SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Recruiting

UND Fan

I realy like the coaches aggressiveness this year with the early jump on recruiting. I know they did a better job this year identifying juniors they wanted to get on campus for the game and camps and have obviously done a good job getting them here today, now hopefully that carries into getting some up for camps and some early commits. It can only help to get kids on campus. Nice work to the coaches.

I see in the article Bohl was still pursuing Mollberg after he had given UND a verbal. Is that the norm these days? I would imagine UND uses the same tactics. Is that right?

Until the pen is put to paper, I believe many coaches do it.

I thought it was interesting on Mollberg that in the article it said *Coach Mussman puts no pressure on Joe, but tells him, “If you commit to UND we are done looking for a QB.” We brought in Bartels too so how does Mollberg feel about that?

My guess would be that all athletes understand how the recruiting works. I have to believe the Sioux recruiters were telling Mollberg they considered him "the guy" they were looking for. They were telling him if he came, they considered him the QB of the future for the Sioux.

But, every year at every position, you have multiple offers out to the same position. You may get none of them to commit, or you may get several to commit. If you happen to sign what you consider the best player you're recruiting, you still need depth. I have to believe Bartels was offered well before Mollberg committed and the staff was excited to get both, but they consider Mollberg to be "the guy." I believe Mollberg and his family understand that too.

Absolutely correct, I believe Molberg is the guy but also a main reason the major D1 programs eventually backed off was because of his injuries; they do and will continue to happen so depth is vitally important. Healthy competition is a good thing and they will both get their shots.

• 2 months later...

You guys will be interested in this article from the Wisconsin Football Coaches Association All-Star Games, featuring Joe Schobert: http://host.madison....19bb2963f4.html

I said all year the kid was perhaps the most underrecruited player in the state, and his performance at the All-Star game, and some of the info in this article, would back that up.

Any chance that another could/would come in now and offer him a scholarship since we only recruited him as a preferred walkon?

Any chance that another could/would come in now and offer him a scholarship since we only recruited him as a preferred walkon?

All I can say is: get him on campus quick! Wow! I am excited for this year to start. (understatement of the year)

SiouxFootballInsider@SiouxFootball

Sounds like their is some extremely late attention being paid to #UNDrecruit Joe Schobert, due to his impressive showing at WFCA game.

This can't be good...

I hope Muss doesn't let him get away without a fight, although it's probably doubtful that he has any scholarship money left to offer at this stage of the game.