SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Hockey 2011-2012

brianvf

I'm pumped to see Grimaldi play. One memory of Trupp stands out--when he was a freshman (against Manitoba, I think) when he raced back on the back check, went airborne, and lifted the stick of a guy on a near breakaway preventing him from getting a shot off. That told you something about the guy, right there.

Hope 1) Gregoire stays, and 2) October comes in a couple of weeks.

I was at that game and I looked at my daughter after the play and said I am really going to like this kid and he was a pleasure to watch for 4 years. The things he could do with a puck were nothing short of amazing.

Not looking good as far as Gregs staying. Just talked to my source and he said he more than likely is leaving. For once I hope he is wrong. The Sioux need him back to make another run.

well that sucks. with as accurate as you have been, I will just take it as it is true. that is a huge loss. next year will be a tough year no question as we lose a lot of scoring and all these people that think the freshman will just come in and put up 30-40 points easliy are mistaken. those types of years are not the norm.

I'm pumped to see Grimaldi play. One memory of Trupp stands out--when he was a freshman (against Manitoba, I think) when he raced back on the back check, went airborne, and lifted the stick of a guy on a near breakaway preventing him from getting a shot off. That told you something about the guy, right there.

Hope 1) Gregoire stays, and 2) October comes in a couple of weeks.

I was front row upper deck with the play coming towards me. I was just speechless and felt like he was gonna be special. I've spent close to four years trying to track down video of that play.

Here's a Sioux fan that is thrilled to see Eids back in Grand Forks for another year. Two All-WCHA goaltenders pushing each other in practice and for playing time all throughout the hockey season.....I'll take that any day of the weeek. :)

Dell should stay with the white pads, Eidsness should go back to the black pads.

Like someone already said, this is a good thing for Gothberg as well so he can have a full season in the USHL of being "the guy".

Dell should stay with the white pads, Eidsness should go back to the black pads.

I was wondering if I was the only one that thought his game went to hell when he changed his mask and pads, someone should take both away from him and tell him to go back to his old style pads and mask.

I was wondering if I was the only one that thought his game went to hell when he changed his mask and pads, someone should take both away from him and tell him to go back to his old style pads and mask.

Right. Just like my slice is my drivers fault. :lol: Totally stoked that he's coming back though.

I can't remember which game I was watching but the announcers were saying there's research out there that says shooters perceive white or yellow goalie leg pads to be larger than black pads (when all are identically sized).

Hear that Brad?

I can't remember which game I was watching but the announcers were saying there's research out there that says shooters perceive white or yellow goalie leg pads to be larger than black pads (when all are identically sized).

Hear that Brad?

It's why chubby gals like me like to wear black a lot! It's slimming! :lol:

Hear that Brad?

Yeah, there have actually been psychological research studies done with sensation and perception that have tried to prove this theory. Can't remember if they proved or disproved the theory. I want to say that they proved the theory.

Right. Just like my slice is my drivers fault. :lol: Totally stoked that he's coming back though.

Flatten the take-back a little and keep your weight on you rear foot a little more. Do that and Eids will be back to his old self. (And you will have yourself a draw, which is a deal with the devil, but what do we care as long as Eidsness is stopping pucks)

Flatten the take-back a little and keep your weight on you rear foot a little more. Do that and Eids will be back to his old self. (And you will have yourself a draw, which is a deal with the devil, but what do we care as long as Eidsness is stopping pucks)

Thanks, I'll give that a whirl. Although with a slice off the tee, you get to play the course twice while only having to pay once!!

That'll work, but it's pretty complicated.

A simpler way to cure a slice (assuming right-handed golfer) is to close your right hand more. When in your stance and looking down at your grip you should see at least two if not three knuckles on the back of your right hand. A lazy (palm to the sky) right hand is the cause of many, many slices.

As far as Eids, white pads and simplify your game.

Thanks, I'll give that a whirl. Although with a slice off the tee, you get to play the course twice while only having to pay once!!

Anybody can play right down the middle, it takes skill to hit your second shot out of a deer hoofprint through some powerlines.

You pay to use the whole course, take the scenic route. :lol: