SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Recruiting

UND Fan

Based on his Twitter it appears he doesn't want to come here. Looks like his dad is pushing him to come here and now it's too late to change his mind. His "bruhs" (bros (friends)) are suggesting he transfer out after 1 year. :glare:

Makes me wonder if he'll even show this fall.

Comes and Hendrickson will probably be ahead of Bradley. Bradley proved he can't make very many throws and got worse as the season went on which is not a good sign. We'll see what this guy can do, I was looking forward to seeing what Comes does this spring so I hope this doesn't create a too many chefs in the kitchen scenario.

I really don't see how Hendrickson is going to be ahead of Bradley. There had to be something they saw in Bradley to start him right when he got here.

Either way, redshirt or no redshirt, what he did was impressive.

That game was awesome. It was one year following the end of the 12 year losing streak to the Bison and the Fargodome was full of fans lusting for some revenge. Everyone thought we would lose big, but it was so much fun to watch people leaving late in the 3rd quarter. :)

• Upvote 1

Welcome to UND looking forward to watching you during spring ball.

I think that this is his video

http://www.hudl.com/...3/lance-orender

My intial reaction watching this video is that he has good size, good feet, has a strong accurate arm with a quick release and if needed can run the ball. If his head is screwed on right, he may be a real gem. Lots of time between now and Sept, but I am generally very optimistic about this kid. Confidence is good in a QB if he channels it correctly. I also notice he has some pretty good receivers. Any chance of picking up one or more of those kids too. Go UND FB!!!!

Dude had heart for UND that's for sure:

I hope north Dakota is ready for some big time football, because the 2012 fighting Sioux are gonna be national champs

I wish I couldve helped UND out man I would of loved to do great things over there but the coaches decided to go another way

I am the mother of Lance Orender. I started watching this train wreck yesterday. I want to thank the coaches for having considered him. He is a good kid and a good football player. I am sorry it did not work out. I prayed throughout this that there would be grace for a 20 year old boy who DOES need to grow up and has never been far from home. He would have done well for UND and I know that the experience would have been character building for him. Again, I am sorry it worked out as it did and again thank the coaches for considering him.

• Upvote 2

I am the mother of Lance Orender. I started watching this train wreck yesterday. I want to thank the coaches for having considered him. He is a good kid and a good football player. I am sorry it did not work out. I prayed throughout this that there would be grace for a 20 year old boy who DOES need to grow up and has never been far from home. He would have done well for UND and I know that the experience would have been character building for him. Again, I am sorry it worked out as it did and again thank the coaches for considering him.

I appreciate your note and wish your son the best of luck!

thank you for the post. i feel bad for Lance that it didn't didn't work out. UND is a great school.

I am the mother of Lance Orender. I started watching this train wreck yesterday. I want to thank the coaches for having considered him. He is a good kid and a good football player. I am sorry it did not work out. I prayed throughout this that there would be grace for a 20 year old boy who DOES need THis to grow up and has never been far from home. He would have done well for UND and I know that the experience would have been character building for him. Again, I am sorry it worked out as it did and again thank the coaches for considering him.

This is an excellent example of "you never know who is reading fan sites" threads that trash recruits who chose a different school, call for the firing of the current coach, question the fan base loyalty, etc do nothing to solve the situation and most likely damage it even more, perhaps scaring off recruits who are on the fence. Social media has changed everything.
  • Upvote 2

I'm sure Lance Orender is going to land on his feet somewhere and will do just fine. Based on his earlier tweets, it would seem he really didn't want to be at North Dakota, which wasn't in the best interests of either side. I want kids that WANT to be at UND and so do the coaches.

The coaching staff probably did what they felt was best for the team moving forward. If they had reservations about a juco QB from California wanting to be here, then I don't blame them one bit for doing what they had to. They are looking for a leader at the QB spot.

I have to think the staff had a QB fall into their laps late in order for them to follow through on pulling the offer on Orender based on the recent SFI tweet.

Good luck to Orender. He will learn from this and be fine wherever he ends up.