SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

Until FU has scheduling problems and look for UND for a game (which always seem not to work). UND is in FU's interest since you need a DI game, and the rest of the 100+ FCS teams are "scared" to play at the dome.

I think there are two reasons they avoid UND. (Being Mr. Obvious here.)

1. They can fill the stadium with any team right now. They would prefer a Delaware State to a UND, because they don't have to sign home and home agreements with schools like Delaware State. It's better business.

2. Playing UND gives recognition to UND as an "equal" of some sort, maybe not in the level of play, but the level of being an FCS school in the same state. Especially since that agreement would probably have to come with a home and home contract. That probably would hurt recruiting the take some of the focus away from NDSU in football, especially if the game were close or if the would *choke* lose...

1. They can fill the stadium with any team right now. They would prefer a Delaware State to a UND, because they don't have to sign home and home agreements with schools like Delaware State. It's better business.

2. Playing UND gives recognition to UND as an "equal" of some sort, maybe not in the level of play, but the level of being an FCS school in the same state. Especially since that agreement would probably have to come with a home and home contract. That probably would hurt recruiting the take some of the focus away from NDSU in football, especially if the game were close or if the would *choke* lose...

Brilliant ;)

Any other things you can enlighten us with that's been ovbious to everyone for some time now? Keep trying though

Every fan of the University of Agriculture and Applied Science looks like they peed on their t-shirt.

That's pretty obvious, don't you think?

:lol:

shoudn't it be pink with envy? ???

Well, the only time I remember that the flagship university of the state of North Dakota, UND, used pink (The color of the prarie rose, our state flower) in athletics was with the sale of special uniform tops and t-shirts to raise money for breast cancer research. As does the Ag School.

Vintage1_WP-254x203.jpg

Myself, I find that very admirable.

Better that than football players showing their junk to young ladies in malls. Or stealing electronics from Best Buy. Or violating the law by forging signatures on petitions. Or beating someone sensless in an alley outside of a bar.

But, those are things that the fans of the University of Agriculture and Applied Science football team seem to support.

Or, what I like to now call "Pee Yellow Pride!"

(God, you're really not good at this...note the lack of a question mark..)

Well, the only time I remember that the flagship university of the state of North Dakota, UND, used pink (The color of the prarie rose, our state flower) in athletics was with the sale of special uniform tops and t-shirts to raise money for breast cancer research. As does the Ag School.

Vintage1_WP-254x203.jpg

Myself, I find that very admirable.

Better that than football players showing their junk to young ladies in malls. Or stealing electronics from Best Buy. Or violating the law by forging signatures on petitions. Or beating someone sensless in an alley outside of a bar.

But, those are things that the fans of the University of Agriculture and Applied Science football team seem to support.

Or, what I like to now call "Pee Yellow Pride!"

(God, you're really not good at this...note the lack of a question mark..)

You really aren't either. It was about the color of your pink angry face when you discuss NDSU. You should leave God out of it though :)

Did you steal the bisonville talking points?

A new take from Ryan Bakken: Face it, NDSU doesn’t need UND

http://www.grandfork...icle/id/273703/

Of course, this is the same person who, when we was with the sports division of the Heraldo, used to pick against UND all the time. If Bakken had been accurate, the team would have finished 3-8 or 2-9 year after year. :silly::p

Having said that, I guess I am not all that anxious about it. It will happen when it happens. It probably will happen in the playoffs before it happens in the regular season.

My response to Bakken is this: Face it, not all UND fans are obsessed with playing FU again. I am one of those fans.

Oh that makes me so sad...... for your wife

I know, she actually feels badly for you. And wondered why your parents don't take away your internet privileges if you are going to go around trying to fight people online.

Wait, I feel sad for you too.