SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs Michigan Tech

AZSIOUX

Again.................

MacNaughtonCup_in2004.jpg

FINAL - WCHA Standings

Pairwise Rankings

und.gif -- Sioux Hockey Home Page

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 26-8-3 (.743)

Conference Record, WCHA: 21-6-1, 43 points

Home: 13-4-1 / Away: 12-4-2 / Neutral: 1-0-0

mtu.gif -- Huskies Hockey Home Page

NCAA Division I Overall Record: 4-28-4 (.167)

Conference Record, WCHA: 2-24-2, 6 points

Home: 1-12-4 / Away: 3-14-0 / Neutral: 0-2-0

One of these games will be closer than it should be.

Sioux sweep....6-1 Friday and 4-2 Saturday.

Last homestand of the '10-'11 season...really looking forward to one last weekend at the Ralph!

One of these games will be closer than it should be.

Sioux sweep....6-1 Friday and 4-2 Saturday.

Last homestand of the '10-'11 season...really looking forward to one last weekend at the Ralph!

I agree with the one close game but I bet it will be Friday. 3-1 win on Friday to break their spirits and Saturday will be more of a coronation than a competition; something like a 5-0 shutout. Then our cup runneth over :) At least that's what I hope to see on Saturday when I'm there with 12,000 of my friends.

I agree with the one close game but I bet it will be Friday. 3-1 win on Friday to break their spirits and Saturday will be more of a coronation than a competition; something like a 5-0 shutout. Then our cup runneth over :) At least that's what I hope to see on Saturday when I'm there with 12,000 of my friends.

I was in Houghton last weekend. There is no way a game will be close this weekend, expect a rout each night at the Ralph.

I agree with what someone posted earlier here. One of these games will likely be a close hockey game. Look back to the last three times we played Tech in the playoffs on a Saturday night.

~The Parise group ends up going to OT on Saturday (actually trailed 3-1 in the game before they came back in the third period).

~Phil Lamoureax and company end up losing a 2-0 lead, getting scored on late to tie the game, and lose in OT. Then the Sunday game went down to the very end.

~2009, the Sioux win big in game number one, but hold on for dear life in the third period on Saturday, and escape with a 4-3 win.

I say it as a coach all the time. Its tough to end a team's season. Especially a team that has absolutely nothing to lose, and is supposed to have their season ended.

I agree with what someone posted earlier here. One of these games will likely be a close hockey game. Look back to the last three times we played Tech in the playoffs on a Saturday night.

~The Parise group ends up going to OT on Saturday (actually trailed 3-1 in the game before they came back in the third period).

~Phil Lamoureax and company end up losing a 2-0 lead, getting scored on late to tie the game, and lose in OT. Then the Sunday game went down to the very end.

~2009, the Sioux win big in game number one, but hold on for dear life in the third period on Saturday, and escape with a 4-3 win.

I say it as a coach all the time. Its tough to end a team's season. Especially a team that has absolutely nothing to lose, and is supposed to have their season ended.

Guess what? It's not 2009 or 2008. Every one of those Tech teams were markedly better than this year's squad, and I would argue that this year's Sioux team is far better than the '08 or '09 teams. Several people on here were worried about a letdown this past weekend, and look what happened. This team has no chance of skating with us, and they will not keep it close in either game. Even if Tech gets Olson and Gordic back, it won't matter. They are absolutely dreadful on the blue-line and in net.

Also, what year is the "Parise group?" I can only find two playoff series vs. Tech since 2003, the one in '08 and the one '09.

Never mind, I was able to find the playoff series from 2004.

Still think the tough game will be non-existent this weekend.

Guess what? It's not 2009 or 2008. Every one of those Tech teams were markedly better than this year's squad, and I would argue that this year's Sioux team is far better than the '08 or '09 teams. Several people on here were worried about a letdown this past weekend, and look what happened. This team has no chance of skating with us, and they will not keep it close in either game. Even if Tech gets Olson and Gordic back, it won't matter. They are absolutely dreadful on the blue-line and in net.

Also, what year is the "Parise group?" I can only find two playoff series vs. Tech since 2003, the one in '08 and the one '09.

Never mind, I was able to find the playoff series from 2004.

Still think the tough game will be non-existent this weekend.

I hope you are right. I hope you also have a couple good games this weekend, no way that Tech can skate with you. ;)

I agree with the worry that one game could be close.

I say it's a sign of how then the tourney will go,

Sioux lay off and take a tech team for granted and it's a sign that they haven't got their heads right, they lose a tight final five game and then get bounced in a regional final.

They come out rolling and play man beast hockey......broad moor and frozen four it will be.

I'll be there for the final Sioux games at the Ralph, cant wait !

My only question I have is which jersey to where each night?

Gonna go with the current reebok edge home Friday but Saturday..........might have to go nostalgic........only question is how nostalgic, Nike dazzle? 82?

Gonna be tough not to go with the '87

Do we see Eidsness again this weekend?

I say:

Friday - Dell gets the shutout (5-0).

Saturday - Eidsness wins his last in a Sioux jersey behind a strong defensive effort (4-1).

I think that we have seen Eids last game. Why would you sit the best goalie in the league?

Gonna go with the current reebok edge home Friday but Saturday..........might have to go nostalgic........only question is how nostalgic, Nike dazzle? 82?

Gotta bust out the Old School. Either 82 or 87 will be sweet. I'll have the 87 away jersey on in style. Hrkac Circus lives!

"Ian Kidd wants to go to Detroit tooooo!"

I agree with the worry that one game could be close.

I say it's a sign of how then the tourney will go,

Sioux lay off and take a tech team for granted and it's a sign that they haven't got their heads right, they lose a tight final five game and then get bounced in a regional final.

They come out rolling and play man beast hockey......broad moor and frozen four it will be.

I'll be there for the final Sioux games at the Ralph, cant wait !

I hear you, but I think it is fair to point out that the 2000 NCAA title team went to 3 games vs. Denver at home. Having said that, this year's MTU team is absolutely putrid and (in the words of Goon), anything less than a sweep is unacceptable!

I hear you, but I think it is fair to point out that the 2000 NCAA title team went to 3 games vs. Denver at home. Having said that, this year's MTU team is absolutely putrid and (in the words of Goon), anything less than a sweep is unacceptable!

I agree as well...

Do we see Eidsness again this weekend?

I say:

Friday - Dell gets the shutout (5-0).

Saturday - Eidsness wins his last in a Sioux jersey behind a strong defensive effort (4-1).

There is no way we see Eids again. This is the playoffs, you ride the goalie that got you here. The Sioux aren't going to send a message like they aren't taking Tech seriously by playing backups. And they certainly won't play Eids on the night they hoist the Cup that Dell helped them win.