SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Mismash (99) now tied for 3rd on the U18 team with 24 points (12G, 12A) in 34 games

Adams (98)3rd in USHL with 31 points (17G, 14A) in 27 games

Kawaguchi (97) tied for 6th in BCHL with 49 points (24G, 25A) in 35 games

They will be a very good freshman trio next year.

N. Jones (96) leading Penticton in points with 39 (13G, 26A) in 37 games

I know this has been discussed before, but with no Seniors and only 2 spots (Boeser, Schmaltz) opening for sure, do we think any other forwards will be in this class? You could put Jost and Poganski as 50/50 as well. It would appear that Keane and Mattson would be pushed back to Juniors for another year. 

What's the word with Bast? He's only played 6 games this year after being hurt all last year. 

Also,

Jonny Tychonick (00) seems to be doing well in his first year, leading Penticton defense in scoring with 17 points (3G,14A) in 27 games 

Just watched Red River play Grafton. Costello looked pretty good - fast, skated well, keeps his head up. Scored twice and had an assist and hit the post at least once. Hard to judge how ready he is to play D1 - I would think at least a year of juniors. Hope he comes back to RR for his senior year. RR plays EGF on Thursday so I will get another look.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I read it as we have some big names about to commit, but I'm an optimist... about Sioux hockey at least :D

I read it that this is just the beginning for this kid, and wait until you get him North Dakota, but I like your interpretation better. 

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

Wonder what this means?

....this is just the beginning .... NoDak buckle up https://t.co/JyizOrAETp

Embracing a new tradition, no matter long NoDak's been on his radar and he being on ours. Good for him. Along with many I'll always see us as the Sioux first and the ripple effect may have little influence on Sioux lifers but I'm happy to see future athletes take a step forward in regards to the nickname. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1