SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

20 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Grimaldi - on waivers  :( feels for him, I thought he done good in preseason, but the Preds usually go for more of the scumbag douchnozzle type worthless POSs like wifebeater Watson, and diving goongobblers, so I knew it would be a longshot.

Jordan Schmaltz still in camp but Blues just traded for a D.... 

i think Luke Johnson makes it, Drew Stafford hangs with Devils.....

Ladue and Poolman are 50/50 IMHO

What do you mean "you think he makes it"? From everything I have read he has made it onto the roster

11 hours ago, siouxkid12 said:

What do you mean "you think he makes it"? From everything I have read he has made it onto the roster

Posted that a day or so ago, Chicago hadn’t posted their final roster, coach Quenville,I call him Q, hadn’t called me to confirm yet. Hence the “I think he makes it”.... an opinion, based on the “ everything I’ve read” criteria you referenced.... 

Since that time......

UPDATED 10-2-18

NHL Opening Night Rosters: 16 Former Sioux

Carter Rowney - Anaheim

Nick Schmaltz, Johnny Toews, Luke Johnson - Chicago

Tyson Jost - Colorado

Drake Caggiula - Edmonton

Derek Forbort, Paul LaDue - Los Angeles

Zach Parise - Minnesota

Travis Zajac - New Jersey

Aaron Dell - San Jose

Brock Nelson - NY Islanders

Brock Boeser, Troy Stecher - Vancouver

TJ Oshie - Washington

Jordan Schmaltz - St. Louis

Sent down to AHL:

Zane McIntyre - Providence 

Shane Gersich  - Hershey

Keaton Thompson - San Diego

Dillin Simpson -  Cleveland 

Brad Malone - Bakersfield

Cam Johnson - Binghampton

Christian Wolanin - Belleville

Austin Poganski - San Antonio

Adam Tambeleavi - Belleville

Rocco Grimaldi - Milwaukee 

Tucker Poolman - Manitoba

In limbo - 

Drew Stafford - Was looking like PTO would land him a spot now not offered a contract. Unrestricted Free Agent

Coban Knight - On IR as a Flyer, could still see himself in the National or the American yet.

I predict a total of 25 alums will play in the NHL this season. 

Not a Siouxper night in the National for our boys, These teams all saw action:

Nelson.

Forbort.   

(LaDue/scratch)

Dell DNP

Jost

Stafford

Zajac 1A - left injured.

Knight

Hak

Boeser

Stecher

N. Schmaltz 

Toews 1A

(Caggiula/scratched)

Luke Johnson - sent down to AHL

Two nights ago:

Nelson

J. Schmaltz 

Oshie 1A

Hopefully the alums can break their funk in the next week........

4 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Speaking of former players, I went to the Red Bull Salzburg vs Dornbirn Bulldogs game in Austria a couple weeks ago.  Initially, we were excited to see Vandy and Duncan for Salzburg and Michael Parks for Dornbirn.  However, during non-starters they said Brendan O'Donnell's name too.  So it was 2 v 2 for former UND players.

In what turned into a 6-3 win for Salzburg, O"Donnell, Parks and Duncan all scored.  Every UND player had at least one point with most getting at least 2.

We were wearing our UND gear and all 4 players gave us an applause after the game.  Outside, on the way back to our hotel, we ran into Duncan and Vandy and they were both great.  Chatted with them for a few minutes and they offered us tickets to future games in Salzburg.  Looking forward to hopefully seeing a few games.

For those who have been to a football game at Idaho State, this stadium reminded me of that with a little bit of a touch of the Orono Maine hockey arena.  

Awesome story, thanks for sharing!

On 10/25/2018 at 12:52 PM, southpaw said:

Speaking of former players, I went to the Red Bull Salzburg vs Dornbirn Bulldogs game in Austria a couple weeks ago.  Initially, we were excited to see Vandy and Duncan for Salzburg and Michael Parks for Dornbirn.  However, during non-starters they said Brendan O'Donnell's name too.  So it was 2 v 2 for former UND players.

In what turned into a 6-3 win for Salzburg, O"Donnell, Parks and Duncan all scored.  Every UND player had at least one point with most getting at least 2.

We were wearing our UND gear and all 4 players gave us an applause after the game.  Outside, on the way back to our hotel, we ran into Duncan and Vandy and they were both great.  Chatted with them for a few minutes and they offered us tickets to future games in Salzburg.  Looking forward to hopefully seeing a few games.

For those who have been to a football game at Idaho State, this stadium reminded me of that with a little bit of a touch of the Orono Maine hockey arena.  

Awesome!  I was so disappointed when I was in Austria a few years back, and Sweden last year that the season hadn't started yet.

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

Good thing he is having a good year, he is finally able to be a UFA next season and get out of the Islander system.

Hope he gets a shot with a contender at the trade deadline and then maybe come home to Minnysota or something.