SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

6 hours ago, cberkas said:

He's been on the PP with McDavid.

He's a second liner now.

Yeah, oilers gave him every opportunity the last two year.  He went through his sophomore slump last year.  See how he does this year.  He wasn’t all that great his first two years of college either.

8 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Haven't seen the obit yet, but there are tweets posted on the home page here that Adam Calder passed after a battle with cancer.  Member of the amazing 96-97 championship team....RIP Calds!

Sad to hear, that was an awesome team he was on. :(

6 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

Looks like he isn't. I am not surprised either, none of these guys NEED to bring it to GF. They all have other places to go to that deserve it more than people in GF do. 

I agree.  Most of those guys are very kind in talking about their days in GF.  But they came from home communities that deserve to celebrate the cup with the players and their families. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Goon said:

Time to cue @MafiaMan If Toews played for the Bruins everyone would trade their Blackhawks jersey's in for a Bruins one. :) 

There is no apostrophe needed in the plural form of the word jersey, but I digress...

If Toews was traded to the Penguins tomorrow morning, DaveK and kevad would both have a slew of new friends on this board by lunchtime.  :lol:

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

There is no apostrophe needed in the plural form of the word jersey, but I digress...

If Toews was traded to the Penguins tomorrow morning, DaveK and kevad would both have a slew of new friends on this board by lunchtime.  :lol:

Good point. FMP.

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

I’d still hate the Penguins 

44 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

2:05 pm:  Brad Marchand traded to the Penguins.

2:17 pm:  Goon ordering a new jersey from the NHL online shop.

Actually, I don't own any NHL jerseys. Not a single one. I did wear a Wild t-shirt in MB last weekend and got some looks. 

All-Da Beauty Team

Brock Boeser is your MVP

Forwards -

Tyler Pitlick- Velocity 

Mikey Eyssimont- Walser

Brock Nelson- BIC 

D-

Alex Goligoski- Velocity

Justin Braun- Velocity 

G- Alex Stalock- BIC 

MVP- Brock Boeser- BIC 

Coach of the Year- Duke Boeser

Jordan Schmaltz still isn't signed (RFA year) by STL.

CapFriendly shows STL is out of space to sign him (as they must make, by rule, a $1M offer to him on his RFA offer sheet). The speculation is STL will cut loose a forward to make space for Schmaltz. That said ... 

CHI has cap space and only 6 defensemen signed. I wonder if CHI would make a run at someone else's RFA to put the brothers together. 

https://www.capfriendly.com/