SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

36 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I assume you are referring to 2016 Gardner with Johnson, and (oops, I can't recall) was it Trevor Olson?    Not sure if it makes the cut, I have heard other lines (not necessarily UND) called that before,  it is more a description, like describing a team that plays a heavy game.

Gardner, Johnson, Poganski.

1 hour ago, runaroundsioux said:

Knight line. Danny Kristo, Corbin Knight, Carter Rowny. Not as famous as the rest but solid. 

Greg Johnson played with Dixon Ward  for at least two years.  Were they ever linemates?   If so, that line would be up there among the better ones.  Almost 500 points between just those two.  Gary Valk and Neil Eisenhut also played during that same general time period. 

From todays Washington Post:

Shane Gersich made his NHL debut after he left the University of North Dakota early to sign with the Capitals on Friday.

“I loved it,” Trotz said of Gersich’s debut. “I thought he was dangerous. Every time I put him on the ice, he seemed to create something. ... If hes got better than that, Im really excited for sure.”

1 hour ago, UNDPUCKS said:

From todays Washington Post:

Shane Gersich made his NHL debut after he left the University of North Dakota early to sign with the Capitals on Friday.

“I loved it,” Trotz said of Gersich’s debut. “I thought he was dangerous. Every time I put him on the ice, he seemed to create something. ... If hes got better than that, Im really excited for sure.”

Wait til they see the guy we saw most of the year 

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:50 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

Wolanin got burned wide badly by McDavid.

Which shows he belongs right equal with every dman in the NHL.

McJesus good.

McJesus has 300 points this year but still somehow only a +20. :huh:

He had three points against Columbus and still was a -2.

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Good for Gersich.  I thought he was AHL and eventually Europe bound for sure.  Hopefully he can stay up with the big dogs!

Agreed.  I still doubt he’ll be a top 6 NHL player however if he can’t keep his motor at high octane he could fit in nicely on a third line.  He didn’t look out of place last night.

5 hours ago, burd said:

Part of that is the team he is playing for. 

True and the way the team is built and plays partly contributes to his other numbers too. Extremely high talent but hard to make a rock solid case for his GOAT status when his team is (still) a habitual dumpster fire.

3 hours ago, joeyjr said:

True and the way the team is built and plays partly contributes to his other numbers too. Extremely high talent but hard to make a rock solid case for his GOAT status when his team is (still) a habitual dumpster fire.

Yeah, it's really hard to judge those situations fairly.   Great players help their teams win, but some franchises . . . .    Archie Manning comes to mind. 

13 hours ago, burd said:

Yeah, it's really hard to judge those situations fairly.   Great players help their teams win, but some franchises . . . .    Archie Manning comes to mind. 

Even Peyton . . . his place among the greats was relentlessly questioned until he won a championship (even though his team was consistently very good), and then people argued that one wasn't enough, then people argued that the second one had nothing to do with him so it didn't really count.