SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Hockey 2011-2012

brianvf

As long as we're picking most improved for next season I'll throw my hat into the ring. I think Gleason will have a great season. Per Brad it sounds like Gleason will play defense for the most of next season, but I think he'll be a regular in the lineup and put up somewhere near 20 points (with a lot of those coming on the power play). Twenty points may be a bit of a stretch but I think he's capable of being an impact player.

In the Rodwell vs. Rowney comparison, I think Rodwell has the bigger impact next season. Although Rowney should have a good season too. :blush:

I was just talking about forwards.

As far as defensemen go, I agree about Gleason, I think he will be our next Genoway (hopefully with a bit of a stronger presence on the defensive side of things).

But I think that Forbort will make the biggest defensive jump next year. His play at the end of last year on the boards behind the defensive net was becoming dominant.

Well maybe I am seeing Rodwell's potential before others, after all I did say Fratten was going to be a Hobey candidate before last season. :silly:

I'll simply say this about Rodwell, From the group of returning forwards he is my pick for the biggest suprise next year. (with an honorable mention going to Lammy)

I'm with Wilbur overall.

I don't think Rowney will be an offensive force compared to Rodwell overall. Rowney is a gritty forward with some offensive tendencies.... Hmmm... Like a Rory McMahon?

yup...

Obviously losing Gregoire really hurts. That being said once his decision lasted this long everyone could figure he was gone. The good news is we have a Dell and the D should be solid. Next years teams will depend on the productivity of the freshman forwards...which there are a lot of them. Along with the development of Nelson, Rodwell and Rowney. The cupboard is not bare just a lil depleted.

I'm with Wilbur overall.

I don't think Rowney will be an offensive force compared to Rodwell overall. Rowney is a gritty forward with some offensive tendencies.... Hmmm... Like a Rory McMahon?

I heard someone say the exact same thing the other day.... :0

I agree with your assessment. By the time it got to McMahon's senior year he played a huge role for the team with faceoffs and enabling the team to play four lines.

That being said though, yeah Rodwell will score more! :lol:

I'm just hoping Mac will get his first goal this next season..... Love te way he plays. I'm on board will Rodwell being a beast next season as well. Always has ALOT of energy when he is on the ice. Seems 2 make things happen.

Again we have a Dell...if he plays as well as he did last year the squad will be just fine! D corps will be solid....scoring goals will be the big obstacle

What's holding Yzerman19 back from being a consensus top 5 pick?

Skill and skating prowess :D

I mean if we're going to state the obvious...

Uh, ... not to be picky, but we asked for the full list and not just the top two. ;)

Uh, ... not to be picky, but we asked for the full list and not just the top two. ;)

:D

so picky! in addition to lack of skill and skating: way too old, size is good (just not distributed optimally), good hockey IQ (feet just too slow to make it happen), not very tough any more...do I really need to add any more...this is degrading :sad:

What are the thoughts on Dickin? He could surprise!!!

I think he is going to be a decent player that will make an impact on the Fighting Sioux hockey team. He was an all star in MJHL.

tsr draft rankings

hate reading this

Midterm Rank: 30 | League Rank: 2nd USHL | Country Rank: 2nd USAThe skill set to be reliable 2 way forward has always been there as prior to this year, Miller has been at worst a strong skating centerman who plays hard on both sides of the puck. He always possessed the puck skills necessary to contribute offensively but lacked that consistency leading to questions about his hockey sense. Miller seems to have answered those as the year progressed culminating in an excellent showing at the U18

tsr draft rankings

hate reading this

Midterm Rank: 30 | League Rank: 2nd USHL | Country Rank: 2nd USAThe skill set to be reliable 2 way forward has always been there as prior to this year, Miller has been at worst a strong skating centerman who plays hard on both sides of the puck. He always possessed the puck skills necessary to contribute offensively but lacked that consistency leading to questions about his hockey sense. Miller seems to have answered those as the year progressed culminating in an excellent showing at the U18

tsr draft rankings

hate reading this

Rumblings? What rumblings? He chose UND over Plymouth when he committed. I'm not too concerned with "rumblings."

I also heard Mark McMillan and Rocco weren't going to come last summer as well.... :silly:

Yeah I have to question that as well. Sounds like a writer with a case of wishful thinking, he have heard the same thing with other players as well..

Do enjoy reading this:

18. RC Rocco Grimaldi – USNTDP U18 (USHL)

DOB: Feb. 08/93 | Shoots: R | Height: 5.06 | Weight: 163lbs Midterm Rank: 26 | League Rank: 1st USHL | Country Rank: 1st USA Easily one of the more skilled players available in the draft, Grimaldi has a proven track record of production at every level. Strong work ethic and dedication to the game have enabled him to develop skills in skating, passing, shooting and puck handling that could comprise a video on “How To

Edited by Goon
  • Upvote 1

Does anyone know if they fudge these numbers a bit? Also, does anyone else see a player that plays like a Nate Gerbe ripping through defenses in the WCHA? I can't wait for this kid to show up...

Painful memory there Goon, +1 for the imagery though...