SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs Michigan Tech

AZSIOUX

Sooooooooo frickin' tired of this weather! :angry:

At least I have the potential of historic flooding to look foward to. :glare:

Why do I live here again...

I live here for Fighting Sioux hockey and a nice golf course. Both of them are sitting on the chopping block right now.

At least you live within the diversion......... :blush:

Heading up around noon. Will post conditions when I get to GF.

Weather in the valley sounds like it is going to ugly later today. For those of us wanting to travel up I-29, a "hands on" road report throughout the day would be appreciated. I'm planning to head out around 4:30pm with my kids, but don't want to be stupid if it's a whiteout or glare ice...there is always tomorrow's game. Any info will be appreciated.

I am watching the WIRE and the latest report is ....BLIZARD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 3 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 6 AM CST SATURDAY...

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR PORTIONS OF EASTERN NORTH DAKOTA... WEST CENTRAL AND NORTHWES MINNESOTA.

DAY ONE... TODAY AND TONIGHT A STRONG STORM SYSTEM WILL RESULT IN BLIZZARD CONDITIONS ACROSS THE NORTHERN AND CENTRAL RED RIVER VALLEY LATE THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT. SNOW TOTALS WILL RANGE FROM 2 TO 4 INCHES AND NORTHWEST WINDS WILL GUST UP TO 40 MPH. SIGNIFICANT BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW WILL RESULT IN NEAR ZERO VISIBLITY. PRIOR TO THE SNOWFALL... THERE COULD BE A BRIEF PERIOD OF FREEZING DRIZZLE OR LIGHT RAIN. TRAVEL WILL BECOME INCREASINGLY DIFFICULT... IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE BY THIS EVENING.

I agree that spraying the goalie is bush league and finishing checks good, hard and clean is how you establish a physical presence and a psychological edge. If you have to think about being tough, you aren't; and if you have to think about backing up your teammates, you aren't a team.

I agree but "if" I was coaching the UAA Seawolves this weekend I would do everything it takes to get in the Goof's heads...

Weather in the valley sounds like it is going to ugly later today. For those of us wanting to travel up I-29, a "hands on" road report throughout the day would be appreciated. I'm planning to head out around 4:30pm with my kids, but don't want to be stupid if it's a whiteout or glare ice...there is always tomorrow's game. Any info will be appreciated.

Ugly out west by 9:30AM. 50 mph winds, temps dropping, mixed rain and snow. Will be a white out by afternoon.

I live here for Fighting Sioux hockey and a nice golf course. Both of them are sitting on the chopping block right now.

I hear ya...so I can borrow your boat to get to the 1st tee in a few weeks???

Diversion??? I'll be retired and cutting grass on some course in AZ before that gets done.

Text me 701-261-3501 on roads. Would appreciate it.

Winter does gets long, and I feel for all of you preparing for the Red to do it's thing.

On the plus side . . . no earth quakes, hurricanes, mudslides, tsunamis, killer bees, snakes, alligators and nice spring/summer/falls. Sioux hockey, fishing, lakes, waterfowl, pheasants, good economy, relatively low crime . . . good quality of life.

Common man on Kfan was discussing the other day that Patterson should be WCHA goalie of the year, because without him, the Gophers wouldn't

be nearly as good as they finished. What is the kool-aid that the beat writers in the Twin Cities drink, one time just give it up to the Fighting Sioux, we lead

in everything, Patterson is OK, but better than Dell this season, no way!

We had white out conditions before noon out west (snowing, wind 47-57); could not travel a block right now out here. Was calm and 38 this morning at 7AM, would guess all country kids at school will stay in town tonight. REA may be a bit empty tonight without the folks that hoped to drive to GF.

Hoping my KU band isn't wiped out by the storm tonight.

We had white out conditions before noon out west (snowing, wind 47-57); could not travel a block right now out here. Was calm and 38 this morning at 7AM, would guess all country kids at school will stay in town tonight. REA may be a bit empty tonight without the folks that hoped to drive to GF.

Hoping my KU band isn't wiped out by the storm tonight.

Out in Sprigs neck of the Woods I was telling some of our guys about the weather when I literally saw this map change Red in the Crosby/Bowbells/Stanley area...

Just for the record this year is eerily similar to 1997...

Out in Sprigs neck of the Woods I was telling some of our guys about the weather when I literally saw this map change Red in the Crosby/Bowbells/Stanley area...

Just for the record this year is eerily similar to 1997...

Didn't think it could get even worse but it has; absolutely 0 vis, can't see my pickup parked in the driveway 10 yards from my window. Not sure how the in town kids and teachers will be able to drive home from school. Worst yet this winter, which has seen several.

Didn't think it could get even worse but it has; absolutely 0 vis, can't see my pickup parked in the driveway 10 yards from my window. Not sure how the in town kids and teachers will be able to drive home from school. Worst yet this winter, which has seen several.

Divide Co and Oliver Co advising no travel...

A friend just uploaded these two photos to facebook. Traffic is stopped on Highway 2 between Williston and Tioga. These 2 photos were taken 5 minutes apart. As you can tell, it got worse in the second photo.

197484_10150110364009086_500159085_6563735_4608891_n.jpg

198377_10150110368854086_500159085_6563831_8086195_n.jpg

Like I've said many times, Dell has had a very good season. Both are good goalies and deserve the accolades they're getting. But to say its not debatable is silly. Patterson's .926 sv% compared to Dell's .912 in league games is enough by itself to make an argument on Patterson's behalf.

Thats a good argument, sv % is by far the best comparison to show a goalies success. You can't ignore GAA though, because a team defense may just give up a lot of shots. Patterson definitely MVP for Gophers.

I think it's funny how the Minneapolis Saint Paul media has dumbed down the Gophers definition of what success should be... Now making the WCHA Final Five is going to be looked at as being successful. This is a team that has 19 NHL draft choices on it. Now success defined as getting home ice for the WCHA playoffs.

Success is not defined by getting home ice by anyone in the program or anyone who supports it I can assure you of that.