SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

• 3 weeks later...

Article on UND commit Wiebe:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/und-commit-abram-wiebe-emerges-as-a-prospect-becomes-vegas-golden-knights-draft-pick

Abram Wiebe entered last year with no college offers.

But that quickly changed for the Chilliwack Chiefs defenseman.

By November, Wiebe heard from 30-40 different NCAA programs.

"I had a really good start to the season," Wiebe said. "I was just over a point per game. When the (BCHL) Showcase hit, I played one of my two best games of the year. That's when teams started funneling in."

Wiebe narrowed it down to four — North Dakota, Omaha, Minnesota State-Mankato and Northeastern. He did Zoom tours of all four spots and settled on the Fighting Hawks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

Article on UND commit Wiebe:

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/und-commit-abram-wiebe-emerges-as-a-prospect-becomes-vegas-golden-knights-draft-pick

Abram Wiebe entered last year with no college offers.

But that quickly changed for the Chilliwack Chiefs defenseman.

By November, Wiebe heard from 30-40 different NCAA programs.

"I had a really good start to the season," Wiebe said. "I was just over a point per game. When the (BCHL) Showcase hit, I played one of my two best games of the year. That's when teams started funneling in."

Wiebe narrowed it down to four — North Dakota, Omaha, Minnesota State-Mankato and Northeastern. He did Zoom tours of all four spots and settled on the Fighting Hawks.

HEY! @gfhockey look! We GOT ONE OVER MANKATO!!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

HEY! @gfhockey look! We GOT ONE OVER MANKATO!!

Yup and we beat out northeastern

i know your not a grand forks boy there stoney but when I was your age we were winning battles against minnesota Michigan bostons

now it’s north Easter. And mankota yupwee 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

i know your not a grand forks boy there stoney but when I was your age we were winning battles against minnesota Michigan bostons

What the rest of us know for certain, gf, is that you were playing woulda coulda shoulda then too.   It's how you roll.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Tell me more about what we did at UND when you were my age! This could be a fun game.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Who specifically did we beat Michigan and BC/BU for? Genuinely curious.

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

It says in the article that he was contacted by 30-40 schools.
I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that some of those interested schools were UM, UMN, Bostons, etc being that he was approached by 2/3rds of all NCAA D1 schools.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, brianvf said:

It says in the article that he was contacted by 30-40 schools.
I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that some of those interested schools were UM, UMN, Bostons, etc being that he was approached by 2/3rds of all NCAA D1 schools.

Interested is simply mailing a letter

offers are the competing

i didn’t start this argument either

20 minutes ago, AJS said:

PuckPreps has Boisvert as a 5 Star recruit and the 8th ranked Canadian skater in the 2006 class. 

Tough to judge a kid this early, but he's got very high potential to go very high in the draft. Feels like a classic UND player... Big, gifted, gritty, skilled. 

• Like 1

Tough to judge a kid this early, but he's got very high potential to go very high in the draft. Feels like a classic UND player... Big, gifted, gritty, skilled. 

12th overall pick in the QMJHL

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, ChadR said:

12th overall pick in the QMJHL

Yep. He's definitely got talent. Damn good get. I've heard some things about him today that make me really excited. Apparently he fell in love with UND because of YouTube and has always wanted to come here. Gotta love that. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Yep. He's definitely got talent. Damn good get. I've heard some things about him today that make me really excited. Apparently he fell in love with UND because of YouTube and has always wanted to come here. Gotta love that. 

He grew up watching Brad Miller Time on Youtube.  ;)  :D

• Like 4

19 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

0ABFDE56-7814-4387-87D5-78E3834FCAD0.jpeg

Great news! Hopefully we can get Fondrk next year too. Believe they played together.

Big get, really is. Let’s cross our fingers he makes it here. But again, kudos to Bubs…this is a big haul.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Great news! Hopefully we can get Fondrk next year too. Believe they played together.

Big get, really is. Let’s cross our fingers he makes it here. But again, kudos to Bubs…this is a big haul.

Hopefully, he'll mature and bulk up some in the process, though it sounds like he plays a physical game, skinny as he is.   But a lot of kids are skinny at that age.   

59 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Celebrini to BU…thought we may of had a chance with him after the Q kid committed. BU bouncing back a bit this year.

Big time get for BU.
Not too much of a surprise with his older brother already committed to BU as well.