SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Hockey 2011-2012

brianvf

I'm not sure I understand why Dell continues to get the bulk of the starts at this point in the season. If you look at the statistics, if Eidsness had enough minutes to qualify, he'd be among the top 10-15 statistically in the nation. I think Eidsness has at least earned the right to split starts, and I'm not sure Dell has done enough to warrant being the every-game guy.

Dell was an All-American last season and has a better skill set and talent than BE. Problem is he hasn't played that way this year. When Dell is on, UND is almost unbeatable. BE can be very good, but seems to consistantly allow a softie...or 2. Tough call at this point as Dell hasn't asserted himself as the clear cut #1 guy with his inconsistant play at times.

I'm not sure I understand why Dell continues to get the bulk of the starts at this point in the season. If you look at the statistics, if Eidsness had enough minutes to qualify, he'd be among the top 10-15 statistically in the nation. I think Eidsness has at least earned the right to split starts, and I'm not sure Dell has done enough to warrant being the every-game guy.

I say ya ride Eids while he is hot. When he is on which he is right now he is a damn good goalie. I would be a bit shocked if he doesn't start friday.
  • Upvote 1

I do beleive that I am right in making this statement. The rest of the games from this point forward will televised (at least on midco). I notiticed that NBCSports is carrying the friday denver game and fcsc is carrying the sat denver game. I am so excited. Now if UND can win all six we will be solid.

I second that motion. Eids is the only reason we were in that game at the end. He helped calmed the team down.

7 PP by UMD in the 1st 23 minutes of the game and 2 of those were 5x3. Not short changing what BE did in basically 2 periods but Dell was razor sharp Friday and then got caught in a tornado with all the penalties on Sat.

IMO if we have to win one game, I play Dell. And from here on out it is basically a one game season every game as UND really can't afford any more losses. Has BE deserved a shot...probably. Tough call for Hak, but come Friday night vs. Tech, I would prefer to see Dell.

I do beleive that I am right in making this statement. The rest of the games from this point forward will televised (at least on midco). I notiticed that NBCSports is carrying the friday denver game and fcsc is carrying the sat denver game. I am so excited. Now if UND can win all six we will be solid.

What is fcsc?

• 2 weeks later...

Here is where I see the WCHA finishing after next weekends games.

1. UM

2. UMD

3. Denver

4. UND

5. CC

6. UNO

7. SCSU

8. Tech

9. BSU

10. Wisconsin

11. Mankato

12. AA

That sets up:

AA @ Minnesota........Minnesota wins that one

Mankato @ Duluth.....Duluth in two.

Wisconsin @ Denver....makes for interesting hockey....but Denver

BSU @ UND....UND matches up well with BSU....got to go with UND

Tech @ CC....These teams could possibly be playing two weekends in a row.....I'll give the edge to CC over a much improved Tech

SCSU @ UNO....Toss up. Mike Lee would be the key player in the series.

So the Final Five would be: UND vs. CC, winner to face Minnesota. Denver vs. UNO/SCSU, winner to face Duluth.

I'm hoping that Goldy sweeps Wisconsin and that Bemidji gets a win at Anchorage. Wisconsin is a better team than Bemidji, and they played two tough games with UND in Grand Forks.

UND could move up to third with a UNO sweep over Denver, and a UND Sweep, but I don't think thats going to happen. UND does matchup better with Duluth than Goldy, but at this point in the season, just making the F5 would be ideal.

U still having a fit over the nickname goon?

Since when was I complaining about the Fighting Sioux nickname? I would like to see where I was having a fit. I like most are ready to be done with the argument because of the damage it will do to the University if UND keeps the name.

FYI, WCHA First Round Playoff Tickets go on sale Tuesday at 10 am CST

Series ticket packages are $40 for adults, $20 for youth and $14 for UND students.

Single-game WCHA first-round playoff tickets will go one sale on Tuesday, March 6 at 10 a.m. Single-game tickets are $20 for adults, $10 for youth and $7 for UND students. Single-game tickets are subject to availability.

http://www.fightingsioux.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=205388009

Not sure what thread to put this in, so I put it in here. There was a story posted in the NY Times today about how USA Hockey and Hockey Canada are going to push to ban fighting on all levels that aren't considered professional, this does include the Major Juniors. I fully agree with this, as I personally don't think fighting needs to be allowed below professional level.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/28/sports/hockey/fighting-in-amateur-hockey-leagues-may-be-on-way-out.html?pagewanted=2&_r=3&smid=FB-nytimes

Not sure what thread to put this in, so I put it in here. There was a story posted in the NY Times today about how USA Hockey and Hockey Canada are going to push to ban fighting on all levels that aren't considered professional, this does include the Major Juniors. I fully agree with this, as I personally don't think fighting needs to be allowed below professional level.

http://www.nytimes.c...smid=FB-nytimes

I guess I would like to see what this would look like in some sort of environment first. Are we then just going to have the pushing and shoving after the whistle in which now everybody will play the tough guy? The next question is how do they propose to do this? They can't even effectively tackle the checking from behind problem. Out of the four guys that got kicked out of the Sioux/Denver series last weekend, I thought Parks was the only one that deserved a major. The other one that deserved to be booted was Loney and he only got a minor penalty. I just envision the excruciating pushing after the whistle along with face washes and slashes being the norm like we saw against Wisconsin. And why should it not then be applied to the Professional level? If you want the younger kids to stay away from fighting, then don't give them role models that are doing it.