SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

• 2 weeks later...

UND forward commit Sacha Boisvert has made Hockey Canada's U17 roster for the Under-17 World Challenge. Boisvert is currently playing for the Muskegon Lumberjacks in the United States Hockey League. UND defenseman commit Keith McInnis also was set to play for Hockey Canada, but he sustained an injury that will keep him out for a few weeks and force him to miss the event. McInnis is playing for the Waterloo Black Hawks in the USHL.

• Upvote 1

UND commit Jayden Perron is the forward of the week in the USHL. Perron, who plays for the Chicago Steel, tallied five points over the weekend. He is currently the USHL's leading scorer with 13 points in eight games. Perron is expected to come to UND next fall.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

UND commit Jayden Perron is the forward of the week in the USHL. Perron, who plays for the Chicago Steel, tallied five points over the weekend. He is currently the USHL's leading scorer with 13 points in eight games. Perron is expected to come to UND next fall.

Meh, we coulda had Spicer.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, burd said:

Meh, we coulda had Spicer.

Perron is a guy and someone I think all fans are excited about. 

Thinking this is sarcasm, in regards to Spicer? I know that was a hot topic, him being asked to delay and choosing to go somewhere else that wins championships. I don’t see what that has to do with Perron for the following season. 

Perron has 15 points in 10 games. Could be a loaded top 6 with McLaughlin, Blake and James. And then throw in Boisvert on the back end as a freshman with that group somewhere in the lineup if they are all still at UND. 

Tough go for Singleton, first you get cut by USHL and then are shutout through 8 games in BCHL.

Slipec with Chicago at -4 and 3 points through 10 games and Klee has been shutout with Muskegon through 8 games….still hoping for a high end goalie commitment from USNTDP or USHL. 

6 minutes ago, KCSioux said:

Perron has 15 points in 10 games. Could be a loaded top 6 with McLaughlin, Blake and James. And then throw in Boisvert on the back end as a freshman with that group somewhere in the lineup if they are all still at UND. 

And then if Gaber decides to come back for his senior season as well? Yo mama that’s more offensive power in the top 6 than we’ve had for years and years. 

20 minutes ago, brianvf said:

And then if Gaber decides to come back for his senior season as well? Yo mama that’s more offensive power in the top 6 than we’ve had for years and years. 

Gaber should come back to see if he can win the Hobey two straight years.:whistling:

• Like 1

It’s so early, so things can change, but outside of Perron, what other forwards appear ready to come in next year? Let’s start by taking Klee and Singleton off the table. Boisvert is not eligible. That would leave Croal (possible), Panzer and Slipec. You would think an extra year would be beneficial for all three of them. Like I mentioned, still early, but it is a bit concerning that only one forward appears to be ready to take that next step. Going to need to make a McLaughlin type splash for next years class. 

1 minute ago, AJS said:

It’s so early, so things can change, but outside of Perron, what other forwards appear ready to come in next year? Let’s start by taking Klee and Singleton off the table. Boisvert is not eligible. That would leave Croal (possible), Panzer and Slipec. You would think an extra year would be beneficial for all three of them. Like I mentioned, still early, but it is a bit concerning that only one forward appears to be ready to take that next step. Going to need to make a McLaughlin type splash for next years class. 

They originally planned for Croal to play 2 years at Muskegon, but based on how things look now, you’d probably need to bring him in. I’m personally hoping we can pick up an uncommitted forward or two from the USHL so Slipec and Panzer can play another year. 

17 hours ago, AJS said:

I’d like croal to play another year but at the moment we don’t really have much else. Panzer and slipec don’t appear to be close at the moment.

20 hours ago, KCSioux said:

And then throw in Boisvert on the back end ... 

Point of Order: a reference to "on the back end" is a reference to the defensive corps. Boisvert is a forward. I suspect you mean get him into the bottom six forward group*. 

Then again, you may have meant McInnis and the reference would be correct as he's a defender. 

*I see hockey moving from a 6-6 forwards mindset to a 9-3. You need scoring from a heavy third line. TBL has shown this formula works. 

2 minutes ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Blake/Schmaltz/Gaber 

costantini/McLaughlin/James 

fourth line of portz/ness/ Strinden 

Those look solid and reasonable. I'd like to see Albrecht get minutes too, maybe rotating on the fourth line.