SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Hockey 2011-2012

brianvf

Does anyone know if they fudge these numbers a bit? Also, does anyone else see a player that plays like a Nate Gerbe ripping through defenses in the WCHA? I can't wait for this kid to show up...

that's a reason why this team may not be built for winning the wcha, however come ncaa post season and ripping up frozen fours-we can only hope. ;)

I saw Nate Gerbe play for the Buffalo Sabres earlier this year when my wife and I visited her family out in that direction. Of course I was rooting for Drew Stafford (who scored two goals and was the game's #1 star) but the whole fricken game I couldn't forgive Gerbe for that crap that he pulled against us..... :glare:

Of course he is a fan favorite of my wife's family..... :angry: And I had to explain why I shook my head every time he touched the puck.... :D

tsr draft rankings

hate reading this

Midterm Rank: 30 | League Rank: 2nd USHL | Country Rank: 2nd USAThe skill set to be reliable 2 way forward has always been there as prior to this year, Miller has been at worst a strong skating centerman who plays hard on both sides of the puck. He always possessed the puck skills necessary to contribute offensively but lacked that consistency leading to questions about his hockey sense. Miller seems to have answered those as the year progressed culminating in an excellent showing at the U18

tsr draft rankings

hate reading this

Midterm Rank: 30 | League Rank: 2nd USHL | Country Rank: 2nd USAThe skill set to be reliable 2 way forward has always been there as prior to this year, Miller has been at worst a strong skating centerman who plays hard on both sides of the puck. He always possessed the puck skills necessary to contribute offensively but lacked that consistency leading to questions about his hockey sense. Miller seems to have answered those as the year progressed culminating in an excellent showing at the U18

does anyone know if they sioux are playing up in winnipeg this coming season? is the Russia U-18 game on december 17th going to be the one?

Brad said today on the live chat that it will likely be an ECAC team. Didn't say who, but was pretty steadfast in the fact it would be one from that conference.

Just looked at Brad's blog page and I don't see where they are supposed to play the Russia U-18 team. Is this a game that was just added recently? Brad has them playing Ferris State the 16th and 17th of December.

Brad said today on the live chat that it will likely be an ECAC team. Didn't say who, but was pretty steadfast in the fact it would be one from that conference.

Just looked at Brad's blog page and I don't see where they are supposed to play the Russia U-18 team. Is this a game that was just added recently? Brad has them playing Ferris State the 16th and 17th of December.

Brad said a few weeks back it would be a lesser profile team as well so that eliminates cornell and yale. we already play harvard and today he said it wasn't st. lawrence, brown or quinnipiac. so that leaves it at being clarkson,colgate,dartmouth,princeton,rpi or union.

Brad said a few weeks back it would be a lesser profile team as well so that eliminates cornell and yale. we already play harvard and today he said it wasn't st. lawrence, brown or quinnipiac. so that leaves it at being clarkson,colgate,dartmouth,princeton,rpi or union.

It is Clarkson.

they are suppose to play the Russia U-18 team on December 17th. this is coming for a very reliable source. ferris state must have dropped out of it because UND is not on their schedule for next year.

they are suppose to play the Russia U-18 team on December 17th. this is coming for a very reliable source. ferris state must have dropped out of it because UND is not on their schedule for next year.

they must have heard how good grimaldi is suppsoed to be and got scared :D

http://www.inlouwetrust.com/2011/6/3/2205598/nhl-draft-combine-day-1-recap

The player who made the best impression

Rocco Grimaldi (C- USA U18)

I'm giving this to Grimaldi for a few reasons. From what i've heard about him, he seemed like a heart and soul kind of guy like Martin St. Louis, a small guy who's one of the best in the league. One of the two areas that he impressed me in was his physical ability- while he wasn't the biggest guy there he made up for it in pound for pound rates.

However, Grimaldi's personality is what I enjoyed. After his tests, Grimaldi was hanging out with Jamieson Oleksiak, the 6'7 giant out of Northeastern. Grimaldi was able to make quite a few jokes, and even pose for a photo with Oleksiak as well. He seems like he could be a great locker room guy- not a leader but someone who'd at least keep the locker room happy with his personality. If Grimaldi did one thing today, it was making a fan out of me

I don't like reading things like this:

Via twitter

JT Miller was asked if he'd consider going to CHL. He said if his NHL team wanted to he'd seriously consider it. Rights owned by @PWhalers

Let's hope Hakstol's (UND's) reputation for developing NHL players provides enough satisfaction for the team that drafts Miller.

I don't like reading things like this:

Via twitter

Let's hope Hakstol's (UND's) reputation for developing NHL players provides enough satisfaction for the team that drafts Miller.

Yeah well whatever.....heresay never stood up in a court of law.....any potential draftee would say that. JT will be here

Nothing to do with Sioux hockey (Well...maybe), but Brad reported that Sam Brittain is undergoing surgery for a torn ACL and will likely miss most of the season. IMHO I don't think Adam Murray is the goaltender that will lead the pios to the McNaughton Cup. They'll be a great hockey team, but Brittain is a huge loss for them. I guess he tore it during the WCHA Final Five Championship game. He made some great back across his body saves in that game, so I can see where he might have injured himself.

Now if the Wild would only sign Zucker..... :glare:

Nothing to do with Sioux hockey (Well...maybe), but Brad reported that Sam Brittain is undergoing surgery for a torn ACL and will likely miss most of the season. IMHO I don't think Adam Murray is the goaltender that will lead the pios to the McNaughton Cup. They'll be a great hockey team, but Brittain is a huge loss for them. I guess he tore it during the WCHA Final Five Championship game. He made some great back across his body saves in that game, so I can see where he might have injured himself.

I like the zucker thing

The Wild have been on record as not wanting to rush Zucker, I think they learned their lesson with James Sheppard.

The Wild have been on record as not wanting to rush Zucker, I think they learned their lesson with James Sheppard.

Yeah....I read something about that a while back too.......darn it......If he stays healthy Zucker should be the guy who ends up being the league MVP. Maybe him or Schwarz......