Darrell, I can assure you the information is quite reliable. The data has been scanned for quality and integrity and is hosted through a state of the art technology incubator located in the Upper Midwest.

There is no doubt

There is no doubt

They put themselves on the map as the definitive source of college football recruiting data. Some of the elite football minds in the country were involved in the research. They are now expanding their reach into predictive analytics, specifically as it relates to FCS football and scenario and what-if analysis of FCS and FBS football. ;)

They put themselves on the map as the definitive source of college football recruiting data. Some of the elite football minds in the country were involved in the research. They are now expanding their reach into predictive analytics, specifically as it relates to FCS football and scenario and what-if analysis of FCS and FBS football. ;)

FU could beat the 49'ers. They would have had to take the Ravens to OT only to lose on a bad call..

• 2 months later...

Sorry to bump this thread but a Bison fan posted this on AGS. I find it hilarious. Please no drinking while reading it or your monitor will pay the price.

http://www.anygivens...esidents/page10

Ibleedyellow:

Just going to put this out there NDSU fans.

We currently are HERE: http://sports.espn.g...=ncf&id=9693969 with ESPN GAMEDAY coming to us.

ESPN Talking about our ten year of success WITHOUT UN_ AT ALL!

We can keep going on the path we are, or we can play UN_.

Take your pick.

Bison fans didn't like it when I asked the question, "So playing UND will crush your success"

There you have it folks, if NDSU plays UND their reign on top of the FCS world will come down in flames. Never thought I would hear it from a Bison fan's mouth.

Sorry to bump this thread but a Bison fan posted this on AGS. I find it hilarious. Please no drinking while reading it or your monitor will pay the price.

http://www.anygivens...esidents/page10

Ibleedyellow:

Bison fans didn't like it when I asked the question, "So playing UND will crush your success"

There you have it folks, if NDSU plays UND their reign on top of the FCS world will come down in flames. Never thought I would hear it from a Bison fan's mouth.

They haven't moved on, they just remember the magic numbers...

62-45-3...

I would have to think that they may be...

happy-chicken.png

I really don't want to play you and don't care if we ever do. It does bother me when they are spewing that can't get games because teams are afraid of them. Talk about a wet dream.

Bingo!! Last two years FU had teams back out and then we hear from fans no one will play us. Bunch of crap. I also love the we can't do a home and home with UND cause we cannot afford to lose a home game, but yet coming up is a home and home with Montana. Is NDSU going to backout so they don't "lose a home game".

Faison has a whole lot more to worry about than playing NDSU right now. When the economics make sense for both schools it will possibly happen.....but that likely won't be for a while. NDSUU is not going to give up a home gate to play in GF.

Just in Missoula right.

I heard from the parents of an SU player that they can't get games this year because nobody will play them. I guess they should have looked 75 miles north.

If UND wants to come in, get used and abused, take their money and leave without expecting anything else...I bet Gene would be more than happy to play UND.

Just in Missoula right.

Marquee FCS showdown. A game against UND? Not in the slightest right now.

Unfortunately, I think Ryan's assessment is "right on"!!

For now.

Just give it a couple of years.

If the University of Agriculture and Applied Science's football team wins their 3rd straight tier II championship, which they should, Bohl is gone.

Of course, their pee-yellow t shirt wearing drunken fans will say, "He signed through 2020! He's not leaving!"

bwahahaahahah!

Yeah, if Nebraska fires Pelini, that contract would be bought out within 10 minutes of alerting their alumni. The pee yellow t shirt wearing drunken fans are totally clueless about the money involved at the elite level of college football. They'll buy out Bohl's contract also (Peanuts at the elite college football level) and give him 2-3 million a year. He'll sign that contract and bail on Fargo in a heartbeat. I wouldn't blame him at all. It's a chance to win with a program that has everything going for it at the highest level of college sports. It's his alma mater. It's the school of his mentor. With a guarantee of 5 years of that kind of money, he has no worries about money ever again.

Yeah, compete with that Ag College. You can't.and you won't.

Better enjoy it this season. Because things could change. Like someone very wise said here, it's never as good as you think, but on the other hand it's never as bad. So, when the crash comes, it might be time to consider either going back to being a good FCS program, and not dominating year after year, and maybe winning once in a while, or moving up to a lesser FBS conference.

A new take from Ryan Bakken: Face it, NDSU doesn’t need UND

http://www.grandfork...icle/id/273703/

Until FU has scheduling problems and look for UND for a game (which always seem not to work). UND is in FU's interest since you need a DI game, and the rest of the 100+ FCS teams are "scared" to play at the dome.